Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129549 times)

Offline taglo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2012, 01:22:31 pm »
Hi Keith...

some really nice post in this thread. It is getting attention on a very large scale... Nice to see this kind of feedback from a tuner.
I am currently on Revo stage 2+ and thinking of jumping aboard with APR. My problem (if it is a problem) is I am using a forge wastegate and a HKS boost controller in order to have 3 memory presets of boost.. Would your software work with my setup?

How does 250 pounds equate to euro with my Greek APR dealer in Athens?  :drinking:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2012, 01:34:12 pm »
Hi Keith...

some really nice post in this thread. It is getting attention on a very large scale... Nice to see this kind of feedback from a tuner.
I am currently on Revo stage 2+ and thinking of jumping aboard with APR. My problem (if it is a problem) is I am using a forge wastegate and a HKS boost controller in order to have 3 memory presets of boost.. Would your software work with my setup?

How does 250 pounds equate to euro with my Greek APR dealer in Athens?  :drinking:

Whats wrong with the SPS switch, theres 3 presets on their to adjust boost, timing, fuel :confused:

Offline taglo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »
Hi Keith...

Whats wrong with the SPS switch, theres 3 presets on their to adjust boost, timing, fuel :confused:

Nothing wrong with sps. My revo stage 2+ never worked...  :confused:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2012, 01:40:07 pm »
Judging by previous postings on the US forums, I don't think APR will want to have anything to do with a car utilising any Forge products. 
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline taglo

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2012, 05:10:13 pm »
Keith... What say you??

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2012, 05:15:22 pm »
Hi Keith...

Hey Taglo,

Unfortunately my offers were only for the UK.  It would be up to APR Greece to offer something for you.

If we were to take on your project, we would ask that you remove the w/g actuator and replace with OEM and the boost controller also.  We would calibrate all of this in the OEM ECU without the need for those extra bits.  Because this isn't something I would plan to offer to other customers, it would have to be a custom calibration.  Contact APR Greece and copy me in the on the email, klucas@goapr.com.  I don't know when, but I plan to be in Athens with my calibration expert sometime in the next few months and we could possible do something for you then.

Thanks,

Keith

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »
Judging by previous postings on the US forums, I don't think APR will want to have anything to do with a car utilising any Forge products. 

Really ?? Why's that then??

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2012, 11:36:45 am »
On that subject, APR uk wanted £979 + shipping for an APR hpfp. Another UK supplier charges £750 inc delivery for exactly the same item :stupid:

Sometimes used HPFP's sourced by the dealer are sent to us for a rebuild and unfortunately sold as new pumps.  Because I've caught wind of this happening rather frequently in the UK and Europe, we are establishing a better tracking process and identification system for used, rebuilt pumps and new pumps.

thanks for the reply
does that mean that APR will now rerubish in the UK?
or do you already?

I am looking into this.  I think it would be good if we did!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:42:03 pm by Keith@APR »

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2012, 11:09:49 pm »

Would like to thank PSi tuning for seeing me at short notice and burning the APR update on for me and making me a brew in the process.

Not to far from me so will be bearing you in mind when I dream up some more modification plans  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:58 am »
I can fully understand APR coming back to the party as its a large market for them to share at (especcially as lots jumped to Revo and are now thinking of jumping back), and i do understand UK pricing structures compared to USA pricing, but lets be honest US trade price plus a $ per pound/kilo shipping does not add up to UK prices being what they are (A re-map weighs nothing  :happy2:), although again I suppose we should be used to it by now in the UK  :booty:

I disagree with the warranty side of things on imports and to call them "Grey Imports" does not sound right after all we live in a world economy and with the internet thats the way it works, if an APR product fails the last thing APR need is bad press about refusing to honour a warranty on a product (Wherever it was bought), i thought warranties were on the product itself, not its location?

P.S. im not a hater of APR or ANY otheer tuner in fact my brother had APR on his 1.8T and was happy with it, I just wish that some of the pricing structures would be a tad more "realistic", maybe its the usual case of "Paying for the name"?
£499 Stg 1 remap seems fair enough for a MK5 GTI but £699 for an ED30/S3?? :ashamed:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:14:06 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ie9er51js95a4a1ke6rhlo9jjc&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2012, 01:13:07 am »
699 is daft money. Youd have thought with the likes of R-tech creating great software for ~£300 that the big guns would reduce their pricing.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: February 09, 2012, 01:17:34 am »
699 is daft money. Youd have thought with the likes of R-tech creating great software for ~£300 that the big guns would reduce their pricing.

I know, but like i said, your paying for the name i think or perhaps paying lots more money for little more power?  :confused:, Jabbasport is £350 (plus Vat if your not vat reg'd) and costs same on GTI as it does on ED30 or S3?, where does the £200 difference come in?  :wink:
Agreed the 3/4 settings thing (EMCS?) is a good idea but worth another £350?, nope.

If APR Stg 1 price was £400-450 I would consider it against other options.

p.s. bracing myself in case im talking tosh again (Allegedley)  :popcornsoda:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:22:14 am by Tamiyoman »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: February 09, 2012, 10:01:37 am »
On the AR tuned website there is no mention of Remap for for ED30, its only if you click MK6 that you then see the K04 engined cars map and thats priced at £699, copied from the site

ROW Vehicle Application Guide

Model

Engine

Drivetrain

Transmission

Price

Audi S3

2.0T FSI 195kW

Quattro

6MT & S-Tronic

£699

Audi TT-S

2.0T FSI 200kW

Quattro

6MT & S-Tronic

£699

VW Golf Edition 30

2.0T FSI

6MT & DSG

£699

VW Scirocco R

2.0T FSI 200kW

FWD

6MT & DSG

£699

SEAT León Cupra R

2.0T FSI 195kW

FWD

6MT & DSG

£699

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #283 on: February 09, 2012, 10:06:48 am »
have you a link?

theyre are the wrong prices, only stuff like S6/R8 go for that money etc

Probably because they have two ECUs . . . :P
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:22 am »
Link below

http://www.aprtuned.co.uk/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans_265hp.htm

If you scroll down half way you will see it says 2.0T FSI and names all the KO4 cars (as in prev post)

There is no heading under the MK5 section for K04 cars, only std 200ps GTI.

May want to add a link on the site for K04 cars under MK5 and price correctly (if its wrong), i thought it was priced steep