Make a donation

Author Topic: Feeling like turd in the morning?  (Read 8899 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tfpqgh51lbnp6knsk732k198ad&/topic,19740.0.html
Feeling like turd in the morning?
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »
Does anyone else feel like turd every time they wake up? I never wake up feeling ready and raring to get out of bed.  :confused:

Any ideas to as why? (and no... i dont sink 10 pints every night  :signLOL: )

Rich
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:13:27 pm by richwig83 »

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: Feeling like turd in the morning?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »
Menopause?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tfpqgh51lbnp6knsk732k198ad&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »
Forgot to mention the hot flushes VC....  :signLOL:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »
Yup with you on that one Rich. My head is never great and my back takes a while to get going too!!

I put it down to good old manual labour! And age!  :grin:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »
Lack of serotonin. Most people suffer from it during the winter, some more than others.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 08:20:22 pm »
Same here. Apparently its been proven that some people work on different body clocks. It seems that some people genuinely are morning people and some are late risers. They were even allowing a trial of students somewhere to measure the benefits etc..

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »
I can get up at 6am on a Sunday morn to wash the car. But some days I could be in bed till 8 (which for me is late).

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »
Lack of serotonin. Most people suffer from it during the winter, some more than others.

A mate I work with suffers with this. SAD I think its called. It does stand for something but can't remember. Something to do with a lack of sunshine lol.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 08:29:52 pm »
Could also be just down to the amount of sleep your getting vs how tired you are.

Sometimes a desk job can make you a hell of a lot more fatigued by the end of the day than a manual job. It's just you have mental fatigue rather than physical. Sometimes it can be worse and take longer to recover from than physical fatigue.

How fit are you Rich? Do you do any exercise? 30 mins a day can help massively. Something as simple as a brisk walk with a dog if you have one. It will take you a bit to get used too but after 3-4 weeks you will feel the benefits.

If your already quite fit/active then it could be Seasonal Adjustment Disorder (SAD) as has been alluded too above.

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »
Going to bed before 10-30 makes a massive difference to me

Also plenty of exercise helps and NOT staring at a computer screen or tv just before bed. Computer games are a definite no no...

No caffeine, booze is obvious one

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:37:26 pm »
As above, good sleep hygiene is essential. Look at your diet too

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 08:46:21 pm »
Could also be just down to the amount of sleep your getting vs how tired you are.

Sometimes a desk job can make you a hell of a lot more fatigued by the end of the day than a manual job. It's just you have mental fatigue rather than physical. Sometimes it can be worse and take longer to recover from than physical fatigue.

How fit are you Rich? Do you do any exercise? 30 mins a day can help massively. Something as simple as a brisk walk with a dog if you have one. It will take you a bit to get used too but after 3-4 weeks you will feel the benefits.

If your already quite fit/active then it could be Seasonal Adjustment Disorder (SAD) as has been alluded too above.

Carl.. Im 28 but not very fit to be honest, I don't exercise regularly which is something im going to address soon. Im not massively over weight, could do with shedding a stone. I usually go to be between 12 and 2am, so that could be a massive factor.

I always feel at my best in the 2-4 hours before i go to sleep, which is probably why i end up staying up quite late.  :signLOL:

Im glad to hear that im not the only one, its been concerning me over the last 6 months.

Rich
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:50:41 pm by richwig83 »

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »
i suffer from this, but tbh im up till midnight most nights and have to be up by half 7 to get the kids ready, i need a fag and coffee in the garden with the dog to wake up
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:02 pm »
drink plenty of water (maybe with some diluting juice added to help the flavour)
im guilty of too much diet coke/coffee which with constant caffeine really fks me up!
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:32:52 pm »
Carl.. Im 28 but not very fit to be honest, I don't exercise regularly which is something im going to address soon. Im not massively over weight, could do with shedding a stone. I usually go to be between 12 and 2am, so that could be a massive factor.

I always feel at my best in the 2-4 hours before i go to sleep, which is probably why i end up staying up quite late.  :signLOL:

Im glad to hear that im not the only one, its been concerning me over the last 6 months.

Rich
[/quote]

There is your main problem. You are going to bed too late 12-2am, hence your body is not really/fully shutting down allowing you to get optimum rest. It is has been established that you are in your deepest sleep at these times.

Also look at your diet as others have said. Not so much about what you eat but the time you eat it.

HTH.