Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129498 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2012, 12:22:31 am »
Whats louder Ian.  ive heard the Eurofighter and they make tornados seem quiet :scared:

Eurofighter and Tornado are both louder however the Vulcan makes such a sweet howl there can be no comparison.

Excuse shameless video whoring.  :wink:

Vulcan.  :love:

Tornado

Typhoon (Eurofighter)

Just in case you want some familiar ground.

:signLOL:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2012, 12:24:51 am »
For sure!  I love the technology in the Eurofighter, too bad us 'mericans didn't make it as there would be thousands of them on our bases, seems to best our jets hands down from what I've seen.

Was wondering if the Vulcan suffered the same unfortunate fate, it's not been publicized in the states as much as the EF so I'm ignorant about it.

I think your latest fighters can show the Typhoon a clean pair of heels as it's quite an old design now Keith.  :sad1:

The Vulcan still lives though.  :happy2:

Got a spare £300,000  :ashamed:
http://www.vulcantothesky.org/

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2012, 12:29:55 am »
Lol instigators rob? What are you trying to suggest lol?

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to buy than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:

I can see that making sense, pretty smart reading between the lines...

But, being one of the main decision makers at APR, I can tell you our original ko4 calibration is what we felt was safe for say a 24 hours endurance race at 320-340bhp and our Stage 3 calibration is/was the same at 380-400bhp.

Our v3.1 for ko4 cars is 360-380bhp, I'll release the final numbers when our maha is in, due to a more aggressive calibration that I wouldn't recommend to someone who races 24 hours.  We are doing the same for our Stage 3 as well so the difference in power output will improve on it accordingly to provide a similar difference in power between the two as before.

It wasn't about protecting sales, it's about protecting turbo's and exhaust valves but since 99% of you won't race 24 hours, we have decided to give the people what they want with an option to choose our standard maps if desired.

I thought that would of been obvious years ago since your 'bread and butter' was not going to live on the race track.  Good to see your listening.  Or you have new programers who are better than the last  :smiley:

Meh, we are racers first and foremost, not profiteers, been that way since day one.

Same calibrators, better at listening to you guys is all.   :drinking:

Proof is in the pudding,  you should remap my car to your new file FOC  :grin:

Who is your closest APR dealer?  www.goapr.co.uk

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2012, 12:33:54 am »
My nearest APR dealer is JBS.....

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2012, 12:38:02 am »
I'm wondering whether to get my 30 day money back guarantee on my revo map now :laugh:
My APR HPFP pump just arrived today aswell. got it  £230 cheaper than APR Uk aswell :stupid:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:39:54 am by heavyd »

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2012, 12:39:18 am »
Keith would it be sensible to have the v2.2 in place of valet mode for a 'safer' daily setup offering longevity and the v3.1 for fun and track days? Or have I miss understood?

Also is stock mode the latest version of the OEM map or an Apr version of stock

Thanks  :drinking:

Vice versa.

V3.1 for daily driving, 1/4 mile, street races, v-box times, etc.  v2.2 for sustained, long term WOT like on a road course or autobahn, circuit, endurance racing, etc.

However, I've beat my Golf R to death on the nurburgring and autobahn with no issues but to be safe, use v2.2 for that.

We are in the process of compiling v2.2 and v3.1 so you can switch between the two.  Give me some time and it will be ready.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2012, 12:39:37 am »
I'm wondering whether to get my 30 day money back guarantee on my revo map now :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2012, 12:40:18 am »

please do it.  I would honestly cry with laughter.  You are THE ONLY person who can categorically compare all the TFSI maps.  

For the greater good of this forum do it

Im going subliminal again.....

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2012, 12:40:32 am »
Lol instigators rob? What are you trying to suggest lol?

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to buy than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:

I can see that making sense, pretty smart reading between the lines...

But, being one of the main decision makers at APR, I can tell you our original ko4 calibration is what we felt was safe for say a 24 hours endurance race at 320-340bhp and our Stage 3 calibration is/was the same at 380-400bhp.

Our v3.1 for ko4 cars is 360-380bhp, I'll release the final numbers when our maha is in, due to a more aggressive calibration that I wouldn't recommend to someone who races 24 hours.  We are doing the same for our Stage 3 as well so the difference in power output will improve on it accordingly to provide a similar difference in power between the two as before.

It wasn't about protecting sales, it's about protecting turbo's and exhaust valves but since 99% of you won't race 24 hours, we have decided to give the people what they want with an option to choose our standard maps if desired.

I thought that would of been obvious years ago since your 'bread and butter' was not going to live on the race track.  Good to see your listening.  Or you have new programers who are better than the last  :smiley:

Meh, we are racers first and foremost, not profiteers, been that way since day one.

Same calibrators, better at listening to you guys is all.   :drinking:

Proof is in the pudding,  you should remap my car to your new file FOC  :grin:

Who is your closest APR dealer?  www.goapr.co.uk
I would go to PSItuning as JBS might try to sell me a Chinese turbo :grin:
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2012, 12:41:13 am »

please do it.  I would honestly cry with laughter.  You are THE ONLY person who can categorically compare all the TFSI maps.  

For the greater good of this forum do it

Im going subliminal again.....

Behave with those pictures, they nearly worked the last time :signLOL:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2012, 12:42:25 am »
ill try

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2012, 12:44:38 am »
please do it.  I would honestly cry with laughter.  You are THE ONLY person who can categorically compare all the TFSI maps. 

Wouldn't you need to fook the cam timing up to compare them accurately.  :wink:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2012, 12:45:15 am »
Whats louder Ian.  ive heard the Eurofighter and they make tornados seem quiet :scared:

I'm sold.  See you at the next air show!  IMPRESSIVE

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2012, 12:47:07 am »

Wouldn't you need to fook the cam timing up to compare them accurately.  :wink:

I'll have to put an old map on to kill the engine again if thast the case :laugh: ONLY JOKING!
My car is running perfectly now I'll have you know :fighting:
175 miles to PSI and 130 miles to JKM :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2012, 12:50:03 am »

Wouldn't you need to fook the cam timing up to compare them accurately.  :wink:

I'll have to put an old map on to kill the engine again if thast the case :laugh: ONLY JOKING!
My car is running perfectly now I'll have you know :fighting:

Lol.

Ive changed my sig in dedication to the cause