Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129517 times)

Offline Edition_30_P

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
  • Edition 30 P
    • Email
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:36 pm »
Yes I did, Al! They quoted me £350 inc VAT to Hybridise the Turbo compared to Turbo Dynamics £800 inc VAT. We use them at work for Turbo repairs and bring them a lot of business too :stupid:! Really nice bunch of people down there too! They also coolect and deliver in that price too! Would highly recommend and use again  :happy2:

Thanks again, Al!
MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30|APR Stage 2+|Milltek Non Res TBE Decat|ITG Intake| Forge Twintercooler|Autotech HPFP Internals|Forge DV|R8 Oil Cap|AP Coilovers|WALK Kit|ECS Dog Mount| THS Mounts|Eibach F&R Anti Roll Bars|Sachs Uprated Clutch

Offline robdf2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:55 pm »
Hi Keith,

It seems that Poverty has caused quite a stir with his review of your new software package not only here but over on the SEAT forums.

Its threads like this that keep us guys interested in improving and falling in love again with our cars  :laugh:

but its also good to have some good old competion , so welcome to the uk  :smiley:

I was probably one of those people who was swayed to go Revo after all the hype around APR v Revo , with 90% of forum members going Revo and saying it was the best thing since sliced bread , but i did have an upsolute map on my old volvo 2.0t (yes i know the shame of it) and i have to say that was the best £ to smile than i ever had even better than the Revo map i have today , so i do think its unfair to judge companies before trying their product , so im very interested in the new development work that APR is doing.

I do have a question though , now it would seem that APR is taking a big interest in the uk , especially since you have said you are here full time , will there be any synergies now between American and uk pricing?
I think its been demonstarated already that we can import APR parts into the uk and still make a substanial saving over UK APR pricing , obviously maps will have to come from the uk , is there any chance that APR will review their parts pricing policies?

oh and welcome to the UK
2008 Chrono yellow Cupra

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2012, 01:38:57 pm »
On that subject, APR uk wanted £979 + shipping for an APR hpfp. Another UK supplier charges £750 inc delivery for exactly the same item :stupid:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2012, 01:39:13 pm »
One thing i dont understand is why when our cars come with a borgwarner turbo do we upgrade them with Garret's. Borg warner have just releised the EFR range would it not be a straight swap from the Turbo we have now to the 6758 turbo plus a revised map?

Im probably talking absolute bollox here mind :rolleye:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2012, 01:51:22 pm »
Its because the turbo and manifold are one piece rob. To fit any other turbo would require a new manifold.

I'd love to see a EFR turbo TFSI though!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2012, 01:56:32 pm »
Oh yeah i forgot its all one peice :fighting2:

Id consider doing it if i had a 4wd varient of the 2.0tfsi but fwd would just be pointless :sad1:

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2012, 02:09:10 pm »
Hi Keith,

It seems that Poverty has caused quite a stir with his review of your new software package not only here but over on the SEAT forums.

Its threads like this that keep us guys interested in improving and falling in love again with our cars  :laugh:

but its also good to have some good old competion , so welcome to the uk  :smiley:

I was probably one of those people who was swayed to go Revo after all the hype around APR v Revo , with 90% of forum members going Revo and saying it was the best thing since sliced bread , but i did have an upsolute map on my old volvo 2.0t (yes i know the shame of it) and i have to say that was the best £ to smile than i ever had even better than the Revo map i have today , so i do think its unfair to judge companies before trying their product , so im very interested in the new development work that APR is doing.

I do have a question though , now it would seem that APR is taking a big interest in the uk , especially since you have said you are here full time , will there be any synergies now between American and uk pricing?
I think its been demonstarated already that we can import APR parts into the uk and still make a substanial saving over UK APR pricing , obviously maps will have to come from the uk , is there any chance that APR will review their parts pricing policies?

oh and welcome to the UK

Thanks for the welcome!

I've priced everything as low as possible.

I've taken the cost that APR USA has to make the products, added in 10% for profit plus what's necessary to cover the costs of the UK operation and then added in margin for dealers to arrive at the retail prices.

I'm not sure how you guys get them in any cheaper.  I am shipping by pallets and paying very, very low shipping prices, less than 1 USD per pound of shipping weight.

The only thing I can figure is that when you import them yourselves, the companies you buy from are reducing the invoices or sending them as a gift or warranty repair so you don't pay any import duties.  This would dramatically reduce the prices as you've relayed.

The only catch to importing them yourself however, is there is no warranty for products purchased in this manner and if we find out which APR dealers are doing this, they lose part of their discount and if they continue to do so, they will no longer be an APR dealer.

We like to run a clean business and have enough margin in the products to provide outstanding warranty and customer service.

I do understand everyone likes to save money so I can empathize with those of you that do participate in gray market sourcing.

The unfortunate fact of the matter though, is that if me being here just results in more people from the UK buying from other countries, we will have to pull out of the market as we won't be able to sustain the costs of the operation.  However, I'm not terribly worried about it because most people will buy from us due to our levels of service and most importantly because they want to have a warranty.

I wish there was more I could do to lower the prices but its really up to the Queen.  :sad1:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:26:17 pm by Keith@APR »

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »
For me to be like Dom I need the same map twice.  I'm not planning on going back to shark lol

Just waiting on a come back from keith@APR

You have some catching up to do!
Superchips stage 1
superchips stage 2
superchips stage 3 (3 revisions)
revo stage 2+
PDtuning stage 2
Shark stage 3 ( 7 revisions)
Shark stage 1
Pdtuning stage 2
Revo stage 2

comins soon Revo stage 2+

Beat that :popcornsoda:

Well, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try us then.

If you want to try our map before the Revo S2+, you won't have to pay anything unless you want to keep it and then I'll only charge the 50GBP Revo upgrade price.

FWIW, when you buy any Stage 1,2 or 2+ APR software at offered price, upgrades or downgrades to Stage 1,2 or 2+ are free.  You only have to pay for software again if you go ko4 with someone else's hardware kit besides ours.

Very generous offer Keith :happy2:

Quite a hard decision to make, as since I fitted the APR HPFP yesterday. then datalogged it and everything is running perfectly.
APR dealer is about 150 miles away, PDTuning Revo dealer is about 4 miles away. I'm still within the 30 day money back guarantee with Revo aswell. But then again, I dont want to using a relatively new map and have to get the engine rebuilt again :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Where are you located?  I travel quite a bit, maybe I can come see you?

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »
On that subject, APR uk wanted £979 + shipping for an APR hpfp. Another UK supplier charges £750 inc delivery for exactly the same item :stupid:

Sometimes used HPFP's sourced by the dealer are sent to us for a rebuild and unfortunately sold as new pumps.  Because I've caught wind of this happening rather frequently in the UK and Europe, we are establishing a better tracking process and identification system for used, rebuilt pumps and new pumps.

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2012, 02:18:09 pm »
One thing i dont understand is why when our cars come with a borgwarner turbo do we upgrade them with Garret's. Borg warner have just releised the EFR range would it not be a straight swap from the Turbo we have now to the 6758 turbo plus a revised map?

Im probably talking absolute bollox here mind :rolleye:

Unfortunately EFR turbo's are very large for the performance they deliver.  We've tested them and they work fantastic but getting them in between the engine and fire wall creates too many compromises in exhaust manifold and exhaust downpipe design so the GTX's are the winners for us.

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2012, 03:13:57 pm »
Is a hybrid 2.0tfsi map something APR would offer in the future? Just wondering as its a subject that keeps popping up. A friend of mine is keen to hybrid his golf also.

Historically we don't like hybrids as our testing has proven them less than reliable.

But that's not to say we've tested all of the hybrids out there so I'm told there are some good ones over here.

Its possible.  Maybe something we offer as a custom solution.  I doubt we would offer it as part of our standard product line unless it was a kit we develop and offer.

Just need to find the best one.

By looking at the posts just in here if you did come up with a K04 Hybrid Kit fitted and mapped it would sell   :driver:

Offline robdf2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2012, 03:24:25 pm »

Sometimes used HPFP's sourced by the dealer are sent to us for a rebuild and unfortunately sold as new pumps.  Because I've caught wind of this happening rather frequently in the UK and Europe, we are establishing a better tracking process and identification system for used, rebuilt pumps and new pumps.

thanks for the reply
does that mean that APR will now rerubish in the UK?
or do you already?
2008 Chrono yellow Cupra

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »
Do Owen developments do a hybrid, herd good things about that company.

Hybrid option would work but your never going to get massive gains out of it and so paying £2k plus would be daft for only 40hp. If the price was right say £1-1.5k and there was enough in the turbo to push us over the 400hp mark with good reliability then i think plenty of people would be interested.

At this moment only Gaic offer a map for a hybrid, Revo's is an aggressive stage 2+ map or there stage 3 map with boost controller.

The only issue i see is it would be in direct competition with your gt2871 kit but less lag.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2012, 04:43:08 pm »
Bit of a tangent question for Keith but does your upgrade K03 to K04 map utilise any of the tweaking/coding that you're now using in the K04 2+ Version 3 software?   
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline LOBA SI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:28 am »
1.4TSI hybrid is here already

http://www.loba-motorsport.com/en/home/news/new-product---lo270-for-vag-14-tsi

270PS, they are looking for a UK based guinea pig....Be interesting to see what APR could do with it.

Loba are the go to people for all things RS4 evidently, MRC use their turbos, Unit 20 etc etc, they also originated the TTRS hybrid that Revo were tryingto get to 500 BHP

I know Simon at Loba quite well let me know if you need an introduction!.

Very stand up company by all accounts

If Sy is willing for his car to be used I will do the install and calibration FOC.

If Loba can supply the volumes APR would need, the quality and pricing is there, we are game.

Sounds like I need a trip to Germany?  Can't say I know much about them.  I think Arin@APR has spoken with someone from there before.

Hi Keith

been pointed this way by friends (thanks)

ill shoot you a email, the Volume is not a problem or quality, we supply some of the biggest VAG tuning houses and they re-brand as there own and we work with many smaller tuners too.

On a side note for the guys asking on prices of hybrid units, prices your see from us listed are for brand new units , we can also upgrade your existing unit to lets say LO380 Spec, but we would really need to inspect and give you a report and quote a price.

most power ive personally seen from this unit is 390ps 545nm on a ED30 golf, i do think if 370+ can be made on oem unit as some tuners claim then id really like to see what they could do with LO380, im not doubting just really like to see...
We are not cheap but we have the very highest standards we don't use cheap copy parts at all only genuine or better ie :custom parts, but in 6 years we never seen a failure due to parts, a record we have pride in saying, all parts and processes are done in Germany.

We are Currently in the Process of Building a S3 8P project car right now Using Custom rods and Developing a New stage of OEM turbo that is going to be well over 400

Simon Sharp
LOBA-MOTORSPORT GmbH
S.SHARP@LOBA-MOTORSPORTS.COM

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:12:55 pm by LOBA SI »

Follow Us On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/LOBA.Motorsport

Email s.sharp@loba-motorsport.com