Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129506 times)

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2012, 09:56:35 pm »
Has the Golf R a bigger KO4 turbo or something, how are they getting 50bhp more than the older engines like in the ED30 , S3 etc

Do you mean my Golf R?

The additional power comes from a new version of our mapping and supporting mods which are available to all Ko4 engines so they should expect similar results.

Also, the final power figures have not been established, 380bhp is an estimate made by those that are experienced with various ko4 cars and from the results of side by side acceleration testing with ko4 cars equipped with competitor's products.

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2012, 10:02:09 pm »
When's the MAHA Dyno going in? Think a forum RR Day there might be on the cards!!

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2012, 10:28:04 pm »
When's the MAHA Dyno going in? Think a forum RR Day there might be on the cards!!

Hopefully, hopefully, by the middle of March.

Offline cheungy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • "GO APR!"
    • SeatCupra.net
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2012, 10:30:35 pm »
pm sent - Interested...  :evilgrin:
MK2 PRE-FL SEAT LEON TFSI SPORT - APR K04

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2012, 11:55:45 pm »
Very interesting thread this.

I wonder how many on here will be tempted to change from Revo to new and improved APR.

The comments from APR Keith all seem very genuine and seems to indicate a very high level of passion, knowledge and customer service, Which is good to hear. There's definitely another option for mapping these days it seems.

BTW Currently running Revo St2+, to be honest still getting used to it even though it's been on the car for about 8 weeks.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2012, 12:09:13 am »
Very interesting thread this.

I wonder how many on here will be tempted to change from Revo to new and improved APR.

The comments from APR Keith all seem very genuine and seems to indicate a very high level of passion, knowledge and customer service, Which is good to hear. There's definitely another option for mapping these days it seems.

BTW Currently running Revo St2+, to be honest still getting used to it even though it's been on the car for about 8 weeks.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm happy to be able to provide the same service and dedication we provide back home in the states.

My lady and I are also enjoying the UK and Europe very much.  Thanks to all who have made us feel welcome.  Its been hard leaving family and friends behind but we are quickly making new ones.   :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2012, 12:14:36 am »
Keith

What is the deal with APR  uk now.  Are you moving here permenantly to run it, or are you here short term?   Isit largely motorsport ie vw raving based etc?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2012, 12:34:15 am »
To be honest Vw racings site is perfect for these guys to open up shop as I think It could be made into a very nice place with the rolling road and I know Mat was looking at having a rr years ago when he left his last job. I wish you big success over in the uk and don't worry Mat and Sam will look after you while you in the uk. Will have to come down and see the new set up

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2012, 12:47:54 am »
Matt

That might well be the case, but I hope APR dont dilute what seems like them revisiting previous customer services with racing lines efforts....

If I had a pound for every time I heard "keep trying - they're really busy with the race side and testing" i'd be browsing RS246.com and not here

A little cross polination would be good but they need to stay very much seperate

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2012, 12:52:28 am »
Keith

What is the deal with APR  uk now.  Are you moving here permenantly to run it, or are you here short term?   Isit largely motorsport ie vw raving based etc?

I am here permanently.

VWR has been gracious enough to allow us into their facility.  There are quite a lot of synergies between us so it works out well.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2012, 12:52:37 am »
Only time and effort will prove things Dave. I have had apr products and maps in the past so I am holding back judgement until I have been down to Vwr and spent some time seeing how things work on site.

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2012, 12:53:58 am »
To be honest Vw racings site is perfect for these guys to open up shop as I think It could be made into a very nice place with the rolling road and I know Mat was looking at having a rr years ago when he left his last job. I wish you big success over in the uk and don't worry Mat and Sam will look after you while you in the uk. Will have to come down and see the new set up

Thank you so much!  Matt and Sam are absolutely great.  I don't know if we could have found a better organization to partner with.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2012, 12:56:43 am »
Matt

That might well be the case, but I hope APR dont dilute what seems like them revisiting previous customer services with racing lines efforts....

If I had a pound for every time I heard "keep trying - they're really busy with the race side and testing" i'd be browsing RS246.com and not here

A little cross polination would be good but they need to stay very much seperate

We operate independently and will stay that way.  APR has its focus which is the enthusiast community whilst VWR maintains their focus on racing and developing their product line.

We share a few resources as far as equipment and relationships but their staff is their staff and APR Motorsport, LTD has its own as well.

Both of us have a desire to grow but VWR will always maintain their core fundamentals which are different from APR's.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2012, 12:57:55 am »
Firstly this isnt a dig at APR but why would someone running Revo stage 2+ pay £250 just to go APR :confused:

Revo hasnt suddenly started making sh*t maps overnight especially not on the 2.0tfsi, imo if you have Revo of any stage and you change to APR, your a moron and simply jumping on the band waggon at a cost of £250 :signLOL:

Im glad APR are back as Revo perhaps were getting too cockey with there dominance, at the end of the day, competition between tuners is better for us guys!

Good luck and maybe on my next car who knows :happy2:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2012, 01:36:56 am »
Firstly this isnt a dig at APR but why would someone running Revo stage 2+ pay £250 just to go APR :confused:

Revo hasnt suddenly started making sh*t maps overnight especially not on the 2.0tfsi, imo if you have Revo of any stage and you change to APR, your a moron and simply jumping on the band waggon at a cost of £250 :signLOL:

Im glad APR are back as Revo perhaps were getting too cockey with there dominance, at the end of the day, competition between tuners is better for us guys!

Good luck and maybe on my next car who knows :happy2:

Thanks Rob.  500 seemed especially steep, thus my offer.  Plus, time will tell what the differences are for certain as more people try our new maps.

Cheers!