Make a donation

Author Topic: Shadow Blue GT TDI 140  (Read 20587 times)

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Shadow Blue GT TDI
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »

Offline rickstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2012, 01:13:19 am »
Hi just been reading through your build and your car is looking great. I have just got my hands on a 3dr gt tdi 140bhp , how was the Nurburgring? i would love to take mine one day for the experiance!

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:45 pm »
Hi just been reading through your build and your car is looking great. I have just got my hands on a 3dr gt tdi 140bhp , how was the Nurburgring? i would love to take mine one day for the experiance!

Nice one cheers  :happy2: glad you like  :smiley:

You'll enjoy your GT, a 3dr is a rare find  :happy2: they're decent car's and go well for a 140bhp diesel.

Nurburg was truly amazing, it was my second vist this year but the first visit in the Golf and it suprised me how good it is  :happy2: So good that i'm now looking at selling the diesel and i'm currently on the hunt for an Edition 30 or Pirelli Edition as I can't justify having a diesel, I don't do that many miles.

Anyone who is a petrolhead needs to go to Nurburg just for the experience, even if you don't drive the ring, the place alone is worth going for  :smiley:

Cheers,

Ben

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2013, 10:50:54 am »
Its been a very long time since an update, so i've finally done what I've wanted since I bought the car.
I've now got a GTi rear valance and a cat back exhaust  :grin:
Here's some pics of the progress,
Bumper off for spraying

The new GTi valance fitted with the diffuser part done in gloss black

The new Cobra cat back exhaust fitted

I'm very happy with how it turned out, i'm loving the noise when you let off the throttle, the car seems to pick up a lot quicker as well now  :happy2:

Ben

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 11:31:27 am »
Fantastic work Ben, she looks lovely!  :happy2:
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
looks excellent

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »
Cheers guys  :happy2:

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2013, 01:10:31 pm »
Nice work, that doesn't look much different from mine. What does the exhaust sound like? I'm not to sure about aftermarket exhausts on a derv. Mine sounds like a transit van as it is haha
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: Shadow Blue GT TDI
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2013, 08:31:02 pm »
Very nice 8)

sent using my own fingers

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2013, 11:04:41 pm »
Cheers for the comments  :smiley:

Nice work, that doesn't look much different from mine. What does the exhaust sound like? I'm not to sure about aftermarket exhausts on a derv. Mine sounds like a transit van as it is haha

Cheers  :wink:
The exhaust sounds alright tbh, just a little deeper and doesn't sound too much like a transit haha, I'll try and get a video of it at some point. Its a Cobra cat back that i've got, I can highly recommend it  :smiley:

Ben

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 11:53:16 pm »
It's been a very long time since the last update, i've not really done much apart from buying a DA polisher which has been good and I have bought a new camera so here is a few pictures trying out some different effects;

I've also just bought 4 new tyres, i've gone for Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, first impressions are very good but we shall see how they go.

Cheers,
Ben

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:45 am »
Nice pictures there Ben, we have identical cars other than mine being the petrol version.
Did you encounter any problems, changing the cat back exhaust? that's only thing that bugs me is having the hidden exhaust.

Black Ed30

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2015, 11:02:59 am »
Nice pictures there Ben, we have identical cars other than mine being the petrol version.
Did you encounter any problems, changing the cat back exhaust? that's only thing that bugs me is having the hidden exhaust.

Cheers Rob  :happy2: ah that's cool, have you got a members ride thread??

No problems at all, I originally colour coded the standard bumper but didn't like the hidden exhaust either so I bought myself a GTi rear valance as it's a straight swap, bought that from VW as they're fairly cheap, then got a mate to paint it for me.
Then went up to Cobra exhausts in Sheffield who fitted the exhaust, who I can highly recommend.
The exhaust is non resonated so I imagine would be quite loud on a petrol but it's okay on the diesel, just a little bit more smoke  :smiley:

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
Re: Shadow Blue GT TDI 140
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:47 pm »
Hmm a members ride thread, i wouldnt exactly call it a thread mate, there are only about four pictures uploaded.
I did take a few pictures a few weeks ago, but i didnt upload them.

I would like to go down the R32 route with the twin centre rear exhausts, i've had one qoute which was in the £600 region, i felt that was slightly excessive. Sheffield bit of a distance for me mate, as i'm in London.

Interesting reading your feedback about the H & R's as i#ve been contemplating whether to go for them or the Eibach's, i,m leaning more towards the H & R's.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:49:45 pm by Rob1 »
Black Ed30

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Shadow Blue GT TDI 140
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »
Hey matey, could I ask how you got on with the vredestine sessanta thinking about fitting these to my gti just wondering about you opinions.