Make a donation

Author Topic: Got a stupid itch for a car...  (Read 10117 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Got a stupid itch for a car...
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 12:13:18 pm »
Pov who the hell are you? Are you a racing car driver?granted you go on saying you have mates with this that and the other and I am sure if we still lived at home we could all drive around it what ever we wanted  :rolleye:. Are they your mates or just people off a forum you know? You do act like you know everything about cars but you do follow jonny c around like his lap dog and do what he does  :popcornsoda:  

Ps not having a dig but you do go on abit  :signLOL:

:grin:

Reeled ya in have I  big boy?

Am I race driver? No. Are these race cars? No. What's your point.

I'd like to ask who the hell you are to try and tell me that I'm wrong. Just because you like the GTR and alot of car mags love the GTR doesn't mean I have to.

I don't rate em simply because they are 1800kg. Heavy cars just aren't my thing, and yes they do Start to run out of steam at higher speeds, when the advantages of the massively quick gear changes no longer come into play and it's about pure power and power to weight. They are easy to drive cars, and even web doing silly speeds doesn't feel like it.

If that's the kind of car for you then go put your money where your mouth is and go buy one, they are 28k these days.

As for my mates, no they aren't off a forum, we all generally speak to each other everyday and see each other most weekends. When the 30-130 list comes you will see some of the machines and the figures they are putting out. My mate with the GTR is doing the sat, the rest of us the Sunday.

When you actually get to experience some cars first hands you do get some real surprises, not everything is like it always seems, or the magazine figures suggest.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:21:41 pm by Poverty »

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 01:42:28 pm »
Coming next on gobsh*te TV, a new series of "My Dad Could 'Ave Your Dad". Followed by "I Know You Are, But What Am I?"

You're all crap, I'm the best. Stampsies, full stop and no erasies. Your mum.

I believe I've won.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:50:46 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6826lcfvil1akndn4r6mgd77jg&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 01:49:20 pm »
I like the GTR, not many japanese cars i do like but that one looks the dogs and goes like stink.  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 03:25:10 pm »
30-130  :signLOL: wow that's a joke yeah  :confused: the Gtr is not about that it's about how for 60k it could lap a track faster than most production cars with 4 seats. It's not all about driving a like knob on the uk roads and as you have said you keep trying to have a ago with a skyline but they won't play,well they don't care about someone in a TT and to be honest if you pulled up behind me and I was in a Gtr I would not even entertain you as we all know stock v stock a tt is not the best and it understears and every magazine has said the same but it's due to not being awd only having stupid haldex. The Gtr is an amazing car and you can't deny it and it's been proven simple as that. But you seem to know every thing I will leave it at that
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:46:23 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »
Theyre nice, but nowhere near as fast around a track as a megane :P

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »
30-130  :signLOL: wow that's a joke yeah  :confused: the Gtr is not about that it's about how for 60k it could lap a track faster than most production cars with 4 seats. It's not all about driving a like knob on the uk roads and as you have said you keep trying to have a ago with a skyline but they won't play,well they don't care about someone in a TT and to be honest if you pulled up behind me and I was in a Gtr I would not even entertain you as we all know stock v stock a tt is not the best and it understears and every magazine has said the same but it's due to not being awd only having stupid haldex. The Gtr is an amazing car and you can't deny it and it's been proven simple as that. But you seem to know every thing I will leave it at that

Loool mate all you know about this car what you have read in magazines. Go get some real life experience of ownership OFF the track. Take a GTR and a similar powered 4wd car down some country lanes for example and then ce back and tell me which ones faster. The GTRs huge size and mass lets it down in tight situations.

Also kinda amusing how the TTRS which apparently does nothing but under steer beat all the much more powerful GTR's in the targa Tasmania rally. The GTRs are quicker on the straights due to a 300hp advantage but the TT does em round the bends. Even with its stupid haldex.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:24:19 pm by Poverty »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 05:20:04 pm »
 :indifferent:

Like I said you know best

:indifferent:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:55 pm »
I think you'll find I already won this childish argument, "your Mum" beats all...
Sideways yo!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 05:36:33 pm »
The thing is I don't even know why it is an argument. Two differing opinions and one person takes it all personal ad starts getting emotional over a car he's never even experienced.

Back to the original poster, speak to the GTR owners and my Porsche mates an they all reckon the GTR would cost more to run than a 911 turbo.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »
No ones being emotional about a car it's about you and how you always come on the forum saying you know everything about cars and how you got a little upset that a fwd hot hatch beat your car around the ring all because you know best (or is it jonny) infact are you jonny c shadow  :signLOL:

Like I keep saying you know best about every car

Oh and yes I do like the gtr but I would rather own a 911 as its not about outright speed for me it's about how the car drives

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 08:36:36 pm »
gtr s are ok but not a patch on a renaultsport megane 250  :popcornsoda:lol

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 08:44:12 pm »
gtr s are ok but not a patch on a renaultsport megane 250  :popcornsoda:lol

And you know it  :signLOL:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 08:50:01 pm »
I don't really want to join this but I have just looked at the Tasmania rally website ( to see what it is tbh) :signLOL: but a gtr won and the closest ttrs was 22 min behind :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »
A few engines have gone pop, and my mates needed a new gearbox. Also had the driveshaft issue. Oh and better brakes required for track work.

I personally can't stand GTR owners. They never wanna play and they all think their car is the fastest thing on the road when alot of cheap modded cars are just as fast or faster. Granted a remapped GTR is silly quick, but a mapped 911 turbo PDk is still quicker.

Will be interesting to see how my mates 600hp gtr does at the 30-130 compares to the rest of the gang.

Quick quiz. How many contradictions in the above post, i count 7.  :signLOL:

Answers on a postcard to:  Gheythreadquiz. P.O. box  LO SERs.  :driver:

Fcuking awesome  :grin:

I nearly shat myself there TC I laughed that hard!  :congrats:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:31 pm »
I don't really want to join this but I have just looked at the Tasmania rally website ( to see what it is tbh) :signLOL: but a gtr won and the closest ttrs was 22 min behind :signLOL:
22 mins?!?!!

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!