Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129421 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2012, 12:52:57 am »
Keith would it be sensible to have the v2.2 in place of valet mode for a 'safer' daily setup offering longevity and the v3.1 for fun and track days? Or have I miss understood?

Also is stock mode the latest version of the OEM map or an Apr version of stock

Thanks  :drinking:

Vice versa.

V3.1 for daily driving, 1/4 mile, street races, v-box times, etc.  v2.2 for sustained, long term WOT like on a road course or autobahn, circuit, endurance racing, etc.

However, I've beat my Golf R to death on the nurburgring and autobahn with no issues but to be safe, use v2.2 for that.

We are in the process of compiling v2.2 and v3.1 so you can switch between the two.  Give me some time and it will be ready.

Thanks again. I'll keep my eyes peeled. In the mean time I'll go and have fun with 3.1  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2012, 12:53:26 am »
I'll have to put an old map on to kill the engine again if thast the case :laugh: ONLY JOKING!
My car is running perfectly now I'll have you know :fighting:
175 miles to PSI and 130 miles to JKM :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:

I am so pleased for you.  :happy2:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2012, 12:53:29 am »
I dont think I'd have the nerve to get another refund, it was exactly a year ago I got money back off the revo stage 2+ that didnt work :ashamed:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2012, 12:54:49 am »

Also is stock mode the latest version of the OEM map or an Apr version of stock

Thanks  :drinking:

Sorry, our stock mode is 100% the OEM version you had when you came to us or the OEM version for your ECU part number and software version if you were flashed in the aftermarket prior to.

We hold the patent on being able to completely rewrite the ecu internally with complete binaries for each map selected by you when you choose it with the cruise control.

We store the binaries in unused memory locations inside the ecu.  This means when you change programs we rewrite the entire 2mb binary with a new binary than was previously selected as opposed to only portions of the binary as other tuners must do.  The only difference between your APR stock mode and the OEM binary is that you have binaries and internal flashing architecture in memory sectors of the ecu that were present but unused in the OEM binary.  This is completely undetectable to OEM dealerships as well.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2012, 01:02:50 am »
Lol instigators rob? What are you trying to suggest lol?

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to buy than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:

I can see that making sense, pretty smart reading between the lines...

But, being one of the main decision makers at APR, I can tell you our original ko4 calibration is what we felt was safe for say a 24 hours endurance race at 320-340bhp and our Stage 3 calibration is/was the same at 380-400bhp.

Our v3.1 for ko4 cars is 360-380bhp, I'll release the final numbers when our maha is in, due to a more aggressive calibration that I wouldn't recommend to someone who races 24 hours.  We are doing the same for our Stage 3 as well so the difference in power output will improve on it accordingly to provide a similar difference in power between the two as before.

It wasn't about protecting sales, it's about protecting turbo's and exhaust valves but since 99% of you won't race 24 hours, we have decided to give the people what they want with an option to choose our standard maps if desired.

I thought that would of been obvious years ago since your 'bread and butter' was not going to live on the race track.  Good to see your listening.  Or you have new programers who are better than the last  :smiley:

Meh, we are racers first and foremost, not profiteers, been that way since day one.

Same calibrators, better at listening to you guys is all.   :drinking:

Proof is in the pudding,  you should remap my car to your new file FOC  :grin:

Who is your closest APR dealer?  www.goapr.co.uk
I would go to PSItuning as JBS might try to sell me a Chinese turbo :grin:

K, send psi or Jbs an email referencing this thread and when they contact me I'll give them a promo code that allows them to flash you FOC.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2012, 01:48:20 am »
My nearest APR dealer is JBS.....

If you come see me in MK, I have a new 1.4 calibration I would like to try on your car, FOC, but I don't know the power figures yet, just that it was putting bus lengths on competitor cars during testing.  :evilgrin:

After that, you may or may not still want that hybrid and if you choose yes, my offer still stands.

Good night to anyone still awake.  :drinking:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2012, 09:34:40 am »
If you come see me in MK, I have a new 1.4 calibration I would like to try on your car, FOC, but I don't know the power figures yet, just that it was putting bus lengths on competitor cars during testing.  :evilgrin:

After that, you may or may not still want that hybrid and if you choose yes, my offer still stands.

keith keith keith keith

your killing me here.  APR was the hot contender for my original remap, i then looked at changing the map after shark performance did it, and again APR were the hot contenders, and YESTERDAY I had my second Remap installed by Jabbasport and its very good :grin: 

But yours is adjustable on the cruise stalk arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Im turning into heavyD :grin:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2012, 09:50:28 am »

keith keith keith keith

your killing me here.  APR was the hot contender for my original remap, i then looked at changing the map after shark performance did it, and again APR were the hot contenders, and YESTERDAY I had my second Remap installed by Jabbasport and its very good :grin: 

:grin:

We all go into this modding lark with the idea of planning properly not to spend money twice.

I am a twat for it  :ashamed:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2012, 09:57:04 am »
@ Keith

Seeing here you seem determined to do some good PR, would you possibly reconsider the RMA on my APR RSC with corrosion scars on the tips that your company first told me i would get a replacement part then told me to polish it away  :stupid:

Cheers,

Jake

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2012, 09:58:19 am »
Blimey!  a lot of APR love, when there was such hate...........................Why?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2012, 10:08:41 am »
I know mate.  If this had been a few days earlier i would have saved ALOT of money.  In fact that money would have paid for the turbo to be hybridized :sad1:

BUT  APR already have a kit in development with the hybrid/intake piping/software so they are ahead of everyone else there......

Blimey!  a lot of APR love, when there was such hate...........................Why?

Even in my build threadf it said i wanted to go APR first, but shark made a better offer.  Then when i changed APR again was the main choicei wanted but tuningwerkes were useless.  I then had a custom remap by jabba and that night this offer comes up :fighting:  Gutted

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2012, 10:29:43 am »

keith keith keith keith

Digressing SY, but what made you ditch the Shark map?

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2012, 10:32:52 am »
Blimey!  a lot of APR love, when there was such hate...........................Why?

No hate from me.  :innocent:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2012, 10:33:44 am »
The fact that it requested over 2.2 Bar of boost (3.2 Bar absolute pressure) the whole rev range when the maximum the turbo can achieve is 1.6Bar (2.6Bar absolute) which coincidentally was what my turbo was making whilst working flat out to achieve a boost pressure that is unattainable.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:38 am »
Lol instigators rob? What are you trying to suggest lol?

Well we all remember the handbags that went on here a few years ago towards APR and the "video" and now these people are working with APR :signLOL:

Revo instigators now turned APR instigators although the reasons behind this im not aware of :popcornsoda:

I wonder what Jonnyc will say about that video now........ :grin: Still fake and he was right or its real and he was wrong

Ask him.  He is a stand up guy.  We've all put our trust in the wrong hands before to be let down in the long run at some point or another in our lives.

If anything, he should get mad respect for being an early adopter and having the gumption to keep searching for the best.

Just for the record I didnt think the video was fake,  I just find the whole Revo, APR, GIAC and Superchips threads quite amusing.  All the companys are just brand names, it really does depends how good their employes are at there job,  IE Software programers, exhaust designers and so on.  All companys have staff turn over and things can change.  All it needs in any of the above companys is their main programers/designers to leave and their next map not to be up to scratch.  
As you can see by my sig below, I run APR hardware and REVO software.  The reason for REVO software is because my local dearler changed and I wanted the best support for my car. I was running APR software with no problems until this point.  I also stated in a threat quite some time ago that I thought APR had the best K03 software and REVO the best K04 software, the reason behind this was that I thought APR was 'backing off' so to speak their K04 file to protect their Stage III package.  Just my personal thought and I still believe this today.  The new figure that have been quoted of 380bhp at the flywheel for the Golf R (Ko4) isnt that far behind the quoted figures for APR's stage III package (GT2871) which is a lot more money to buy than going the K04 route.  Thats just business though.  :happy2:

I can see that making sense, pretty smart reading between the lines...

But, being one of the main decision makers at APR, I can tell you our original ko4 calibration is what we felt was safe for say a 24 hours endurance race at 320-340bhp and our Stage 3 calibration is/was the same at 380-400bhp.

Our v3.1 for ko4 cars is 360-380bhp, I'll release the final numbers when our maha is in, due to a more aggressive calibration that I wouldn't recommend to someone who races 24 hours.  We are doing the same for our Stage 3 as well so the difference in power output will improve on it accordingly to provide a similar difference in power between the two as before.

It wasn't about protecting sales, it's about protecting turbo's and exhaust valves but since 99% of you won't race 24 hours, we have decided to give the people what they want with an option to choose our standard maps if desired.

I thought that would of been obvious years ago since your 'bread and butter' was not going to live on the race track.  Good to see your listening.  Or you have new programers who are better than the last  :smiley:

Meh, we are racers first and foremost, not profiteers, been that way since day one.

Same calibrators, better at listening to you guys is all.   :drinking:

Proof is in the pudding,  you should remap my car to your new file FOC  :grin:

Who is your closest APR dealer?  www.goapr.co.uk
I would go to PSItuning as JBS might try to sell me a Chinese turbo :grin:

K, send psi or Jbs an email referencing this thread and when they contact me I'll give them a promo code that allows them to flash you FOC.

So Keith yesterday you tell me you can do nothing for a   ex Apr customer but today you can give free maps out to another  :surprised:
Sounds like desperation!!

I would say our customer service philosophy is just a little different than most UK companies.

What about APR Customers who had there map taken off because they weren't happy with it, and couldn't  get APR to respond to emails  about there issues ?

I can only focus on the present and future.  APR Motorsport, LTD is here to insure that NEVER happens again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:46:58 am by yin »