Make a donation

Author Topic: Let's talk clutches!  (Read 4592 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: Let's talk clutches!
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »
I have had the Sachs uprated with SMF for 3 years and wouldn't recommend it to any as it won't let me shift fast and at high rev.
I would consider the LOBA clutchpack with their own SMF, it's also 33% cheaper than the Sachs SMF solution.
Some here in Denmark has bad experiences with the Southbend clutches, so i would avoid that.
My next clutch will be the SPEC eventhough VrsAlex has had some bad customerservice, BNAutoteknik has a good line of communication with them.

whats the SPEC clutch jake?

Holds up to 558NM

http://www.bnautoteknik.dk/volkswagen/golf-mk5/transmission/spec-kobling-stage-2-til-audi-vw-2-0tfsi-2006-2009-6g-02q-fwd-m-enkeltmassesvinghjul-i-stal-744.html

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 09:57:42 pm »

James , did you get one from USP. Can you PM me with your experiences ta

PM'd Andy  :happy2:

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »
I've got the Sachs, the first day I drove the car with it fitted I was coming back from London in a 10 hour 1st gear 2nd gear traffic jam stemming over 250 miles, I was on / off the clutch that much a brand new pair of Adidas trainers soles bubbled up !, leg was like jelly when I got home couldn't even play football the next day !!

I'm used to it now though and every time I drive a normal car now I think, this car is for sissys !
( in conclusion the Sachs is quite stiff, got a very high bite point and a little noisey 

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline ConorF

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 09:34:09 am »
Id stick with dual mass to tell yous the truth.  :confused:

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:43 am »
I have had the Sachs uprated with SMF for 3 years and wouldn't recommend it to any as it won't let me shift fast and at high rev.
I would consider the LOBA clutchpack with their own SMF, it's also 33% cheaper than the Sachs SMF solution.
Some here in Denmark has bad experiences with the Southbend clutches, so i would avoid that.
My next clutch will be the SPEC eventhough VrsAlex has had some bad customerservice, BNAutoteknik has a good line of communication with them.

whats the SPEC clutch jake?

Holds up to 558NM

http://www.bnautoteknik.dk/volkswagen/golf-mk5/transmission/spec-kobling-stage-2-til-audi-vw-2-0tfsi-2006-2009-6g-02q-fwd-m-enkeltmassesvinghjul-i-stal-744.html

I will be going with the loba clutch as soon as i scrape my penny's together, been looking at them for a while now and always seem to get good reviews :happy2: