Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129436 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »
Personally I would have thought a linear map would be mandatory for the race cars.  :smiley:

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2012, 11:56:15 pm »
Another vote for linear maps here, would make track duty alot easier imo. Its something alot of people wanted over on vagoc but no luck!

I would come back to APR for a linear throttle map  :happy2:
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2012, 11:56:48 pm »

Btw, is there a direct relationship between the Vulcan and the Eurofighter?

they have wings and were flown by the RAF.  Ends there i think...

Philistine.

Vulcan and Eurofighter can trace their roots back through BAE Systems to Avro who made the Vulcan.

Vulcan is awesome to see ( as is the Eurofighter). Make sure you see them whilst here Keith.  :happy2:

Whats louder Ian.  ive heard the Eurofighter and they make tornados seem quiet :scared:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gh8b64o74conam84556htmsf5g&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2012, 11:58:07 pm »
Another vote for linear maps here, would make track duty alot easier imo. Its something alot of people wanted over on vagoc but no luck!

I would come back to APR for a linear throttle map  :happy2:

Why? Revo do them too. So do R-tech.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2012, 11:59:14 pm »
only on the 2.0TFSi though isnt it??

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2012, 12:00:00 am »
Lol instigators rob? What are you trying to suggest lol?

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to buy than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:

I can see that making sense, pretty smart reading between the lines...

But, being one of the main decision makers at APR, I can tell you our original ko4 calibration is what we felt was safe for say a 24 hours endurance race at 320-340bhp and our Stage 3 calibration is/was the same at 380-400bhp.

Our v3.1 for ko4 cars is 360-380bhp, I'll release the final numbers when our maha is in, due to a more aggressive calibration that I wouldn't recommend to someone who races 24 hours.  We are doing the same for our Stage 3 as well so the difference in power output will improve on it accordingly to provide a similar difference in power between the two as before.

It wasn't about protecting sales, it's about protecting turbo's and exhaust valves but since 99% of you won't race 24 hours, we have decided to give the people what they want with an option to choose our standard maps if desired.

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2012, 12:00:30 am »

I would come back to APR for a linear throttle map  :happy2:

Why? Revo do them too. So do R-tech.

They havent been too quick to tell me over the last year or so.  I will have to ask  :happy2:
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2012, 12:04:08 am »

Lmao!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gh8b64o74conam84556htmsf5g&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2012, 12:04:34 am »

Possibly. Not 100%

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2012, 12:05:46 am »

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to buy than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:

But, being one of the main decision makers at APR, I can tell you our original ko4 calibration is what we felt was safe for say a 24 hours endurance race at 320-340bhp and our Stage 3 calibration is/was the same at 380-400bhp.

Our v3.1 for ko4 cars is 360-380bhp, I'll release the final numbers when our maha is in, due to a more aggressive calibration that I wouldn't recommend to someone who races 24 hours.  We are doing the same for our Stage 3 as well so the difference in power output will improve on it accordingly to provide a similar difference in power between the two as before.

It wasn't about protecting sales, it's about protecting turbo's and exhaust valves but since 99% of you won't race 24 hours, we have decided to give the people what they want with an option to choose our standard maps if desired.

I thought that would of been obvious years ago since your 'bread and butter' was not going to live on the race track.  Good to see your listening.  Or you have new programers who are better than the last  :smiley:
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2012, 12:08:10 am »

Philistine.

Vulcan and Eurofighter can trace their roots back through BAE Systems to Avro who made the Vulcan.

Vulcan is awesome to see ( as is the Eurofighter). Make sure you see them whilst here Keith.  :happy2:

For sure!  I love the technology in the Eurofighter, too bad us 'mericans didn't make it as there would be thousands of them on our bases, seems to best our jets hands down from what I've seen.

Was wondering if the Vulcan suffered the same unfortunate fate, it's not been publicized in the states as much as the EF so I'm ignorant about it.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2012, 12:08:42 am »

Correct, they dont have linear throttle maps for the rest of the range.

R-tech build in launch control and flat shifitng in their 1.8T maps apparently at request also, wouldnt mind seeing those in action one day!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2012, 12:13:15 am »

I thought that would of been obvious years ago since your 'bread and butter' was not going to live on the race track.  Good to see your listening.  Or you have new programers who are better than the last  :smiley:

Meh, we are racers first and foremost, not profiteers, been that way since day one.

Same calibrators, better at listening to you guys is all.   :drinking:

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2012, 12:18:19 am »

Meh, we are racers first and foremost, not profiteers, been that way since day one.

Same calibrators, better at listening to you guys is all.   :drinking:

Proof is in the pudding,  you should remap my car to your new file FOC  :grin:
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2012, 12:21:55 am »
Keith would it be sensible to have the v2.2 in place of valet mode for a 'safer' daily setup offering longevity and the v3.1 for fun and track days? Or have I miss understood?

Also is stock mode the latest version of the OEM map or an Apr version of stock

Thanks  :drinking: