Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129532 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:22 pm »
Woah, why am I biased???

Ah cone on pov

Your switching to APR and all of a sudden APR are awesome threads pop up.  There was a time when it was revo were awesome....

It does seem a bit of a biased review to a cetain degree, its certainly not unbiased

Shark/Jabba

Kettle/Black...

:signLOL:

:wink:  :fighting2:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »
Anyone with a Ko4 2.0TFSI is more than welcome to come by and give our Golf R a go (once I get it back from being a loaner, just give us a call or email to insure availability).  Nothing special about the calibration as far as it being on our marketing car, its the same calibration available on our DPP server worldwide.

Cheers!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2012, 01:28:47 pm »
From experience, it used to be APR is awesome, then APR were dropped by Awesome GTI and they pulled out of UK market, all of a sudden APR was hated and overnight 70% of folks became Revo fanboys, now APR are making a comeback it seems logical for those that had it before to go back especcially if APR gives more power (Nopt sure of they do or not), I know when me and my bro both had our 1.8T's re-mapped mine by jabba (and i suppose that means i am a fanboy of theirs as never any issues and cheap compared to revo or APR  :evilgrin:) and my brother by APR, mine gave more power (about 7bhp more) and my brothers gave more torque (about 12Llb/ft), my brother did not take up Awesomes offer of swapping over to Revo as he was happy with APR map.

I prefer not to follow masses and will not go eother Revo or APR and will stick with Jabba as I like their set up and prev results, and exhaust I will be looking at either the BCS Turbo back Epic system or possibly the APR RSC system (NO Milltek for me)  :P

Looking forward to May when i get to Jabba for stage 1, just got to pay for cambelt service before then (I feel happier knowing the cambelt is done before I put another 70bhp through it :happy2:), then saving up for stage 2  :scared:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:31:14 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »
Hi Keith,

Whats different with 3.0 that makes it so much better, and how come it was not done like this in the first place, years ago?

Thanks.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2012, 01:32:14 pm »

From experience, it used to be APR is awesome, then APR were dropped by Awesome GTI and they pulled out of UK market, all of a sudden APR was hated and overnight 70% of folks became Revo fanboys,

That's just complete tosh.  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »

From experience, it used to be APR is awesome, then APR were dropped by Awesome GTI and they pulled out of UK market, all of a sudden APR was hated and overnight 70% of folks became Revo fanboys,

That's just complete tosh.  :happy2:

Nope just my opinion based on what i see on forums, 5 years back it was all APR then they pulled out and it was all Revo from that point on. Look on MK4 forums from 5-6 years back and its all APR, now on this forum its all Revo  :P
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Different
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2012, 01:48:45 pm »
Revo were quite new back then thats why.

APR never pulle out of the market. It was still avalaible from several dealers.

Its just that Revo has had good figures with 2.0T and the word of mouth effect.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »
 :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »
Hi Keith,

Whats different with 3.0 that makes it so much better, and how come it was not done like this in the first place, years ago?

Thanks.

Its a different calibration philosophy for a different market.

We've listened to what the majority of enthusiasts in the UK seem to want and v3.1 provides that.

When its officially released, we will offer the ability to switch between our previous version and v3.1.

There is a very long technical explanation but its kind of a trade secret and definitely too much to type.

For example, we offer two software versions for 2.0 TSI engines as well.  One that works perfectly with the OEM clutch and won't deteriorate the life of it and one that makes as much torque and power as what other tuners offer in the UK market, its called LP3.  Once LP3 is officially released as well, you'll be able to switch between the clutch safe version and LP3.

Options are what we've been told the UK market wants and I'm here to accommodate that.  :drinking:

Still have your Stage III?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:00:13 pm by Keith@APR »

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2012, 02:10:18 pm »
@ Keith:

Have you changed the map so it keeps the Lambda values above 0,80, so the cars won't run out of fuel at app. 5200rpm even with your own upgraded HPFP and the ECU starts reducing boost until it's within 20% of requested value?

I had that proble and you made me a testfile with that specification  :smiley:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.msg301843.html#msg301843

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2012, 02:26:22 pm »
@ Keith:

Have you changed the map so it keeps the Lambda values above 0,80, so the cars won't run out of fuel at app. 5200rpm even with your own upgraded HPFP and the ECU starts reducing boost until it's within 20% of requested value?

Sorta, on the Golf R specifically its different.  For older Audi S3's its different again.  The results are the same but the way to go about it is a little bit different.

On face value all ko4 cars are the same hardware and ecu's but looking into it deeper we've discovered that the software is not the same at all.

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Different
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2012, 02:38:15 pm »

Thanks Keith,

Yes still do, and I underastand there are changes afoot for tha toot, but thats another story...

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2012, 02:51:43 pm »

Thanks Keith,

Yes still do, and I underastand there are changes afoot for tha toot, but thats another story...

I would like to have your car at our facility for a few days if possible.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2012, 03:40:49 pm »
@ Keith:

Sorta, on the Golf R specifically its different.  For older Audi S3's its different again.  The results are the same but the way to go about it is a little bit different.

On face value all ko4 cars are the same hardware and ecu's but looking into it deeper we've discovered that the software is not the same at all.

So a gti with AXX engine code and K04, S3 injectors and your HPFP will still have trouble above 5200rpm getting enough fuel?
Or do i read this wrong?  :drinking:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »
@ Keith:

I had that proble and you made me a testfile with that specification  :smiley:

Sorta, on the Golf R specifically its different.  For older Audi S3's its different again.  The results are the same but the way to go about it is a little bit different.

So a gti with AXX engine code and K04, S3 injectors and your HPFP will still have trouble above 5200rpm getting enough fuel?
Or do i read this wrong?  :drinking:

Its relative to your perspective.  More load (power) requires more fuel than is available at a certain injector on time at a certain lambda that we typically like to calibrate to.  You can either request less load or a different lambda or tell the ecu to not care about the on time necessary to maintain the lambda we want.  Each of those opportunities however has its disadvantages in other areas.  In your specific case, you relayed you were cool with a leaner lambda so that's what we did.  Regarding the Golf R and Audi S3 there are some other methods that allow us to keep lambda where we like and injector on time within its parameters so they are different from your calibration and those options I first mentioned yet again.

It can be confusing and I know most people like to lump them all together but we've found that spending a lot of extra calibration time in several different markets around the world with each specific ECU and engine reiteration provides more opportunity than previously available.

There's also engineering and then marketing so I would prefer not to get into how "other companies" do it as I feel that is somebody's next question.  :wink:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:08:16 pm by Keith@APR »