Make a donation

Author Topic: bit confused  (Read 1201 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
bit confused
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:02:51 am »
Hi everyone,as I was saying earlier on,on another thread that I want to get a stg1 remap,If I upgrade in purchasing a milltek downpipe&sportscat but connect it to the standard edition30 exhaust is it worth doing??as will I get much gains?
Reason why I wanna do this is cause the misses will go mental if she found out that I brought a exhaust...i know its a different diameter but been told by email from nick at r-tech that it can be done...also what stage remap do I need??stage1 or stage2?Or custom remap??

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: bit confused
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:49 am »
I think you could do it at stage 1 - speak to Nick to see which is best though. Have you considered Pipewerx for a DP &SC? The quality looks spot on and I'm sure they are cheaper than miltec. Also they mate to standard cat back  :smiley:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:14:52 am »
If you get a downpipe+cat (which you can attach to your standard exhaust) You could get a stage 2 map.

You make almost as much power with standard catback as a aftermarket one.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:37 am »
I understand revo do a stg2 map but if I'm going to r-tech or p-torque will it be a custom map that I need,spoke to will(p-torque)& he said it can be done connecting the milltek to oem..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:08:54 am »
course it can work, but then its going to be restricted at the backbox end. To be honest go the full way, you might regret it in the end not doing so. I understand your missus is going to nuts but are your a man or a mouse ? !MAN RIGHTS!

- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:37 am »
course it can work, but then its going to be restricted at the backbox end. To be honest go the full way, you might regret it in the end not doing so. I understand your missus is going to nuts but are your a man or a mouse ? !MAN RIGHTS!

I understand what yr saying mate but she is up to the limit on me spending too much money on cars(I have also got a e46 m3 supercharged in the garage)

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 04:06:02 pm »

I understand what yr saying mate but she is up to the limit on me spending too much money on cars(I have also got a e46 m3 supercharged in the garage)

loads of people run oem catback and a sports cat, the power difference is s minimal dont worry about it