Make a donation

Author Topic: Creaking ARB already  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
Creaking ARB already
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »
Ok so i think i've set the new record for the fastest creak from a newly fitted ARB  :star:

Lasted a day and a half  :confused: now i know some of you have said you developed a creaking noise and regreased the bushes which i'll be getting done as they must of fitted them with none at all  :fighting:
but did it last long or does the creaking come back after a while? and if so how often does yours need regreasing?

thanks
Dave
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:11:13 pm by Little_Dave »

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: Creaking ARB already
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 05:15:33 pm »
Anybody??  :sad1:

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 05:24:36 pm »
That's pretty horrific in all honesty. Doesn't sound like any grease has been applied. I guess it depends on how often you drive the car and in what conditions you do so depending when it needs re-greasing. Would be interested in others knowledge on this one as have just put my name down on the list for the Autotech RARB.

On a side note what do you think of it? Handle much better, what setting have you got it on?

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:57 pm »
Yeah my thoughts are that they put it on dry cos my car sounds like an old wild west horse and cart over speed humps and bumpy roads  :sad1:

Going back 2moro to get it taken off and greased up properly and give them a bollocking  :fighting:

As far as it making a differnce it is very noticable to me  :happy2: i've got it on the middle setting as they said in the softest setting it was in about the same place as the standard bar all be it thicker so went for medium and nearly hit some kerbs on roundabouts on the way home  :driver:

It doesn't wash out with understeer now unless i'm really carrying some speed into the corners and intial turn in feels nice and sharp, can't wait for the WALK to arrive and get fitted too and see the difference that makes as alot have said its massive over the stock setup  :party:

Dave

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:51:10 pm »
Cheers for the info Dave, Im surprised its so different on the middle setting. Shows the full stiff setting could be more than necessary but may be worth trying out to see how it reacts. Shame about the creaking, almost puts me off a bit as I hate any rattle's or squeaks on a car. Keep us posted on why it is squeaking. On the plus side it sounds like the new ARB has made a very positive gain on the car. I have the WALK kit on, 75% of the car poly bushed, Eibach springs, Upgraded rear drop links, full set of THS engine mounts and a nice addition of camber so hopefully the new ARB will be a very nice addition!

Thinking about greasing her up, I reckon twice a year would be about right? Pre and post winter. But does depend on how much bad weather we get.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b2aodgd9r4sm5aessm30cqkk52&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:34 pm »
I've done mine 3 times since fitting mine, but the last time it wasn't the ARB. So technically I've had to regressed them twice.

You can do it without removing the wheels and drop links providing you support it level!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:59 pm »
To be fair it could be magnified by the fact i had the original arb and bushes from new on the car which is a 54 plate?

But for me its made a noticable difference which might be as big a change for you seeing what you've done already but every little helps  :happy2:

Dave

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 06:34:58 pm »
I've done mine 3 times since fitting mine, but the last time it wasn't the ARB. So technically I've had to regressed them twice.

You can do it without removing the wheels and drop links providing you support it level!

What kinda mileage you done in that time Rich and how long they been fitted?

Thanks
Dave

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b2aodgd9r4sm5aessm30cqkk52&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:45:34 pm »
Not sure to be honest. Must be a year at a guess, 25000 miles roughly.

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 07:52:57 pm »
Ah ok so i should get away with re greasing once a year then as i do less mileage  :happy2:

thanks
Dave

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:04:17 am »
Some arb shouldn;t be greased at all for example H&R ARB
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 09:19:46 am »
Bit of on topic advice needed...

My replacement neuspeed arb clamps and bushes have arrived.  Do I just use the neuspeed lube included (doesn't look like a lot) or hammer it with white lithium grease?

Tia

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 06:27:53 pm »
Got it looked at today and turns out the new drop links weren't greased up so were creaking like an 80 year old  :signLOL: go them to slap some more on the bushes too to be on the safe side  :happy2:

Nice quiet drive home  :driver:

Dave

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 11:24:10 pm »
Well sounds like the ARB was installed correctly. Hopefully it doesn't creak too much more. I presume you are running neuspeed or bsh drop links? If the drop links are creaking they sound like rose joint drop links.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 01:54:35 pm »
Bit of on topic advice needed...

My replacement neuspeed arb clamps and bushes have arrived.  Do I just use the neuspeed lube included (doesn't look like a lot) or hammer it with white lithium grease?

Tia

So then Tia!

Use the Neuspeed stuff.  Best stuff out there.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook