Make a donation

Author Topic: APR stage 2+ v3.0  (Read 129603 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: APR stage 2+ v3.0
« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »
Isn't this thread about the V3.0 software!!

Well I think this is covering the high costs of APR V3 in Uk compared to US, its something I have always wondered myself.

Bottom line the software has been developed, done dusted and now priced (high in my personal opinion), UK costs are always higher than states, guess that comes from us becoming used to it over the years but with the world now being an internet commerce these prices need to be more in line (again my opinion).
Software developed in USA and has been for a while, also sales in US for quite a while, it was tweaked I guess for UK (different fuel RON rates, diff boost settings, timing etc etc, but still the same software with tweaked parameters, surely as its already developed we should be paying similar rates?, after all It does not cost much for software to be loaded into the car?, about 1.5hrs maybe?.

And I know that Revo charge the same but they aint cheap either (I guess they priced theirs as APR were no longer around/supported in UK with a disty so they could price at what they wanted I guess!, when you have an abundance of smaller tuners offering similar stuff for almost half the price and with good reports it makes you wonder..... are we really paying for the name?.

The only benefit of APR that I (again to re-iterate personally speaking) see is the ability to switch map on cruise, thats about it!.

I personally import stufff regularly from USA as I was sick of getting loaded with high prices from UK importers, woo it hits UK shores and suddenly it becomes 50% more expensive or go direct to source in USA and get it cheaper and after shipping and taxes still save yourself 25%.

I was lucky enough to "Accidentally" get sent a UK Distributor pricing list for my business which showed that UK wholesale cost was actually only 8.9% higher than US  :fighting: :fighting:

OK stepping off soap box, wiping brow and Reeeelaxxxxx.

Seriously tho APR (and Revo) the smaller guys are catching up (if not caught up already) and charging half what you are

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:46:34 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »
You also don't pay to update the software say from Stg1 to Stg2. Less of course any charge by the garage/tuner that does it.

Most others are around the £60 mark plus any time charge by the garage/tuner

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2012, 06:47:53 pm »
You also don't pay to update the software say from Stg1 to Stg2. Less of course any charge by the garage/tuner that does it.

Most others are around the £60 mark plus any time charge by the garage/tuner

Jabbasport dont either (Not sure about shark, R=tech etc etc, just RR mapping time same as any APR/Revo would do
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:49:54 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2012, 06:48:45 pm »
As soon as you open a place in Aberdeen, I will happily discuss anything you want if I am in town  :wink:. I will also happily take a spin in that Golf and see whats what with it. Of course, I don't expect that place to be open here any time this year  :signLOL:

Regarding prices, do you realistically expect to be selling high volumes of APR products at those prices and do you think that it is fair and sustainable to keep prices low in the US at the expense of high prices the rest of the world? Surely the potential in the rest of the world is higher than the total US market?

The issue with US pricing is that it is too low and the margins we make are too small to absorb the additional costs associated with selling our products in other countries.

Looking at our income statement, the only course of action available is to raise US prices.  We would be able to find a happy medium as the additional profit from the US sales would help to offset costs of doing business internationally but raise the price we must to make it work.

We already sell more internationally than we do in North America.  Its been that way for a long time.

Our strongest single market this year was China, then Germany and then North America.

Our sales are very strong in Greece as well.

The UK, North Western and South Western Europe are where our greatest opportunities for drastic improvements in market share lie currently.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »
Seems to have gone off topic somewhat :surprised:
Whats happening with the gokart then Sy?

Keith is working onthe software side as we speak.  The ancillaries are all sorted.

Completion hopefully on Sunday.

Back in topic, I have managed a 3.8sec 0-60 with the golf on the same stretch of road as before.

Imagine with the seats removed!!!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #410 on: March 07, 2012, 07:46:07 pm »

Keith is working onthe software side as we speak.  The ancillaries are all sorted.

Back in topic, I have managed a 3.8sec 0-60 with the golf on the same stretch of road as before.

How much for a 4wd conversion on my apr v3 Cupra lol

Offline Keith@APR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 36
    • Go APR
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2012, 07:55:01 pm »

Wait!  You got into the 3's in my Golf R before I did!  You must be a better driver than I.  lol  Congrats!

Waiting for the first round of files from America to enable me to do to your ecu what needs to be done.

On the current Stage 1 you have its over boosting and running out fuel.  The new turbo must have done something!!!   :driver:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2012, 08:04:40 pm »
Looks like you might beat hurdy to the 1.4 title  :congrats:
3.8 secs is nice for a family hatch :happy2: imagine what you'll get when temps creep up :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #413 on: March 07, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »
Launch control, press loud pedal then hold on :driver:
I need haldex in my life

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #414 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:58 pm »
The issue with US pricing is that it is too low and the margins we make are too small to absorb the additional costs associated with selling our products in other countries.

Looking at our income statement, the only course of action available is to raise US prices.  We would be able to find a happy medium as the additional profit from the US sales would help to offset costs of doing business internationally but raise the price we must to make it work.

We already sell more internationally than we do in North America.  Its been that way for a long time.
With respect, knowing what "similar" hardware/equipment costs to design and make, I find it hard to believe US prices are too low as is. Using the transverse TFSi  intercooler example again, I may have been interested to have an APR intercooler, but its 66.6% more expensive than the all but the same THS intercooler. APR name and quality or not, it is surely APR's job to prove why it is so much better than the others to justify that premium price, and I can't find that anywhere on the APR web site just as I can't find any detail on these new maps other than functionality, people joy riding in a demo car and price  :signLOL:

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2012, 09:51:00 pm »
Alan,

One of the chaps down here got a respectable 368hp on his new Stage 2+ APR software on the AMD rollers on Sunday. He previously had a Jabbasport map, and says its a great improvement.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #416 on: March 07, 2012, 10:13:14 pm »
Can someone tell me what's needed to go stage 2 on a cupra r tfsi.
I have a Pipewerx sportscat and a carbonio intake with panel filter.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
MISANO RED RS3

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2012, 05:02:46 pm »
Can someone tell me what's needed to go stage 2 on a cupra r tfsi.
I have a Pipewerx sportscat and a carbonio intake with panel filter.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Turbo back exhaust is all thats needed for stage 2, a CAI is optional, stage 2+ is TBE, CAI and HPFP I believe.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »
A full tbe is not needed, only reccomended.

The minimum requirement is a downpipe and sports cat.  Kevs FR is able to go stage 2 with that.  Obviously he'll benefit massively from an intake though

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2012, 05:30:00 pm »
A full tbe is not needed, only reccomended.

The minimum requirement is a downpipe and sports cat.  Kevs FR is able to go stage 2 with that.  Obviously he'll benefit massively from an intake though

We need vRS figures  :party: :driver: