Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129475 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2012, 11:20:40 pm »
Woah, why am I biased???

Ah cone on pov

Your switching to APR and all of a sudden APR are awesome threads pop up.  There was a time when it was revo were awesome....

It does seem a bit of a biased review to a cetain degree, its certainly not unbiased

Shark/Jabba

Kettle/Black...

:signLOL:

YOu wont get me recommending Shark anymore.  But i see your point.  If REVO were offering a stage 3 hybrid option in the future id have it on my car now, but they werent interested.  APR (tuningwerkes)  didnt seem interesdted in the custom at all, so I left APR.  Jabba seemed to want to work with me so here i am.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:24 pm »
Thanks all.  I'll see what I can do.

I like the OEM strategy personally but we are here for you all.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »
Woah, why am I biased???

Ah cone on pov

Your switching to APR and all of a sudden APR are awesome threads pop up.  There was a time when it was revo were awesome....

It does seem a bit of a biased review to a cetain degree, its certainly not unbiased

Shark/Jabba

Kettle/Black...

:signLOL:

YOu wont get me recommending Shark anymore.  But i see your point.  If REVO were offering a stage 3 hybrid option in the future id have it on my car now, but they werent interested.  APR (tuningwerkes)  didnt seem interesdted in the custom at all, so I left APR.  Jabba seemed to want to work with me so here i am.

Woah, woah...you have a hybrid on your 1.4?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2012, 11:30:20 pm »

:happy2:

I think the problem is a non-linear throttle flatters too much but you feel disappointed when you still have half as much throttle pedal left to go.  :smiley:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tkrbejsmpq29j1e4mvkf4qf21q&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2012, 11:35:39 pm »
A linear throttle pedal would be very useful.

So, should I have this as an option?

Why not? In my honest opinion every tuner should make the throttle map as linear as possible as a standard part of their mapping. The standard throttle map is too aggressive once the engine is mapped. (IMO)

:wink:

Oh hi nik!! ;-)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2012, 11:38:10 pm »

I will be very soon.

Worried ill beat APR Australias attempt to the market with their Polo GTI :P :P Big fan of that car though  :congrats: GUy harding was of more help with 1.4TSI APR questions than the UK APR guys i spoke to

Its not for definite yet, im happy to stick as it is for a bit.  I might throw the cash at the chassis instead.  It bloody needs it more than it does extra power

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=tkrbejsmpq29j1e4mvkf4qf21q&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2012, 11:40:15 pm »

I think the problem is a non-linear throttle flatters too much but you feel disappointed when you still have half as much throttle pedal left to go.  :smiley:

Absolutely Mr Hedge. Revo with the standard throttle map is like an on off switch for the turbo charger.

With linear throttle you can feed in the power more easily. Espcially useful when launching out of the toll booths on the M6 :-)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2012, 11:41:28 pm »
At Mallory with mine in high revs 3rd around gerrards i was having a nightmare with the throttle coming on and off like a switch.  Impossible to modulate it

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »

I will be very soon.

Worried ill beat APR Australias attempt to the market with their Polo GTI :P :P Big fan of that car though  :congrats: GUy harding was of more help with 1.4TSI APR questions than the UK APR guys i spoke to

Its not for definite yet, im happy to stick as it is for a bit.  I might throw the cash at the chassis instead.  It bloody needs it more than it does extra power

We will calibrate it for you as soon as you deliver the car to MK with turbo in hand, install and map FOC with a Golf R as a loaner.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »

Yeah, I feel you.  Makes sense to me.

Btw, is there a direct relationship between the Vulcan and the Eurofighter?

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2012, 11:48:16 pm »
Lol instigators rob? What are you trying to suggest lol?

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to spend than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:58:36 pm by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »

they have wings and were flown by the RAF.  Ends there i think...

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

I will be very soon.

We will calibrate it for you as soon as you deliver the car to MK with turbo in hand, install and map FOC with a Golf R as a loaner.

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT  :innocent: :innocent:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2012, 11:52:36 pm »

they have wings and were flown by the RAF.  Ends there i think...

Philistine.

Vulcan and Eurofighter can trace their roots back through BAE Systems to Avro who made the Vulcan.

Vulcan is awesome to see ( as is the Eurofighter). Make sure you see them whilst here Keith.  :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:07 pm »
Another vote for linear maps here, would make track duty alot easier imo. Its something alot of people wanted over on vagoc but no luck!