Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R written off  (Read 9371 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Golf R written off
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
they would have to be suspended but what will come of it thou..props be dealt with internally but the public will never know the out come to this

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »
I don't mind no drinks if I'm driving it's the day after if I have been drinking I would find a problem if the limit was zero.  You had 5 pints wake up it's roughly 1 unit an hour can I drive at 10 am ? midday ? Next day ?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 01:31:22 pm »
Estonia, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary all have zero tolerance

Most other countries in the EU have far lower limit than we do. A guy in work was charged in Germany as he was over their drink drive limit but was under the UK limit. He had only had one pint of German beer as well. Alcohol affects people in different ways.

I don't drink but when i have in the past i know i wouldn't be capable of driving safely after 2-3 drinks (no idea if i'd be over the limit on 1 but probably) whereas i remember watching a documentary ( i think it was that Gethin Jenkins bloke) where he had drunk 7 Vodka & Coke and was still only blowing 33 on the Breathalyser. Yet his driving was atrocious

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »
Estonia, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary all have zero tolerance

Most other countries in the EU have far lower limit than we do. A guy in work was charged in Germany as he was over their drink drive limit but was under the UK limit. He had only had one pint of German beer as well. Alcohol affects people in different ways.

I don't drink but when i have in the past i know i wouldn't be capable of driving safely after 2-3 drinks (no idea if i'd be over the limit on 1 but probably) whereas i remember watching a documentary ( i think it was that Gethin Jenkins bloke) where he had drunk 7 Vodka & Coke and was still only blowing 33 on the Breathalyser. Yet his driving was atrocious

As above . When training to use the Intoximeter (The one at Police station) we were on a late shift first day so that we could stay overnight and each consume alcohol and then to use the machine to see what our readings were. There were eleven of us and only one went over the limit. We all drunk over what we thought would be ok to drive. Anyone who states they were over and had only drunk one drink are not telling the truth .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 02:05:07 pm »

As above . When training to use the Intoximeter (The one at Police station) we were on a late shift first day so that we could stay overnight and each consume alcohol and then to use the machine to see what our readings were. There were eleven of us and only one went over the limit. We all drunk over what we thought would be ok to drive. Anyone who states they were over and had only drunk one drink are not telling the truth .
if the driver passes the breath test,but you know he has drank to much,then what happens--do you have to let the driver go!!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:38 pm »
Both got away with speeding on their way to work as "They were called in as emergency cover" which was under extenuating circumstances, which I think translates as the "Police excuse for looking after your own"

"Reasonable suspicion" is something one of them told me about (he is a traffic copper), it was laughable.

" Called in for emergency cover" and you would expect them to drive slowly ?

I breathalised a man during the Christamas Drink Drive campaign about 15 years ago who was three times the limit and looked sober and gave off no signs of being drunk , he had had an accident. That is enough suspicion that they might be over limit. Any accident is generally breathalised now.
Every driver should vote to be breath tested randomly to bring that law in or to reduce the alcohol limit to zero. If you have ever had to tell someone their child has been killed by a drink driver (or anyone linked to a drink drive death to be honest) you will know why this is the only way forward .

:signLOL: your missing my point, called in for "Emergency cover" is what they called it for their reports, they were both on "GENERAL SHIFT" and on way to work, it was just a case of "The Club" looking after their own im afraid.

Regards drink driving I have reported several myself as they are a danger to evryone (I dont give sh*t if someones pissed and kills himself on a country road, he deserves it!), but endangering others as you dont want to pay a £10 taxi fare is stupid!.

I was driving home from an event I was at  (IN our works van with 3 on board) and we were coming over the top of holmfirth and I saw a van coming the other way about half mile in front of me, i was watching him come towards me when about 300yds ahead of us he clipped the grass verge and lost it, he over-corrected and was heading straight for us so I put the van onto the verge and got us stopped, he went past us sideways and crashed straight through a dry stone wall, crossed 100yds of field them slammed into another dry stone wall

I Got out of the van (This is at 11.30am) and went to see if he was OK, I opened the door as he was still unconscious and then smelt what can only be described as a wine tasting session!, it was then I saw the 2 x 5L boxesof white wine in his passenger footwell.
We called the police who brethalysed him some 2 hours later (he was pretty beat up in the accident) and he was at that time still 3 times over the limit!, turns out the guy was an Alky but his deliverey driving job seemed not to get in the way!.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 02:19:06 pm »
garradrj - Are you a cooper?
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:18 pm »

We have at least 4 coppers on the site maybe more and a couple of traffic cops all spot on from reading posts

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »

I think from replies, either current or retiired  :happy2:

I have been breathalysed 5 times in 21 years of driving all have been random stop checks, usually late at night TBH but as I dont drink in UK (Only ever drink on holiday) I always had nowt to worry about.

I got pulled once by a motorbike cop pulling out of my local pub carpark, he followed me for a mile and watched me drop 2 of mates off then pulled me over (still had girlfriend in front seat), he asked me if i had had a drink and I said "No I dont drink, just had some coke" then pointed at the empty can of coke my GF was holding, he then said in possibly the most arrogant tone ever "Having seen you pull away erratically from a pub car park it is my belief you are under the influence of alchohol and  I am going to conduct a breath test".

My girlfriend just looked at me and said "Erratically?" and giggled (I dont think that helped as he got even more arsey!), he then said "are you refusing to provide a specimen of breath?", I said no I was not refusing I was just waiting to be asked if I would rather than be told I would be!, anyhoo he went back to his bike and got his breathalyser and pulled out a new tube and pulled the wrapper paper off and threw it on the ground behind him.

We then conducted said breat test and got a big fat "0" and green light, I then bent down and picked up the wrapper and placed it on his bike seat and said "I think thats yours mate, you dropped it earlier".

then  off I went.

I think what perhaps he had not realised is that I was actually dropping my mate off at the pub as his parents own the pub and also the fact that it was 11am and the pub did not open until 12, had he been nice about things I may well have told him, but as he was an arse i did not bother.

90% of police are good coppers and will be responded to in a positive manner (I have friends who are coppers dont forget and I knwo what they have to deal with), unfortunately the other 10% who insist on speaking to you as if your a brainless moron will be spoken to with large amounts of sarcasm and even larger amounts of large confusing words
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:45:26 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 02:29:45 pm »

What gave it away :wink:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 02:30:50 pm »
Is it true that even ordinary coppers hate traffic police? Lol

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »
Is it true that even ordinary coppers hate traffic police? Lol

My mate Gary (Ex Traffic copper for GMP) said that when he was in the force they all hated traffic cops as they were seen to  "Have a cushy number" just cruising about while those on the beat got grief from scrotes on estates (his words not mine  :happy2:)

maybe thats changed as gary has been out 10 years now I think, it was him who told me they call The Police Force "the biggest gang in the country"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:56:32 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:04 pm »

What gave it away :wink:

from reading it seemed he was very pro police, so just wondered.
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline DMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:18 pm »
You can get breathalized if:

commited road traffic offence.

Involved in collision

Suspected under influence of alcohol

If someone passes and still displays signs of being under influence of something then they will prob get arrested for being "unfit" S4. Road Traffic Act 1988.

In relation to the above I think its very unlikely someone would falsify being recalled in an emergency as If the excess speed was prosecuted they would want proof of the so called recall and I dont believe other people would lie just to get someone off speeding and at the risk of losing their job for breach of honesty & integrity as you'd struggle to get a job anywhere after that.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:32 pm »
Well it happened im afraid, I have 6 friends who are/were coppers (2 left and 4 current, covering traffic, regular and CID) between them they have some stories  :grin:

I think the "Suspected under influence of alcohol" pretty much covers the "Anything else not in the above" bracket!.

I even got arrested myself once for "Drunk and Disorderly", "Assaulting a police officer" and apparently" Resisting arrest" (Remember I dont drink!) which is another of the polices "General arrest" I think, anyway i was swiftly de-arrested (about 1 minute after being arrested) when one of the local bobbies kindly pointed out that A/ I dont drink B/ I was not being disorderly C/ I never touched him (or him me  :grin:) and D/ my mates girfriends  father is Chief of police for GMP (she was at side of me).

It came about as someone called this copepr a "Cu&t" and ran off, the copper chased him, rounded the corner and I was stood there (outside the pub with friends and my GF) he came straight at me at speed and I just side stepped him thinking he was after someone behind me, well he landed flat on his face!, it was funny afterwards, although not at the time as 3 coppers jumped on me and wresteled me to the ground, I did say at the time, "Lads your making a Big mistake here" although im sure they heard that before it was actually true!.

I Even brought the copper who sorted things for me a pint of coke as thanks (it was a warm day)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:53:14 pm by Tamiyoman »