Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129445 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2012, 08:13:05 pm »
I do believe ill be receiving it from you pov.  t

I do forsee a massive issue.  

You get out the 380Hp golf R into a 420hp TTRS.

ill get out the 380hp Golf R into a 220hp vRS......

@ Keith

Did someone say turbo!!!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »
Should do a ED35 demo with the same stuff as on the demo R.

Way more 2WD owners out there than 4WD then you can make a proper judgement for jumping ship or not.

Still wouldn't mind a go in the Golf R to see how it goes!  :driver:

Ugh, but we have a 2.0 TSI Rocco (VWR's) and Golf R currently.

I wanted a 1.4 TSI A1 next.  :happy2:

Maybe there is an enthusiast in close proximity to APR in MK with a 35 that would like to be our demo car?

I might just know someone who may be interested!!!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2012, 08:13:47 pm »
I have to give the Golf R back  :sad1:

But I have some APR 2.5TFSI goodness to look forward to!  :jumping:

Yeah man!  JC says it feels good.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »
I have to give the Golf R back  :sad1:

But I have some APR 2.5TFSI goodness to look forward to!  :jumping:

Yeah man!  JC says it feels good.

He keeps teasing me telling me how quick it is lol. Chomping at the bit to have a go now!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2012, 08:25:23 pm »
1.4TSI hybrid is here already

http://www.loba-motorsport.com/en/home/news/new-product---lo270-for-vag-14-tsi

270PS, they are looking for a UK based guinea pig....Be interesting to see what APR could do with it.

Loba are the go to people for all things RS4 evidently, MRC use their turbos, Unit 20 etc etc, they also originated the TTRS hybrid that Revo were tryingto get to 500 BHP

I know Simon at Loba quite well let me know if you need an introduction!.

Very stand up company by all accounts

If Sy is willing for his car to be used I will do the install and calibration FOC.

If Loba can supply the volumes APR would need, the quality and pricing is there, we are game.

Sounds like I need a trip to Germany?  Can't say I know much about them.  I think Arin@APR has spoken with someone from there before.

Ahhh now maybe Loba will make us that TTRS clutch that JC and myself are after. OEM turbo guys want it too!

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:34 pm »

270PS, they are looking for a UK based guinea pig....Be interesting to see what APR could do with it.

Loba are the go to people for all things RS4 evidently, MRC use their turbos, Unit 20 etc etc, they also originated the TTRS hybrid that Revo were tryingto get to 500 BHP

If Sy is willing for his car to be used I will do the install and calibration FOC.

If Loba can supply the volumes APR would need, the quality and pricing is there, we are game.

Sounds like I need a trip to Germany?  Can't say I know much about them.  I think Arin@APR has spoken with someone from there before.

With the greatest of respect to them I think they're more embroiled on the technical development side rather than promoting themselves (rather than the other way around) they have also had some issues with a lot of their technical work being plagiarised by others.

I'll point this thread out to Simon who is in effect Loba Uk, be good to get a dialogue underway

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »
Oh yeah I saw that some so called "respectable" tuners copying Loba's hard work, they still couldnt match the quality though!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2012, 08:39:18 pm »

With the greatest of respect to them I think they're more embroiled on the technical development side rather than promoting themselves (rather than the other way around) they have also had some issues with a lot of their technical work being plagiarised by others.

I'll point this thread out to Simon who is in effect Loba Uk, be good to get a dialogue underway

Sounds good, thank you.  FWIW, we will sign non disclosure and non compete agreements so their IP and hard work can remain protected.

APR currently doesn't have the equipment required for modifying turbos so we have no interest in being in that business ourselves.  Center section balancers, hot gas flow benches, etc. are very expensive machines.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2012, 09:15:11 pm »
I've emailed Simon.

Hopefully he'll be along shortly, I mentioned on the other " let's talk hybrids" thread that Loba only rate their KO4 Hybrid for 380PS, some are claiming that for a stage 2+ OEM KO4!

Refreshing they don't get into the pissing contest others do...

Maybe the powers the same but delivery is different

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2012, 09:17:19 pm »
ive already passed on keiths email to Si.  I had mailed him on vagoc o ask for compressor maps for the Loba270 for mine

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2012, 09:24:27 pm »
Cheap Remaps for Revo Customers..............

For anyone that has never owned APR but has a competitor's software now, I'll do 300 quid.  If its Revo, I'll do 250.  :innocent:

Cheap remaps for all will result in all companies becoming a Man in a Van as I think you guys call it over here as opposed to a proper R&D center.  It also makes it more difficult for these companies to properly take care of clients when something does go wrong as every quid is tight and the resources for speedy resolutions or even resolutions at all aren't available.

Genuinely not sure I understand.   :confused:

Offline micky 32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2012, 09:25:49 pm »
Has the Golf R a bigger KO4 turbo or something, how are they getting 50bhp more than the older engines like in the ED30 , S3 etc
2008 Octavia vRS K04'd , Forge twintercooler, Evoms, Autotech uprated pump, full Milltek exhaust 324bhp on JKM's rollers ;-)

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2012, 09:30:58 pm »
I've emailed Simon.

Hopefully he'll be along shortly, I mentioned on the other " let's talk hybrids" thread that Loba only rate their KO4 Hybrid for 380PS, some are claiming that for a stage 2+ OEM KO4!

Refreshing they don't get into the pissing contest others do...

Maybe the powers the same but delivery is different

It really depends on how they arrive at their ratings.  There are sooo many variables across different dyno's, calibrations, supporting hardware, etc. that as a turbo manufacturer its difficult to claim an ultimate power level that everyone can expect to recreate.  I assume they tend to stay on the conservative side as we do in order to not disappoint.

We have tons of experience with Garrett/Honeywell and Borg Warner turbos and find that we can typically achieve more than their ratings.  We package these up into APR kits and the power responsibility becomes ours at that point leaving the turbo manufacturer without concern for recourse if it isn't achieved.

Exhaust Gas Temperature specs are extremely important to us and we tend to adhere to them more than others so warranty concerns for premature failures tend to become non-existant.

APR is unique to most as we control both ends of the spectrum and won't leave hardware manufacturers that we choose to do business with holding the bag.  The clients call us and we suffer the burden of recreating our power figures.

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2012, 09:44:24 pm »
@ Keith

Seeing here you seem determined to do some good PR, would you possibly reconsider the RMA on my APR RSC with corrosion scars on the tips that your company first told me i would get a replacement part then told me to polish it away  :stupid:

Cheers,

Jake

Could you send me some pics?  klucas@goapr.com

Its low carbon US stainless steel so its supposed to be impervious to rust and sometimes I've seen surface corrosion from carbon build up that removes with polishing that isn't technically rusting of the metal itself.

I'll take care of it either way for you.  I'm pretty sure I can remove it for you with polish but since its difficult for you to get to me and vice versa, I will consider replacing the rear section for you after I see the pics.

Sorry for the hassle as I'm sure you've sent pics of it before but I don't have access to them from the UK.

Mail sent, thx again for your time  :drinking:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2012, 09:50:46 pm »
Cheap Remaps for Revo Customers..............

For anyone that has never owned APR but has a competitor's software now, I'll do 300 quid.  If its Revo, I'll do 250.  :innocent:

Cheap remaps for all will result in all companies becoming a Man in a Van as I think you guys call it over here as opposed to a proper R&D center.  It also makes it more difficult for these companies to properly take care of clients when something does go wrong as every quid is tight and the resources for speedy resolutions or even resolutions at all aren't available.

Genuinely not sure I understand.   :confused:

haha, I see your point.

However, the distinction in this case is that we would expect to not see that business at all as most should be happy with their current choice.  We feel our maps are something you buy once and don't have to keep jumping around spending 500 quid a time to find what's best for you (although I'll admit prior to my arrival here some of you didn't feel that way about our products).

Reduced pricing strategy to those who have already spent their hard earned money on a competitor's product in order to help them afford to purchase our brand is a good way to reintroduce ourselves into the market.

Our standard retail pricing will always remain solid as we don't feel the lowest price is a good reason to purchase a product.

On face value, as you've pointed out, it seems to be contradictory but its two different markets.  Those who already have a remap shouldn't be coming to see us and those who haven't purchased a remap should be comfortable knowing there is additional quality in APR products to justify the additional price.

Its similar to the same reasons I've offered HeavyD a free remap.  It helps APR by having a trusted and experienced enthusiast happy with our products (hopefully) and helps the community make better informed decisions on what to buy.

I don't think I would ever expect someone to pay for mapping twice but if they decide to, I feel like I should help them out.