Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R written off  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Golf R written off
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:59 pm »
Just found the link I were after, got mixed up with another incident that the police also abused their positions but the one I were talking about happened in July 2008 and was a serving soldier from REME and not the Marines. Here's the link from the towns CCTV so nobody can really stand up and say the officers acted find and that the actions were justified.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299832/Police-officer-caught-beating-duty-soldier-CCTV-faces-jail.html

Oh and with regards to the 'testing' of the Golf R..... Well why didn't he do what a lot of police officers do in Yorkshire and also I've known a lot from GMP do it also.... They drive to the Military Driving School in Leconfield (near Hull) and do it all there where they have and old RAF base that has a road network painted all over it and is also where the military do their blue light and advanced driving courses. If it's good enough for the SF to practice how to do escape and evade maneuvers and high speed persuits down to 18 yr olds learning to drive a class one HGV then I'm sure the police can practice and test the vehicles there in a safe and controlled area. I don't think a rally driver would get away with driving sideways around bends if he said he was just practicing or testing his vehicle out so the police shouldn't get away with it either.

One thing I've found out though with the police from past experience is that what they say has happened and what actually did happen are usually 2 different things with regards to punishments. A few weeks back I reported a police officer for driving through a red light with no emergency equipment being used. Fair enough the officer admitted it once the Inspector had spoken to him and the inspector got back to me saying he had a written report put on his file and that he was also on a days driving course and 3 day suspension for his actions but the officer asked for his sincere appolgies to be passed on to me. I later that day spotted the police officer driving his police car so I stopped and spoke to him and before I could say anything he said sorry and that he was after a stolen car and didn't want to alert them with lights or sirens until he was close enough behind the stolen car. I then said ok, even though I didn't believe him one bit because he was travelling towards me and no cars had been down that road for a good half a mile at least, but when I got talking to him and asked if he was going home now he said no my shift doesn't finish for another few hours yet and he was working all weekend too which he wasn't too happy with (this was a Thursday). This says to me that he hadn't been suspended at all so he probably had got a slap on the wrist off the inspector and that was all, no driving courses, no points, no suspension, nothing more than a phone call most likely!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 11:40:10 pm »

I got pulled once by a motorbike cop pulling out of my local pub carpark, he followed me for a mile and watched me drop 2 of mates off then pulled me over (still had girlfriend in front seat), he asked me if i had had a drink and I said "No I dont drink, just had some coke" then pointed at the empty can of coke my GF was holding, he then said in possibly the most arrogant tone ever "Having seen you pull away erratically from a pub car park it is my belief you are under the influence of alchohol and  I am going to conduct a breath test".

Word for word this happened to me too in Guildford a couple of months ago......! The only difference was they had 'apparently' seen me pulling away in an erratic manner from some traffic lights, and not a pub. Completely not true, I'd done nothing of the sort. After my breath test came out as 0, they proceeded to check every little bit of my car for road worthyness/legality, and of course nothing was untoward. I think it was a Saturday night and they were just bored.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Betty02

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 11
    • iBett
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 09:54:58 am »
He got suspended then!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4086631/Police-officer-banned-from-driving-duties-after-wrecking-car.html

Testing a car 'on-loan' to the police, so that means it was going to be an undercover traffic car. Nice!
ADMIN NOTICE: Please do not use the site for advertising!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 10:01:44 am »
Skidded on a round about  :driver: :signLOL: more like drove head on in to it and flipped the car and the rolled at least 3 times  :driver:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2012, 03:22:29 pm »
"A police officer who wrecked a £40,000 supercar on a test drive had featured in a TV show on police pursuit chases.

Pc Paul Fletcher starred in BBC1's Car Wars which tracked Greater Manchester Police's team of high-speed pursuit officers as they chased down criminals."

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/police-crash-driver-was-tv-star

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »
Just found the link I were after, got mixed up with another incident that the police also abused their positions but the one I were talking about happened in July 2008 and was a serving soldier from REME and not the Marines. Here's the link from the towns CCTV so nobody can really stand up and say the officers acted find and that the actions were justified.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299832/Police-officer-caught-beating-duty-soldier-CCTV-faces-jail.html

Oh and with regards to the 'testing' of the Golf R..... Well why didn't he do what a lot of police officers do in Yorkshire and also I've known a lot from GMP do it also.... They drive to the Military Driving School in Leconfield (near Hull) and do it all there where they have and old RAF base that has a road network painted all over it and is also where the military do their blue light and advanced driving courses. If it's good enough for the SF to practice how to do escape and evade maneuvers and high speed persuits down to 18 yr olds learning to drive a class one HGV then I'm sure the police can practice and test the vehicles there in a safe and controlled area. I don't think a rally driver would get away with driving sideways around bends if he said he was just practicing or testing his vehicle out so the police shouldn't get away with it either.

One thing I've found out though with the police from past experience is that what they say has happened and what actually did happen are usually 2 different things with regards to punishments. A few weeks back I reported a police officer for driving through a red light with no emergency equipment being used. Fair enough the officer admitted it once the Inspector had spoken to him and the inspector got back to me saying he had a written report put on his file and that he was also on a days driving course and 3 day suspension for his actions but the officer asked for his sincere appolgies to be passed on to me. I later that day spotted the police officer driving his police car so I stopped and spoke to him and before I could say anything he said sorry and that he was after a stolen car and didn't want to alert them with lights or sirens until he was close enough behind the stolen car. I then said ok, even though I didn't believe him one bit because he was travelling towards me and no cars had been down that road for a good half a mile at least, but when I got talking to him and asked if he was going home now he said no my shift doesn't finish for another few hours yet and he was working all weekend too which he wasn't too happy with (this was a Thursday). This says to me that he hadn't been suspended at all so he probably had got a slap on the wrist off the inspector and that was all, no driving courses, no points, no suspension, nothing more than a phone call most likely!

A SPECIAL ...SO NOT A POLICE OFFICER THEN.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 06:57:44 pm »

I got pulled once by a motorbike cop pulling out of my local pub carpark, he followed me for a mile and watched me drop 2 of mates off then pulled me over (still had girlfriend in front seat), he asked me if i had had a drink and I said "No I dont drink, just had some coke" then pointed at the empty can of coke my GF was holding, he then said in possibly the most arrogant tone ever "Having seen you pull away erratically from a pub car park it is my belief you are under the influence of alchohol and  I am going to conduct a breath test".

Word for word this happened to me too in Guildford a couple of months ago......! The only difference was they had 'apparently' seen me pulling away in an erratic manner from some traffic lights, and not a pub. Completely not true, I'd done nothing of the sort. After my breath test came out as 0, they proceeded to check every little bit of my car for road worthyness/legality, and of course nothing was untoward. I think it was a Saturday night and they were just bored.

He checked my car over as well, but I was in my company car which was only 4 months old (Rather than my personal car), he even checked the windscreen wash as his last resort, Muppett!!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2012, 07:00:00 pm »
A SPECIAL ...SO NOT A POLICE OFFICER THEN.

I think most refer to them as "plastic coppers", stepping stone to the force, still in Uniform and still working with/for the police

Only spoke once with a special, conversation went like this:-

Tap on side window (I am sat in my car waiting for my mate who is at the cash machine), "is this your car?", "Yes it is" was my reply, "Are you insured for the car" "Yes I am, are you insured for yours?" was my reply, "would you mind waiting while we get a police officer to verify this information" (My freind now gets in the car and shuts his door) "Yes I would mind as im late already for picking up our girlfriends!, goodbye", engage 1st gear and leave!!.

Seriously mate give me a choice and im taking the easy option  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:08:46 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2012, 07:08:22 pm »
Get plenty of ********* (fill the gaps with any word you think fits) in the Specials.
Got one locally who is at court for Rape last week/this week.
Forces will take anyone if they will do it for free . The media love slagging off those that cannot fight back and the Police never do . Perhaps its about time they did . :innocent:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD