Make a donation

Author Topic: Midland VW  (Read 1650 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Midland VW
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:40:58 am »
Hi guys,

I recently had my NQSBBK, WALK and Autotech rear ARB fitted by Midland VW. When I lived in Birmingham I'd also gotten my coilovers fitted by them, and when I had my old A3 1.6 my brakes were done by them.

Always brilliant service, keen prices and Jody (the gaffer) knows his VAGs. Very helpful too, Jody knew I was slightly disappointed as my car was pulling to the left after the WALK had been fitted and the car had been tracked, so when he had his tracker calibrated a few days later he called me off his own back to have another go.

Popped it down and walked out 20 minutes later all sorted.

I'm deciding whether to go stage 2 or stage 2+, but either way I have a full Milltek TB, rev D dump valve and some gauges to be fitted (HPFP and intercooler too if i go stage 2+) and the car will be going back to them.

If you live in the Midlands they are your go-to guys 100%. I live 32mi away now but nobody else will be touching my car.

Thanks Midland VW.

2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Midland VW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:13:57 am »
Have just looked at where they are located. Only 25 miles from me so might use them for future work. Will be having springs and possibly going down the WALK route when the car goes to stage 2 in a month or so and will be wanting someone to do the alignments properly.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 01:25:32 pm »
Have had a mixed experience with them.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:44:52 pm »
Have had a mixed experience with them.

Really? Care to share? You're the only person I've ever heard say anything but nice things about them.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:17:27 pm »
Short answer is I had problems with getting the brakes fitted, got messed about with brake hoses (to the point where I had to cancel and rebook another day!), squeaking bushes which they said they'd do but never did etc.

Having said that, the first time I used them, they were excellent and when I thought I had a cambelt slip, Jody reassured me that it wasn't (turned out boost at been set too high on the remap). He looked at it all for free.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline cupra_k1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:30:13 pm »
I have used them a couple of times in the past. One thing I will say is that they always seem to be busy, too busy infact at times which i think can sometimes go against them. Jody is a very honest chap, he will not rip you off and will go out of he's way to help.