Make a donation

Author Topic: Help with my cleaning process (Cave man to pro cleaner lol)  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Help with my cleaning process (Cave man to pro cleaner lol)
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:15 am »
With the help of a few people I got a basic process outlined.

1 Jet wash - remove basic dirt
2 Snow foam
3 Jet wash
3 two bucket wash
4 rinse
5 Clay bar
6 rinse
7 dry
8 Polish
9 Wax/Protect

Does this seem OK for a beginner?? any updates on this process would be very much appreicated?

and can you give me some simple product name please

A) Snow foam < just use a simple shampoo formula?
B) Two buckets < should I use the shampoo that was use in the foaming?
C) Arches, and stubbern stuck on dirt < Been told to just use a APC (All purpose cleaner) ? when you goo to these drive through car washes they spray the car with something before they jet wash it, what would this be?
D) Drying < Use to use a leather, but leaves bits everywhere (IMO) am I using the wrong leather? or should I use something else?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:17:52 am by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Help with my cleaning process (Cave man to pro cleaner lol)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:36:50 am »
Snowfoaming should be done with a dedicated lance and foam solution.

The problem with leather is that it can damage the paintwork. Best off using a proper drying towel.

Also what about glass, plastics, exhaust, wheels, tyres etc?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:07:30 am »
Im OK with the extra stuff. glass wheels etc.

However, do you use a dedicated cleaner for the exterior plastic trim (non colour coded items) ?

What about these stubbern bits that are stuck on the body work? is there a solution that you guys spray on? or will the snowfoam take care of this once you have left it for a to soak in?

How long do you leave you foam on 5 mins?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:37:00 am »
Depends on how dirty the car is. Yes snowfoam should help, as should washing but any awkward areas can benefit from APC and a brush.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:57:34 pm »
thank you!!

APC + brush < these are OK for bottom of doors/edges of wings etc (safe for paint) ?