Make a donation

Author Topic: Porsche 996TT brake kit - The Not Quite So Big brake Kits Bigger HARDER brother!  (Read 68413 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Question from a friend.

Does this kit HAVE TO use Merc 350mm discs, or can it be used on an R32 345mm disc?  He has new discs on his car and is after a bolt on caliper/carrier setup that doesnt nvolve him buying new discs.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
Some db9 calipers with some brackets Dave does will fit over the 345's.  Same as my R8 setup was.

I have db9 calipers on the shelf too!
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
And r8 rears can fit over r32 discs, just pretty much a 12mm spacer required on a 7.5" wheel

Offline billman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
I have a bbk my self from daveb bought from him at 2009. Awesome kit. The only problem was with the discs. The hub centre of the discs he had sent me was wrong and I was forced to make them 2 piece with aluminum centre bell which of course wasn't cheap.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Just a heads up on this kit re clearance/spacers.

When I bought from Mike I was under impression would fit with BBS VZ without a spacer.

The kit would not but I think this was because have TT wishbones kitted and the extra poke required 3mm spacer.

Unfortunately, i now need arch work/arches rolling slightly as it has rubbed quite badly a couple of times and you can see where is cutting into the tyre wall. On inspection of my arch it has taken a bit of paint off it so wing will need re-spraying I presume after the work  :scared: not good really.

The kit looks immense under the wheels and performs very well but probably would have stuck with NQSBBK if new I was going to have these issues
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Smokengunz

Hi All I need some help and this looks like the right post.
I'm wanting to fit a set of brakes of a Porsche 996 911 turbo.
I'm sure there are easier brakes to fit out there but these were given to me for free so would really like to get them working.

PN's:

To my Golf Gti mk6 can anyone advise me on the rotors and brackets that will fit these calipers to this car.

Offline berg

• Thank You
Hi All I need some help and this looks like the right post.
I'm wanting to fit a set of brakes of a Porsche 996 911 turbo.
I'm sure there are easier brakes to fit out there but these were given to me for free so would really like to get them working.

PN's:

To my Golf Gti mk6 can anyone advise me on the rotors and brackets that will fit these calipers to this car.

call alex as you have more chance of getting through to father xmas than Dave  :signLOL:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Just a heads up on this kit re clearance/spacers.

When I bought from Mike I was under impression would fit with BBS VZ without a spacer.

The kit would not but I think this was because have TT wishbones kitted and the extra poke required 3mm spacer.

Unfortunately, i now need arch work/arches rolling slightly as it has rubbed quite badly a couple of times and you can see where is cutting into the tyre wall. On inspection of my arch it has taken a bit of paint off it so wing will need re-spraying I presume after the work  :scared: not good really.

The kit looks immense under the wheels and performs very well but probably would have stuck with NQSBBK if new I was going to have these issues

Tt wishbones gave me headaches and ended up being quite costly. I thought that was an issue on the Leon & not the Golf as a few people seemed to have run them on the golf.

The change in geometry moved my wheel further forward causing it to catch my arch & bumper.  CupraR arms & super pro ball joints turned out to be the solution

Besides your niggles hope you are happy with the brakes!  :smiley:

Offline vag12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
What sort of pads can you use with these calipers

Offline berg

• Thank You

pagid, ferodo, mintex

Offline vag12

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email

pagid, ferodo, mintex

Anyone know where I can get a fitting kit for these? Gave daveB 2 PM's no reply yet does anyone know?

Offline berg

• Thank You
Alex may be able to help or Johnny at Brake Caliper Refurbs

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email

pagid, ferodo, mintex

Anyone know where I can get a fitting kit for these? Gave daveB 2 PM's no reply yet does anyone know?

Fitting Kit with discs is £475 plain discs, Drilled or J hooked £525 Thats discs, centring rings, carriers, lines, bolts, disc fixings.

Just add calipers and pads

The discs get the centre bore taken out to 68mm so the centring rings work, so a little bit to it to get it to fit properly which it does

Dave
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:40:16 pm by DaveB1970 »

Offline lingenfelter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I want to replace my pads (using this kit for a year and a half already ).
Does Nybody knows which pads are Porsche oem?
Where can I get them?

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
Hi Bud

Got your PM but I'll post it here, OEM pads are Textar with a 7074 compound which is a fast road nothing really special, had many guys wanting to keep it exactly 996T OEM and had awful squealing from the Porache OEM pads.....

Its to do with the fact that 350 is right on the limit for this caliper design size is 330mm.

Best bet fast road are the ATE pads from Euro Car parts, about £85 solid performer and quiet as a church mouse.....MUST be the ATE ones though...they're very good

Davd