Make a donation

Author Topic: KW leaking  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
KW leaking
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:59:52 pm »
I bought a set of KW1s off a forum member (that had done about 20k) and fitted them, they have been on the car for about month & half but when i took car in today to get new disks all round & NQBBK fitted  :evilgrin: the mechanic noticed that 1 of the rear shocks was leaking :fighting:

Do they have any kind of warranty I could possibly claim on? or can I order new rear shocks from KW, or can i just get some uprated shocks and put them on instead?

On a positive side, the NQBBKs look the dogs  :drool: and I can't wait to get them bedded in  :innocent: all i need now is some nice 19" alloys to show them off  :signLOL:

Will get some pics up tomorrow when its light  :jumpmove:
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Re: KW leaking
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:12:20 pm »
Usually only come with a 12 month warranty fella. You may be able to contact them and see what they can do for you

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:49:07 pm »
The rear shocks are available separately from KW as well  :happy2:

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »
Most KW rear shocks leak slightly.  KW will tell you its normal and its just a mist of oil vapour over time that looks like a leak.  If they are properly leaking then oil will be all down the shock body.

Or it had just been raining outside and it was water. :grin:
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 09:58:37 pm »
Most KW rear shocks leak slightly.  KW will tell you its normal and its just a mist of oil vapour over time that looks like a leak.  If they are properly leaking then oil will be all down the shock body.

Or it had just been raining outside and it was water. :grin:

It was deffo oil, quite a lot  :scared: :surprised:

Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail