Make a donation

Author Topic: an excuse for a polishing machine?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
an excuse for a polishing machine?
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:07:57 pm »
 well i woke up this.morning after a crappy night sleep worry about my lovely car due to all the snow and ice.

I presumed someone would have slided into it from the way people were driving.. well.. not driving and i witnessed a crash! Anyway i though id check out my car this morning and too my relief the car was fine.. but then i thought something wasnt right.. well i looked over the car and noticed some little sh*tter has swiped the snow of one side if the car and in the process scratched my roof.. :sad1:  :mad:  :sick:

:mad:
 im proper peed off and now after a bit of shouting and swearing think bite the bullet and buy a polishing machine and do thewhole car and get rid of a few smaller cosmetic blemishes... the thing thats really annoyed me is the scratch runs down the whole roof in a curve...i know its all done in good fun and they probably didnt mean to otherwise they would of keyed it but i mean for f*ck sake do people not think?!?  did it not cross ere mind "oh hang on a minute.. this button could scratch this persons nice and well kept car? I should pribably get the snow from the wall.."  :confused:

so does anyone have a polishing machine for sale and any advice to resolve it? It does only look like a light scratch and hasnt gone through to the bare metal.. so im presuming some kind of compount or polish?

Ideas would be apreciated

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: an excuse for a polishing machine?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 04:11:04 pm »
I have a polisher and pads for sale along with different compound polishes etc... used 3 times PM me for info.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »
Depends on the scratch. Generally speaking the fingernail test is quite good - if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, it means a respray (or touch in pen with sanding it flat and machine polishing). I'd get it looked at rather than trying to tackle something like that yourself.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:09:43 pm »
well i woke up this.morning after a crappy night sleep worry about my lovely car due to all the snow and ice.

I presumed someone would have slided into it from the way people were driving.. well.. not driving and i witnessed a crash! Anyway i though id check out my car this morning and too my relief the car was fine.. but then i thought something wasnt right.. well i looked over the car and noticed some little sh*tter has swiped the snow of one side if the car and in the process scratched my roof.. :sad1:  :mad:  :sick:

:mad:
 im proper peed off and now after a bit of shouting and swearing think bite the bullet and buy a polishing machine and do thewhole car and get rid of a few smaller cosmetic blemishes... the thing thats really annoyed me is the scratch runs down the whole roof in a curve...i know its all done in good fun and they probably didnt mean to otherwise they would of keyed it but i mean for f*ck sake do people not think?!?  did it not cross ere mind "oh hang on a minute.. this button could scratch this persons nice and well kept car? I should pribably get the snow from the wall.."  :confused:

so does anyone have a polishing machine for sale and any advice to resolve it? It does only look like a light scratch and hasnt gone through to the bare metal.. so im presuming some kind of compount or polish?

Ideas would be apreciated

have you sorted it yet?
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:46 pm »
No  :sad1: im gunna order a polishing machine through work and a scrap pieve of car on ebay to practice on.. ive gone over it with tcut and autoglym polish and wax and its alot better!!

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:44:12 pm »
well i say through work i mean the plumbers merchant im working for atm  :innocent: has its perks