Make a donation

Author Topic: pm display and map?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
pm display and map?
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »
I don't know whether these have been covered before (probably)

but the pm's listed more like a conversation or at least a "sent" box. It can become a bit confusing when you can't see what you said three or four messages back etc.

The other idea would involve google maps (or other?)

but you could have a members map and a meet & events map.

Members could tag themselves in a certain area by town centre (not your actual address) then you can see how many members are in your local area and arrange meetings etc etc.

The other map would be based on meets. Each meet could be tagged in a map stating date and time and location. Then all you need to do is look at the map around your local area to find out if there are any meetings or gatherings and then attend.

:popcornsoda:

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: pm display and map?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »
I too wanted sent messages to be saved for the same reason and was going to ask the same thing but then looking this morning you can actually do it. Go into your profile, the click private message settings. There is a check box with "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default." Check that and there you have it.

I also did a search about the member map and think the concensus was that people didn't want their location known to keep their pride and joy safe.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:55:04 pm by Matto »

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:29:34 pm »
As above, I think I suggested a map type thing years ago, when this place was set up in 2008. People didn't want to have their locations known, even if it was at county level.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:28:30 am »
hmm, even so though if you didnt or don't want to show your location on the map, either country or town / city level (not suggesting street names for a split second) then surely they just don't tag it?

Allows others who may wish to see how many people close by (mainly to pester for a helping hand and social meets) to do so?