Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM phone kit  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 2
OEM phone kit
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »
My car has a Nokia 6100 phone kit fitted to the dash which goes through the OEM sat nab etc.
I have an iPhone 4, for the part number and price for an iPhone cradle to replace the old Nokia one but fedora anyone know if it's a simply in lip the Nokia one and clip the iPhone on or will wires have to changed etc. I asked the local vw parts person how to fit it who didnt know. Any info welcomed as I may have buy an old 6100 to just use in the car otherwise which ain't ideal.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Re: OEM phone kit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 07:36:17 pm »
it'd be much cheaper for you to replace the bluetooth kit with a normal bluetooth one like a nokia ck-7w, that too will go through the sat-nav and very simple to install because you already have everything 'plumbed in'

do you know which 'box' you have?
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Rustybear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:37:58 pm »
Thanks. Don't know what box it is, can you clarify what the box is??

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 07:40:06 am »
hi

well, the handsfree kits made up of a few 'components'

1) microphone

2) cradle / interface to the handset

3) control box

4) wiring to the headunit - the mk5 golf / quadlock headunits are wicked in the sense that they have a telephone input built into them! no need for any fancy wiring, no need for an external 'mute' box, no nothing extra. Where you would connect the 'speaker' in an ordinary handsfree kit, you simply connect it to the L/R connector on the radio connector as it is labelled on the back of the radio - very very easy to do, the handsfree kit comes with the plug to do this usually.

the 'box' i'm referring to is the control box, because the wiring is usually quite standard if its a nokia handsfree kit, so you could in theory just swap the control box for a bluetooth one and that should be that!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...