Make a donation

Author Topic: ROCCO R  (Read 14103 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: ROCCO R
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2012, 12:50:33 pm »
whats the spec of that focus RS?  The turn in and direction change is beautiful

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 12:59:35 pm »
Not when it's run in the VLR race series! Neither is the TTRS.

Albeit their day runner is 4wd yes

Awe man cant compare that with the category im putting the rs in thats a full on race car mega downforce body kit and sequential gear box, if that didnt thrash everything in a race where average joe modded it id be embarrassed for it !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2012, 01:05:36 pm »
whats the spec of that focus RS?  The turn in and direction change is beautiful

Believe it or not it didnt have that much done to it power was only boosted to 363, it had a differant diff ( a i think because raeder distribute that diff ) And kw clubsports - obviously set up to perfection and a set of movit brakes and decent tyres
Jobby done !

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2012, 01:06:53 pm »
Not when it's run in the VLR race series! Neither is the TTRS.

Albeit their day runner is 4wd yes
Awe man cant compare that with the category im putting the rs in thats a full on race car mega downforce body kit and sequential gear box, if that didnt thrash everything in a race where average joe modded it id be embarrassed for it !

Plus in a Focus RS people think, 'nice car'.  In a TT they think

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2012, 03:20:11 pm »
So 8 seconds with pretty much everything done except turbo. I don't think that's a great ad for the r's tbh. Not that I'm into the nurburgring times rubbish cos you still got to drive it but still, it's been said million times, the 265s times is mad.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2012, 03:47:34 pm »
Not really mate thats lightly modded imo they took the lsd out and put the one they supply in so that cancels each other out,  363 on the power chart on an rs that can be achieved with  just a remap although i doubt raeder just used a map
To achieve this and a set of coilovers and brakes ( standard brakes are proper faders )

Tbh about 3k on an rs gets you about 420 bhp and 600+nm of torque!
I think that is a good advert for the rs, for a fwd ford focus to blitz the ring in under 8 mins is pretty good, and there is going to be another ring attack soon with an aim of 7.40 - personally cat see that

Im not slateing any cars here but i bought the rs because i knew i could improve it by modding as with the edition 30 and what ever other cars ive owned, for me though buying a 265 rs ( compliment ) Where do you go ? Thats possibly as good as you can go and not much room for improvement ?

Again not trying to big up the rs by saying look at this time ect ect i just like to compare cars and show others its good points, as janner and candy both had them in there to own list and do track days

As said you make your choice on the cars merits thats important to you, pay your money and take your chances !

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »
I bet the megane was mapped anyway it sure as hell sounded fruitier than the one I drove.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 04:32:16 pm »
Anyway same old :signLOL: I would consider, map, suspension, new diff and brakes, quite a lot of mods. As for the map on the meg, give over, And a map on a 265 would give you 20 bhp?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2012, 04:42:04 pm »
Lightly modded  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:14 pm »
Got to say i had basically bought the rs looks wise before id even bought it, i personally love the rear vallance too the rear view is really hardcore with the big spoiler vallance wide arches and massivse pipes.
The ford garage where i bought the rs had a golf r they were trying to get shot of and knocked 3k of the price for me, it was still more expensive than the rs only about a grand though and i really liked that i was so tempted took it for a spin it was rapid ( found out it had been mapped ) bluefin unit in the glove box. I know though if id bought it i would of had the rs in a year or so anyway as id wanted one since id first seen it, also ive never had a new car before so that sort of swayed me !

The RSes are pretty common but i like that, it usually means better tuning products saying that though there are less FRSes than megane renaultsports according to the production numbers there were 11000 rses world wide and 500 of theses were rs 500s compared to nearly double that of the mk3 megane varients and counting as i believe they are still in production until 2013

I thought the ring lap on the 265 was pretty impressive a lot of tyre squeel though and not much engine noise !

Id love to see propper lap round there with sorted 2+ golf r, s3, rocco r cupra or eddy - hurdys lap was impressive ( i think its the fastest 2.0tfsi lap of the ring ive seen) but traffic is always going to slow you down !

RS lap - this is the fastest modern day fwd car ive seen on oem engine turbo set up, that has not been stripped anyway,

not saying your figures are wrong but since ive had my megane(12 months) apart from renault meets ive see about 10 others on the road at the most i see 10 FRS  a week and i travel all over the country with work , there are 3 on my estate alone still lovely car esp in white but imo spoilt by over production from ford

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2012, 05:37:11 pm »
that said, the FRS stands out from all other focus's so it catches the eye.  Ive seen a few meganes which i thought were RS250s until i got closer and realised they were just sport models.  They blen in much more than the FRS

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2012, 05:44:52 pm »
that said, the FRS stands out from all other focus's so it catches the eye.  Ive seen a few meganes which i thought were RS250s until i got closer and realised they were just sport models.  They blen in much more than the FRS
i agree FRS do stand out but the trained eye can spot an RS 250  miles away
looks like the vabia s off , dealer wants to give f*** all in p\x but expect to pay top dollar for there cars , £7k for a 57 plate 1.5dci qashqai tekna (top spec )they having a laugh  :confused:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2012, 06:16:57 pm »
Nice.  What was the price they asked for the fabia. 

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57:41 pm »
Id probably agree and say i see more focus rses than meg rses but like sy says they pop out a bit more, it could just be that there are more in the uk though, the uk got more rses than anywhere else i think they got about half of the full production id imagine the megane would be more popular in france as im sure i heard somewhere that it was against the law to modify in france ?

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2012, 07:38:44 pm »
Id probably agree and say i see more focus rses than meg rses but like sy says they pop out a bit more, it could just be that there are more in the uk though, the uk got more rses than anywhere else i think they got about half of the full production id imagine the megane would be more popular in france as im sure i heard somewhere that it was against the law to modify in france ?

Renaultsports biggest market is uk, tbh it depends where you live, I see loads of focus rs, less megs, but they have sold loads, must be somewhere :signLOL: