Make a donation

Author Topic: Convincing  (Read 876 times)

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 2
Convincing
« on: January 22, 2012, 09:19:15 am »
I have a BMW 318msport ci auto which is good car all round including mechanics etc.
However, coming from a mk4 gti to a 225 TT then to this car I am used to VW group cars and drive and so looking at Mk5 GTI. Also had mk2 gti when younger so do like the brand/cars.

Just wondering if anyone else gone back to mk5 GTI after trying other cars and why?

Think I need a little convincing before I take the jump so to speak, I am favouring the GTI but would welcome comments from those that have been in same dilemma before.

Offline DJM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
    • Email
Re: Convincing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:55 am »
Depends what you want from a car. I had a Ko3s ibiza, then went Astra 888, Focus RS now got a golf GTi. Im a big fan of VAG for build quality, comfort and performance. Cars no way as fun as the RS or as quick. Im running 270bhp in mine and is nippy. Alot more comfortable and build quality. Plus i can still get over 30mpg so works alot better for me as use it for work.

Think its down to what you want. I love the looks of the mk5 golf over any other. If you want fun i think there is more fun cars out there but all rounder you cant go wrong. 30plus mpg, beat most things on the road that your gonna come across, handles well, looks the bollo**s  :happy2:

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:21:44 am »
Thanks for that.

Offline Weston

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:47:27 am »
Welcome. Have you driven one yet as that's probably the easiest way of comparing to what you've had before? Obviously asking on here a lot of people would say to go for it  :happy2: There's definitely some members who've changed then come back, and some who've had several mk5 gti's.
GTI going...

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »
Yeah taken it out and loved it. BMW is a great car but GTI is fast, practical and fun.
Will get up to have another look and make the decision!!! The only thing that was putting me off was the miles but my kind has been put at ease from comments.