Make a donation

Author Topic: Another new GTI Owner  (Read 965 times)

Offline boulevard

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Another new GTI Owner
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:50:16 pm »
Bought my new GTI today (06 Mk5), collect on Tuesday. Will be sad too see my S4 cab go, wont be sad too see the huge fuel bills depart.
Black GTI Mk5 - got cruise, RNS510 & Carbonio intake to be fitted next..

MPS

Re: Another new GTI Owner
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:48:16 pm »
Welcome! Funny that, I'm fancy a B6 S4 as my next car! Awesome V8 sound. Did you have any trouble with the tensioner pulley or chain guides? as I hear it is quite a common problem with the 4.2 V8's.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:23:07 am »
Welcome! Funny that, I'm fancy a B6 S4 as my next car! Awesome V8 sound. Did you have any trouble with the tensioner pulley or chain guides? as I hear it is quite a common problem with the 4.2 V8's.

Me too Matt, I fancy an RS4 cab one day. The noise of that V8 is unreal. Getting more realistic on the price front as well! 20k! Still out of my league, but one day.......

:driver:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline boulevard

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:32:20 am »

I never had any probs with my S4. I read stories of others having chain rattle etc but mine was perfect on that front. The V8 was nice & it was a cracking car, fuel bills just but crippling and I am doing more miles now so was time to move it on.
Black GTI Mk5 - got cruise, RNS510 & Carbonio intake to be fitted next..