Make a donation

Author Topic: Any fellow mountain bikers?  (Read 2999 times)

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Any fellow mountain bikers?
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:10:21 pm »
Hi all - not long joined as you can see from the post count - am collecting my Edition 30 on Saturday.  Part of the reason for purchase was the ease of fitting a few bikes and blokes in - plus the enjoyable drives to/from the trails...  :wink:

Any other fellow MTBers? Do you love your bike as much as your car?  Here's my trail bike (not long finished build), also have an Orange Patriot running Boxxers for DH duties too..  Post a pic of your bike...  Cheers, Dom

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: Any fellow mountain bikers?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:20 pm »
Cool, cheers!  Some lovely bikes too!  I'll slowly get the hang of the 'Search' function...   :ashamed:

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 06:52:17 pm »
Cotic Soda and old school Pace RC200 here

Used to have a Yeti 575, assume you may have had something similar, or your user name a coincidence????  :laugh:

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:15:08 pm »
The username is no coincidence, always been a Yeti fan! The 575 is a lovely machine and the new SB66 looks immense. Have to confess the Cotic Soda is beautiful! Have always lusted after a Ti hardtail, maybe one day if I can sneak another bike past the wife...  :wink: How do you get on with the Soda? Bet it's a singletrack animal  :happy2:

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 08:53:04 pm »
575 was awesome just too much bike, made all my favorite local Peak District downhills too easy! Thing that amazed me most was the grip it had uphill! Do like a bit of uphill as well as the down.

Soda is perfect, little flexy, but you take it by scruff of the neck and bend it to your will, love it  :love:. I don't need anything else, not at mo anyway. May go Yeti 5 carbon or similar eventually due to old age!

Your Ibis does look pretty immense though  :happy2: You happy with it? Hows it compare to other rides you have had?

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »
Understand your thinking on the Soda 100%. It's a perfect all-dayer in the peaks. I love the feel of a hardtail and how connected they are. Obviously never had a Ti one, but your description is very appealing! Had a Cove HT until a year or so ago - sold to help fund wedding (chair covers)  :stupid:

Still getting used to the Ibis as its not been finished that long. It's pretty special though, sub 29lb with the reverb, DW suspension is like a magic carpet - direct feeling in singletrack and on the ups, like a magic carpet on the way down. Given low weight I'm still getting used to ploughing it into stuff flat out! It has to do everything except DH duties (trails, XC, odd merida marathon etc). I'm used to single pivot simplicity having come off a Santa Cruz Heckler and have an Orange Patriot for DH, so Ibis suspension feels great.

In North Wales all next w/e riding the Ibis and running in the Edition 30! Quite excited bout the latter on those Welsh country roads!  :signLOL:

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »
How you finding the reverb mate? I have the Joplin dropper on my zesty but its crap,one of my mates has a yeti sb66 I can't bring myself to ride it as I'll end up buying one

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 09:37:40 pm »
The Yeti is immense I agree! Definitely don't ride it! That said, the Zesty is pretty special too. As for the Reverb, it's amazing. Does what it says on the tin as it were, easy to bleed and so far seems pretty durable. Only had mine a few months, but my mates got an Intense Tracer 2 and has been using his reverb for 12 months without issue, including a Morzine trip... Do it!  :wink:

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 09:52:17 pm »
I'm riding morzine in July on the way to mega avalanche,I will probably get a reverb I hate the Joplin it moves the seat every time I knock it

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »
Sounds like a plan, mega should be fun! I'll also be in Morzine in July! Flying though not driving. If some guy is holding you up on a baby blue Patriot with Boxxers, that'd be me!  :signLOL:

Offline mattyw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 09:52:39 am »
Doubt I'll be holding you up ha ha,I just hope I'm going to be ok for then ive got nerve damage in my left arm so I'm struggling to ride at the moment

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »
I have the Joplin dropper on my zesty but its crap

Try a Specialized Command Post. I junked my Joplin as there was too much slop and movement. The spesh one has been great.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline TimG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »
Just got back into riding this year. Got myself a Cannondale SL4 to get me going again, quite like it!

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 05:29:11 pm »
Nice bike mate, always loved cannondales, plus i have to confess I'll always have a huge soft spot for a good trail hardtail! Enjoy!