Make a donation

Author Topic: Mags and shows  (Read 5211 times)

Offline JASGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Mags and shows
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:57:40 pm »
Right little rant about to begin, how is it that no matter how much hard work and effort you put into modefing your car, as in doing the work your self and or not just paying for it with a cheque book, that unless it was previously owned by a big tuning company or you no someone of a friend that your work never get appreciated . I no it's not just me as I no of loads of people that think the same. Unless you spend 5k on a interior or have a lambo engine transplate then it's not worthy . What happened to the built not bought Appel of owning a VAG motor???
Mk5 Gti, dsg 5door.

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Mags and shows
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »
It's a shame as its more of a I have more Money than you contest and ie the best you can buy or it's not even out yet culture. It's a shame as most of the aircooled scene is I built it myself

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline JASGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:37 pm »
Just to add I have nothing against cheque book cars as they  do look the nuts and some people are unable or dnt no how to carry out the work themselfs which is fine . I just think the appriciation for the Joe blogs of the VAG seen are being forgotten
Mk5 Gti, dsg 5door.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:53 pm »
I'm the same as mat, nothing worse than a trailor queen out trophy hunting

Offline JASGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:06:00 pm »
It's a shame as its more of a I have more Money than you contest and ie the best you can buy or it's not even out yet culture. It's a shame as most of the aircooled scene is I built it myself
I agree with that .
Mk5 Gti, dsg 5door.

Offline JASGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:10:25 pm »
I'm the same as mat, nothing worse than a trailor queen out trophy hunting
believe it or not this is why I'm having this rant, I applied for a show entry to be told it's full, then I find out a week or so later a friend or a friend phones with a trailer queen and they have a few reserved spaces!! Let alone the fact that a mag replied to my car as requiring a better interior?? Mk4 gti in a mk2 as it us what did they want bagatti seat??lol
Mk5 Gti, dsg 5door.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »
Im kind of on the fence.

I spend all I can afford on my car so if I had more money I would spend more.  It is a bit of an addiction to me  :ashamed:  The well known cars are amazing to look at and have some inspiring ideas and work.

I totally understand what the OP is saying though, very frustrating.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 07:13:17 pm »
thing is most thing can be done on a car yourself but i think its just easy for people just to say here is my car tell me when its done and give me the bill.I for one enjoy getting stuck in engine out or gearbox in my hand its good fun having an engine in bits or planning every mod and knowing its for you and no one else and if people like it then great but its for you simple

Offline JASGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 07:15:06 pm »
There is no problem with spending what u can as your right they inspire good ideas but when the chequebook cars become the only cars you see at shows and in the mags it isolates those who can throw loads of money at there motors
Mk5 Gti, dsg 5door.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »
thing is most thing can be done on a car yourself but i think its just easy for people just to say here is my car tell me when its done and give me the bill.I for one enjoy getting stuck in engine out or gearbox in my hand its good fun having an engine in bits or planning every mod and knowing its for you and no one else and if people like it then great but its for you simple

Completely agree if your comfortable doing a job then there is much satisfaction to be had.  Even if you are minted why wouldnt you want to save a few quid and be able to say "I did that"

Offline boxxer1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 07:18:55 pm »
As long as the cars being built for yourself i got no problem with whatever anybody spends, only people who build purely for attention bother me
Mk5 golf Gti REVO. stg2+
Milltek | Auto tech | White line | Forge | REVO | KW | Quaife | helix clutch |

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:12 pm »
to be honest Mike you have thought about every mod on your car and you do drive it and enjoy every mod you do so to be honest mate thats how most of us do it but as the op said trailer queens suck arse and need banning  :signLOL: should be a case of use it or lose it  :signLOL:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:43 pm »
There is no problem with spending what u can as your right they inspire good ideas but when the chequebook cars become the only cars you see at shows and in the mags it isolates those who can throw loads of money at there motors

agreed  :happy2:

I could look at cars on here all day.  Darrens for example, 5 years of bit by bit modifying making a lovely example with some ace touches.  Had mine 4 years and there is still lots to do.

Surely it would get boring to hand your car over and 6 weeks & 1 cheque later its a  car

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 07:23:18 pm »
to be honest Mike you have thought about every mod on your car and you do drive it and enjoy every mod you do so to be honest mate thats how most of us do it but as the op said trailer queens suck arse and need banning  :signLOL: should be a case of use it or lose it  :signLOL:

:signLOL:  Im a bit annoyed with myself at the fact I said I am going to think about and plan each mod and do it in a good order so Im not spending money twice.

I'm on my 4th inlet, 3rd set of brakes, planned 2nd map, 2nd exhaust being built, 4th/5th DV  :ashamed:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 08:09:14 pm »
How many times your car been to vwr? :signLOL: agreed so much better doing it yourself, and lots of fun until you step back and look at it! 'where did that bolt go again'  :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no