Make a donation

Author Topic: What exhaust and remap for an edtion 30  (Read 5929 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: What exhaust and remap for an edtion 30
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 08:23:32 pm »
Most companies will only charge a small fee to upgrade to stage 2+ anyway, some dont charge at all.
You'll be suprised how quick your car will be with just a stage 1 remap to be honest :happy2:

Offline shane mk5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »
Ok cheers mate i jus need to decide what to get now

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 09:40:53 pm »
Re-Map:-

Shark, Jabbasport or R-tech around the £350-£400 mark, Revo or APR if you have £600 to spend, all seems to say 290 to 310bhp on stage 1, also Superchips dunno how much tho?

Exhaust:-

BCS 950 to £1045 depends on spec
Milltek £1000 to £1100
APR RSC £1200
Supersprint £1500+

Adding in TBE and poss HPFP should be looking at 330-340bhp, poss more, depends who you ask  :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:42:55 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 10:37:12 pm »
Re-Map:-

Shark, Jabbasport or R-tech around the £350-£400 mark, Revo or APR if you have £600 to spend, all seems to say 290 to 310bhp on stage 1, also Superchips dunno how much tho?

Exhaust:-

BCS 950 to £1045 depends on spec
Milltek £1000 to £1100
APR RSC £1200
Supersprint £1500+

Adding in TBE and poss HPFP should be looking at 330-340bhp, poss more, depends who you ask  :happy2:

I think superchips are £499

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 06:47:47 am »
Out of revo shark  superchips and pdtuning, the remap that I thought was the most dissapointing was superchips, and I've had them all :laugh:

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:23:19 am »
Out of revo shark  superchips and pdtuning, the remap that I thought was the most dissapointing was superchips, and I've had them all :laugh:

Heavy D, are the others miles ahead of the Superchips Bluefin then? I installed a Stage 1 Bluefin map on my ED30 yesterday and (after a slight mix up with Manual/DSG maps :fighting:) I have to say that it just feels mega for a remap, the boost feels so strong and linear.

I'm more than happy with what its done to mine up to now. I'll probably never go further than Stage 2 though as I want to keep it as reliable as possible and from experience the more after market bits that you bolt on, the more warning lights and issues crop up (maybe that's just a bad experience with my old Audi TT though!!).

I've got a Milltek downpipe and 200 Cell cat in the garage waiting to go on, once I've got spare funds for a decent induction kit (ITG, Twintake or EVOMS hopefully). Is the jump to Stage 2 noticeable or would anyone suggest just leaving the Stage 1 map on to retain a bit of fuel economy?

Thanks, Mike

2008/58 Tornado Red Edition 30 (No. 1853) 5dr DSG - Gone but never forgotten
2017/66 Tornado Red Golf R 5D - Lasted 6 months before being sold on
Still have a TFSI in the family - 2009/59 Audi S3 8P facelift Stage 2 tuned
Oh and a Mk1 Golf GTI cabriolet

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 09:54:28 am »
We're offering our full 76mm TBE and Motor sport cat along with a stage one re map and panel filter for £1200.00 inc vat fitted at the moment.
Cheers
Nige
BCS Automotive

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 10:07:43 am »
Whats the revo 2+ do you have to have a tbe and intake for 2+ map
Yes. You need a CAI, TBE, HPFP and intercooler

WRONG!!!!!!  Coming out with things llike this could cost people thousands more than they would like to spendor than they need to spend

The minimum REQUIREMENT is downpipe and HPFP. Other mods just make it better.

HPFP - Yes.  Or you will get fuel cut.  Stage 2+ is designed around this pump.
Downpipe with sports cat or decat. - Yes
Intercooler -No.  Ideally you will have one fitted to reduce heatsoak, but its not a requirement.  Worthwhile having, but lots don't bother.
CAI - No, but likethe intercooler its a good idea if you want to mximise your output.
CAT back exhaust.  No. Not unless you want the noise.

don't tell me, tell Revo. it's what they've posted on their website. they don't make bolt on parts so they don't stand much to gain for recommending parts from other companies so i have no reason not to believe them, particularly when it relates to their own software.

i know a lot of people don't get an IC, if it were me and my car i would. i'm not going to suggest to another member something i wouldn't do for my own car. simples.

i know most of the restrictions in the exhaust are in the DP, but if you're going for an off the shelf exhaust e.g. Milltek you'll need to get a connector sleeve fabricated for the DP to mate to the OEM cat back. and of course that ignores the fact that flow is limited to the most restricted point in the system. whilst most of the restrictions are in the OE DP, there are some in the catback too. why do something if you're not going to do it properly?

tbh i think if saving money is your objective, then tuning shouldn't be your thing. if you're even considering Stage 2+ on an Eddy you need to factor in a host of other mods as well - brakes, suspension, clutch etc. plus higher running costs, insurance. the whole exercise is expensive so to save £300 on a CAI, £350 on a cat back etc. is absurd.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:19:31 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Saintsteve

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 11:31:22 am »
Out of revo shark  superchips and pdtuning, the remap that I thought was the most dissapointing was superchips, and I've had them all :laugh:

There's not much wrong with the Remaps from Superchips on an Ed30 at stages one and two chap. My car just yesturday absolutely left a brand new Nissan 370 on a straight mile onto the motorway, and that's 323 bhp v6 3.7 litre lump under the bonnet :laugh:

Stage 3 and from what I gather, that's when your statement is correct,and I would look elsewhere. if your going stage 2+ then all your doing is bhp figure hunting..

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 11:07:10 pm »
Whats the revo 2+ do you have to have a tbe and intake for 2+ map
Yes. You need a CAI, TBE, HPFP and intercooler

WRONG!!!!!!  Coming out with things llike this could cost people thousands more than they would like to spendor than they need to spend

The minimum REQUIREMENT is downpipe and HPFP. Other mods just make it better.

HPFP - Yes.  Or you will get fuel cut.  Stage 2+ is designed around this pump.
Downpipe with sports cat or decat. - Yes
Intercooler -No.  Ideally you will have one fitted to reduce heatsoak, but its not a requirement.  Worthwhile having, but lots don't bother.
CAI - No, but likethe intercooler its a good idea if you want to mximise your output.
CAT back exhaust.  No. Not unless you want the noise.

don't tell me, tell Revo. it's what they've posted on their website. they don't make bolt on parts so they don't stand much to gain for recommending parts from other companies so i have no reason not to believe them, particularly when it relates to their own software.

i know a lot of people don't get an IC, if it were me and my car i would. i'm not going to suggest to another member something i wouldn't do for my own car. simples.

i know most of the restrictions in the exhaust are in the DP, but if you're going for an off the shelf exhaust e.g. Milltek you'll need to get a connector sleeve fabricated for the DP to mate to the OEM cat back. and of course that ignores the fact that flow is limited to the most restricted point in the system. whilst most of the restrictions are in the OE DP, there are some in the catback too. why do something if you're not going to do it properly?

tbh i think if saving money is your objective, then tuning shouldn't be your thing. if you're even considering Stage 2+ on an Eddy you need to factor in a host of other mods as well - brakes, suspension, clutch etc. plus higher running costs, insurance. the whole exercise is expensive so to save £300 on a CAI, £350 on a cat back etc. is absurd.

I'm going to get a milltek downpipe&sportcat connect to oem exhaust and a remap next month..can't wait

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:16 pm »
We're offering our full 76mm TBE and Motor sport cat along with a stage one re map and panel filter for £1200.00 inc vat fitted at the moment.
Cheers
Nige
BCS Automotive
That's a pretty good price Nigel, I take it that's using a GIAC map.

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 01:31:04 pm »
Cheers, we actually working with a European mapping company who have demonstrated some fantastic results to us using our kit.
Thanks
Nige
 :happy2: