Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129450 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »
wow im quite intrested in goin 4 a spin in this R 2 c wot APR is like compared 2 my revo as currently lookin at goin from stage 2 to 2+ so this may be wot im after  :evilgrin:

Totally different car to yours so it wouldn't be a like for like comparison.

Jeeeees... This APR 'instant hype' is crazy!!

World domination*!!

*so long as no engines go bang  :driver:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »
Whos going to start up the 'mk5gti APR appreciation facebook page?'

I do like APR's attitude to ownership of the map, means that you can buy APR, go try all of the others and then back to APR for a reflash.

If prices were a little more appealing and profit margins were larger for dealers  I think they could do well.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2012, 06:03:48 pm »
 Should do a ED35 demo with the same stuff as on the demo R.

Way more 2WD owners out there than 4WD then you can make a proper judgement for jumping ship or not.

Still wouldn't mind a go in the Golf R to see how it goes!  :driver:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:05:20 pm by chungster »

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »

So Keith yesterday you tell me you can do nothing for a   ex Apr customer but today you can give free maps out to another  :surprised:

I think I misunderstood you, my apologies.

If you mean you want APR back on the same car you had it on before, but you flashed over it with a competitor than you still own the APR and all you have to do is schedule an appointment with an APR dealer to have the latest and greatest installed FOC.  The dealer may charge labor but that's it!

I thought you meant what about the unanswered emails.

Thanks Keith will be in touch waiting on the reviews of the latest update .Your Head Office would be my nearest :happy2:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »

I do like APR's attitude to ownership of the map, means that you can buy APR, go try all of the others and then back to APR for a reflash.
Don't think there's much need as there's only tfsi mike do far :signLOL:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2012, 06:23:51 pm »

Don't think there's much need as there's only tfsi mike do far :signLOL:

My own group woo!

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2012, 06:41:36 pm »
wow im quite intrested in goin 4 a spin in this R 2 c wot APR is like compared 2 my revo as currently lookin at goin from stage 2 to 2+ so this may be wot im after  :evilgrin:

Totally different car to yours so it wouldn't be a like for like comparison.

Jeeeees... This APR 'instant hype' is crazy!!

I know that rich jus a good excuse 2 take that Golf R for a good blast tho  :evilgrin:

thing is its pointless 4me even in mikes car coz he has loads of completely different mods 2mine anyway  :P

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2012, 07:02:54 pm »
@ Keith

Seeing here you seem determined to do some good PR, would you possibly reconsider the RMA on my APR RSC with corrosion scars on the tips that your company first told me i would get a replacement part then told me to polish it away  :stupid:

Cheers,

Jake

Could you send me some pics?  klucas@goapr.com

Its low carbon US stainless steel so its supposed to be impervious to rust and sometimes I've seen surface corrosion from carbon build up that removes with polishing that isn't technically rusting of the metal itself.

I'll take care of it either way for you.  I'm pretty sure I can remove it for you with polish but since its difficult for you to get to me and vice versa, I will consider replacing the rear section for you after I see the pics.

Sorry for the hassle as I'm sure you've sent pics of it before but I don't have access to them from the UK.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:17 pm »
For me to be like Dom I need the same map twice.  I'm not planning on going back to shark lol

Just waiting on a come back from keith@APR

You have some catching up to do!
Superchips stage 1
superchips stage 2
superchips stage 3 (3 revisions)
revo stage 2+
PDtuning stage 2
Shark stage 3 ( 7 revisions)
Shark stage 1
Pdtuning stage 2
Revo stage 2

comins soon Revo stage 2+

Beat that :popcornsoda:

Well, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try us then.

If you want to try our map before the Revo S2+, you won't have to pay anything unless you want to keep it and then I'll only charge the 50GBP Revo upgrade price.

FWIW, when you buy any Stage 1,2 or 2+ APR software at offered price, upgrades or downgrades to Stage 1,2 or 2+ are free.  You only have to pay for software again if you go ko4 with someone else's hardware kit besides ours.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »

Schedule in an appointment for a test drive!  www.goapr.co.uk

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2012, 07:13:39 pm »
For me to be like Dom I need the same map twice.  I'm not planning on going back to shark lol

Superchips stage 1
superchips stage 2
revo stage 2+
PDtuning stage 2
Shark stage 1
Pdtuning stage 2
Revo stage 2

If you want to try our map before the Revo S2+, you won't have to pay anything unless you want to keep it and then I'll only charge the 50GBP Revo upgrade price.

FWIW, when you buy any Stage 1,2 or 2+ APR software at offered price, upgrades or downgrades to Stage 1,2 or 2+ are free.  You only have to pay for software again if you go ko4 with someone else's hardware kit besides ours.

So if a customer of yours buys stage 1 software and then want to go stage 2+ they dont need to pay any upgrade costs?

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »

Superchips stage 1
superchips stage 2
revo stage 2+
PDtuning stage 2
Shark stage 1
Pdtuning stage 2
Revo stage 2

So if a customer of yours buys stage 1 software and then want to go stage 2+ they dont need to pay any upgrade costs?

Sounds that way.  Just a labour charge for the time to flash?

No setup work to do on the Apr stuff is there?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2012, 07:22:34 pm »

If prices were a little more appealing and profit margins were larger for dealers  I think they could do well.

Retail is where its at because its quality and we spend more resources on our development than most.

Margin is where it is because our retail price is our real price.  You wouldn't be able to participate in price wars across the UK in order to win business away from other APR dealers.

We believe in a local support philosophy where pricing is the same at all APR dealers and those dealers focus on providing the best service possible to their local communities.

Price wars create a race to the bottom where eventually everyone suffers as the guy that sits in the basement of his parents' house doesn't have a proper workshop with proper resources and tools to pay for and is happy making slim margins as he only has to support himself.  This will eventually ruin the customer service and warranty support for our clients.  We like our dealers to be able to do an honest business and fill their facilities with the best technicians and best tools that aid in the best results.  This then eventually trickles up to the manufacturers who have to move manufacturing to China or similar, reduce overall quality or hire cheaper labor.  APR is full of engineering boffins that command higher salaries and produce what are better results in my opinion.

Cheap remaps for all will result in all companies becoming a Man in a Van as I think you guys call it over here as opposed to a proper R&D center.  It also makes it more difficult for these companies to properly take care of clients when something does go wrong as every quid is tight and the resources for speedy resolutions or even resolutions at all aren't available.

Its why most tuners over here have "never" made a mistake and anything that goes wrong is always blamed on something else like a bad tank of gas or a weak OEM part.

We've made mistakes, sure, we are human, but when we do, we compensate our clients and make them whole again.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:29:39 pm by Keith@APR »

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2012, 07:24:53 pm »
Should do a ED35 demo with the same stuff as on the demo R.

Way more 2WD owners out there than 4WD then you can make a proper judgement for jumping ship or not.

Still wouldn't mind a go in the Golf R to see how it goes!  :driver:

Ugh, but we have a 2.0 TSI Rocco (VWR's) and Golf R currently.

I wanted a 1.4 TSI A1 next.  :happy2:

Maybe there is an enthusiast in close proximity to APR in MK with a 35 that would like to be our demo car?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:35:43 pm by Keith@APR »

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

Superchips stage 1
superchips stage 2
revo stage 2+
PDtuning stage 2
Shark stage 1
Pdtuning stage 2
Revo stage 2

Exactly!