Make a donation

Author Topic: Interview question............creative  (Read 733 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Interview question............creative
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:19:43 pm »
On my final stage.............this is the question, I would like to know what YOU would do / why?

John, please can you bring along an object, picture or photograph which demonstrates your skills as an effective team player. You will use this during the day so we can learn a bit more about you - Be as creative as you wish!! bring high levels of energy, buckets full of enthusiasm and a great sense of fun!!

So come on ALL what would you take/why?

PLEASE be helpfull - not silly comments  :happy2:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:29:12 pm by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: Interview question............creative
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:51:22 pm »
The object has to same something about you so only you can really choose your object.

But it could be something like a box of sweets / cakes, give them out to people over the course of the day when they do you a solid or something like that.

Is this a job for a circus or something?  Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through anyway...
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:53:22 pm »
Can you give a bit more context as to what the job role is / type of industry?
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:06:35 pm »
I'm not being funny, but this is your job interview! I'm not a fan of these wooly questions either, but they are open to interpretation, and it's up to you to demonstrate that YOU are right for the job, not one of us.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 01:11:27 pm »
I understand its about me - and do have some ideas of things to do.....what I was LOOKING for way other peoples thoughts on what THEY would do.

Insperationally thoughts.

Im not a fan of these questions either - there is no right or wrong answer - it s pesonality thing. It was an open question to see people thoughts on it.
  :sad1:
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 01:19:01 pm »
I'd start with what being an effective team player means... contribution, leadership, reliability, flexibility, commitment etc.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:12 pm »
The reason I ask, my basis is.........

ice hockey team for 6 years (won a few medals and one trophy) we tried lol

2nd, I do coach my sons saturday football team. Train Saturdays games sunday < they have medals and stuff....

I just cant get passed thinking < predictable and boaring

Or the stupid side -

The sprained anckle from the weekend < thoughy I would try clearing a jump on the sledge, which went wrong  :signLOL: have the video lol technical a team effort, as I got the most distance  :pomppomp:

:signLOL: Last one true, but joking about bringing that up!!