Make a donation

Author Topic: Got a stupid itch for a car...  (Read 10622 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Got a stupid itch for a car...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 11:30:06 am »
I think if your looking for a drivers car then the GTR is not it, if you want something point to point that is pretty much faster than most things on the road then your aiming for the right car, i think most cars fear them  :evilgrin: including some of the exotica from the germans and italians and at around 1/4 the price  :happy2:

If you want a drivers car maybe the M3 is a better option but unless you own a pair of orange oakleys dont bother as you will stand out too much :P, I dont hate M3's (in fact im lucky enough to have driven an M3 CSL) but I just dislike most of the owners of M3's  :fighting:

I am already prepared to be shot down by M3 lovers or told im talking tosh, but my opinion is just that!  :booty:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:02 pm »
The GTR is just so fast and looks sexy! It's the back end  :drool: big power potential too  :driver:
M3 doesn't really appeal to me, used to want the E46 but chose my ed30 over it once I had driven both
 :smiley:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »
I like the GTR alot but would definitely never own one.

Running costs, potential engine/gearbox failure would be :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 02:00:15 pm »
A few engines have gone pop, and my mates needed a new gearbox. Also had the driveshaft issue. Oh and better brakes required for track work.

I personally can't stand GTR owners. They never wanna play and they all think their car is the fastest thing on the road when alot of cheap modded cars are just as fast or faster. Granted a remapped GTR is silly quick, but a mapped 911 turbo PDk is still quicker.

Will be interesting to see how my mates 600hp gtr does at the 30-130 compares to the rest of the gang.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 02:51:01 pm »
Every car has it's "stereotypical" owner, just depends what forum you're on as to what that sterotype is - plenty of people think VAG owners are t***s. ... disliking someone because of the car they own is on par with disliking them because of the colour of their skin. Retarded.

Thoughts: You may be able to buy a GTR, but can you afford to run one?? £50k cars still have £50k running costs, and worse still, they have lazy owners who sell cars rather than deal with expensive routine - meaning unless you know the car and owner, you're highly likely to land a sh*tter.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:38:33 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

If you want a drivers car maybe the M3 is a better option but unless you own a pair of orange oakleys dont bother as you will stand out too much :P, I dont hate M3's (in fact im lucky enough to have driven an M3 CSL) but I just dislike most of the owners of M3's  :fighting:

I am already prepared to be shot down by M3 lovers or told im talking tosh, but my opinion is just that!  :booty:

Yep! talking Tosh gain.  :P  :laugh:  you sound like an investment broker who just wasn't quite good enough at his job, to be able to afford an M3.  :innocent:  :signLOL: :wink:
In all seriousness if you really judge a person by what car they own, are you yourself happy to bundled in with all financial advisor's and their reputation.  :popcornsoda:

Offline Upperoilcan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:11 pm »
I would have an M3 or Porka over the GTR any day of the week......

After all it's a Nissan... :signLOL:

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:27 pm »
You get a warranty with the car and gearbox repalcements are not cheap whatever the car
Running costs are not as bad as some guys think,
Jack  

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 09:21:53 pm »
M3 owners are all dicks, gtr's are crap, really? Some stuff I read on here. Lots of jealousy from some sadly
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »
M3 owners are all dicks, gtr's are crap, really? Some stuff I read on here. Lots of jealousy from some sadly

:congrats:

It's not just me noticing the moronic crap spouted on here lately......  :stupid:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:17 pm »
Amen. I ran an S6 for 18months. Absolutely loved it but it made an R32 look like a Bluemotion.  :ashamed: :chicken:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 10:30:06 pm »

It's not just me noticing the moronic crap spouted on here lately......  :stupid:

have to agree its a 50k car thats fast even if your mate has one and you don't think its fast  :stupid: get a life  :rolleye: every thing ever said about them is they are fast and thats from racing car drivers not people in hair dresses cars  :P

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »
A few engines have gone pop, and my mates needed a new gearbox. Also had the driveshaft issue. Oh and better brakes required for track work.

I personally can't stand GTR owners. They never wanna play and they all think their car is the fastest thing on the road when alot of cheap modded cars are just as fast or faster. Granted a remapped GTR is silly quick, but a mapped 911 turbo PDk is still quicker.

Will be interesting to see how my mates 600hp gtr does at the 30-130 compares to the rest of the gang.

Quick quiz. How many contradictions in the above post, i count 7.  :signLOL:

Answers on a postcard to:  Gheythreadquiz. P.O. box  LO SERs.  :driver:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »
 :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 03:11:49 am »

It's not just me noticing the moronic crap spouted on here lately......  :stupid:

have to agree its a 50k car thats fast even if your mate has one and you don't think its fast  :stupid: get a life  :rolleye: every thing ever said about them is they are fast and thats from racing car drivers not people in hair dresses cars  :P
Lets get this out the way, if I wanted a GTR, I would buy one. Now lets move on.

Define fast. A tuned 2.0TFSI is fast, but put it next to a tuned 911 turbo is it still fast? I suppose it all depends on what you are used to. Some people would say a clio 197 is fast. I used to think a mk2 leon cupra was a rocket when I first got that car, would I still describe it as that now? Nope.

75k these days mate the GTR, and still over hyped. Funny how the new 911 cooking models are trumping the GTR in the car reviews even though they have a massive power disadvantage.

I suppose for the average driver ofcourse they are gonna think its the best thing ever, but when you actually put the GTR up in some real life side by side rolling drags it will soon open your eyes. How about a fwd mk1 audi a3 1.8t with a 50 pounds scooby ihi turbo from the scrappy being quicker? Granted its stripped out but theres a 2k car being quicker, although its no good at anything else  :grin

650hp GTR vs stock 911 turbo s pdk and the porka is quicker also.

Its a bit like the focus RS, people used to think that was like the king of all hothatches and nothing would be able to touch it.

The most spectacular thing about the GTR is the way it runs out of steam at higher speeds which is probably down to the gearing selection being chosen on the basis of making the best possible generic mag stats 0-60, 0-100 etc etc, and no matter what nissan or those silly evo magazines tell you its weight will always be its biggest flaw and what holds it back.

Before buying the TTRS the GTR was on my list. However I didnt get it due to its weight. Putting a 1800kg car round a track doesnt make sense to me, no matter what any car mag says.

Anyway, having actually been in stock and tuned GTR's and two of my friends having owned them I have some actually insight and feedback as what its really like to own one, and not basing my opinion of some car mag that ive read who will maybe have had the car for 2-3 days with the only objective of ragging it around.

GTR's dont seem to hold on to their owners very long either, wonder why people get rid/bored so quickly.

The guy who sold his 650hp GTR has gone back to more oldschool jap power, he says they are more fun and have more character.

P.S

Before he bought and tuned the GTR, he had a gallardo. He says it was slow. The 1.8t a3 agrees  :grin:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:13:59 am by Poverty »