Make a donation

Author Topic: Help please had a accident and unsure where to get repaired.  (Read 1528 times)

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Help please had a accident and unsure where to get repaired.
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:14:22 pm »
Basically some one hit my car last weekend, they have accepted responsibilty which is great even though its still going to affect my insurance for next 5 years booo.

Now the problem is i can take it to Volkswagen liverpool or the bodyshop i used for my bumper they did a good job but am i better off going vw???

Any opinions great unsure of how good volkswagon are really as i think its franchised.

Offline rsreid2000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Help please had a accident and unsure where to get repaired.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »
Don't know how good the body shop is but I have had a service done and a flywheel replaced at Liverpool VW and found them to be good. As I said not sure on the body shop but the service seems to be good.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:38 pm »
Ask VW which bodyshop they use?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »
I can do will ring up i, just presumed liverpool vw would use the liverpool van centre and bodyshop down the round.

The owners are claire james automotive just searched for them.

The original bodyshop were excellent just with me not paying wasnt sure if vw would be better or just another car throw it in and out.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:24 pm »
Basically some one hit my car last weekend, they have accepted responsibilty which is great even though its still going to affect my insurance for next 5 years booo.

If the accident wasn't your fault then your NCB should not be affected. You may initially have to pay your excess but you should be able to recover it from the other party using the legal cover from your policy.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »
oh i dont need to pay anything, they have take full liability just i will still have a crash against my name even though full liability on them.

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 09:07:16 pm »

Now the problem is i can take it to Volkswagen liverpool or the bodyshop i used for my bumper they did a good job but am i better off going vw???

Any opinions great unsure of how good volkswagon are really as i think its franchised.

Having had a little bump myself I've become a bit more clued up on insurance workings.

If the other party has admitted liability don't bother telling your insurance company about it as you'll have to pay your excess (though they will eventually get this back for you from the 3rd party if you have legal cover) and might hold it against you (though they shouldn't as its a no fault claim).  

Either contact the third party's insurance directly and deal with them directly or get a claims management company involved to do the leg work for you.  They will stick the bill to the 3rd party's insurance and sort you out with a hire car etc.  You won't have to pay any excess or risk your NCB.

This is basically what your own insurance company would do except they would want the excess up front then get it to you when the paper work is sorted.

When you find the body shop you want to use, ask them which accident management company they use (they almost certainly will be affiliated with someone) and deal with them.

Unfortunately my 3rd party is not accepting liability so I'm having to shell out my excess and will take a hit on the NCB.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline wisebuddah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:58 pm »
Interesting..I fell foul of a lapse of concentration fairly recently, not mine I might add. Anyway, the other driver and his insurance company accepted full liability. As a result, I haven't had to pay a penny for anything at all..no excess payment upfront with my insurance claming back from his insurers etc etc..the whole thing has been taken care of without any impact on my pocket, no claims or indeed future premiums.

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 09:15:54 pm »
Too late i have already informed my insurance and regret it listening to your family isnt always the best option.

I now realise you dont infact have to inform your insurance, as you can do it all without them.

I have also been informed that my insurance wont hold it against me but the leading companies do put a premium on whether its your fault or not as its a crash involving you.

Just where tp take my car or trust to repair it?