Make a donation

Author Topic: Inner tail light mod units  (Read 48344 times)

Offline biglad65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Inner tail light mod units
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2012, 08:37:24 pm »
im in leeds west yorkshire i think i am going to wait for the outers to be done and then take it from there

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2012, 08:41:06 pm »
im in leeds west yorkshire i think i am going to wait for the outers to be done and then take it from there

Thats cool mate, will prob be about 7 days from now i will be able to post up pics of both sides complete and working, ive got some good news for you, ive got family in dewsbury and often visit them when Exeter are playing near by (shame we played in uddersfield saturday, anyway back on topic, when the outers are done if you want a set i can arrange to be in dewsbury and fit them if you wanted mate?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

You are such a tease Phil  :signLOL:
[/quote]
[/quote]
 :signLOL: you know if you want a set i will fit them next time i visit the out laws
[/quote]

I too am intrigued by the whole set so wait in anticipation  :drool: but yes easy to do the old switch over. Do you know how o fit the cruise stalk too Phil? I have the stalk, fear I need the wire though. If not it will be a trip to EddieNL in a couple Of months
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:43:31 pm by brookesb32 »
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

You are such a tease Phil  :signLOL:
[/quote]
 :signLOL: you know if you want a set i will fit them next time i visit the out laws
[/quote]

I too am intrigued by the whole set so wait in anticipation  :drool: but yes easy to do the old switch over. Do you know how o fit the cruise stalk too Phil? I have the stalk, fear I need the wire though. If not it will be a trip to EddieNL in a couple Of months
[/quote]

Fitting the stalk is not a problem and if we had to add the wire thats no biggie tbh, im not on call at the weekend so i will be able to throw about 8 hrs at the outer mod which should see them ready to fit and try out  :star:, if all is ok with the fit and after testing them on my car for a few days i will be able to offer the complete set  :happy2:

but like i said anyone who has the inner mod will be able to upgrade easily
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2012, 11:40:01 pm »
having a few problems with the outers, main one being keeping the wiring tidy, ive got another 2 sets of inners ready to go, just looms but can put them in to the light units if needed :happy2:

Offline biglad65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2012, 08:31:24 am »
hi phil how many leds are you putting in outers and will the brake be a full circle or just half as it is now and are the amber in the same place middle cheers

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2012, 09:21:35 am »
hi phil how many leds are you putting in outers and will the brake be a full circle or just half as it is now and are the amber in the same place middle cheers

Its still in the prototype stags, at the moment im going with 8, the complete outer ring will be brake lights aswel as side lights instead of just the half, the indicators are in the same place and atm they give a very good strong flash, so if the brakes are lite up and the indicator is on you can actully see the indicator is flashing, the outer is taking alot of time to do, mainly because its the first one and im trying to keep it looking tidy and OEM behind the light unit, im on call today, fingers crossed its dead so i can send the kids out and have some peace to get on with it :signLOL:

Thank you for your links to youtube, yes that is sort of what im aiming to

Offline biglad65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2012, 09:42:18 am »
so will you be putting 8 in inners to match outer phil

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2012, 02:42:49 pm »
so will you be putting 8 in inners to match outer phil

At this moment in time no and the reason being the outers on side lights do not have a 12 v feed, when the brake is pressed the side light then powers to 12v which make it brighter, this is something that ive been thinking about and as yet im not 100% sure how im gonna get round it, i did think about the wiring you sent in the email which would keep the inners the same brightness and then the outers light brighter with brakes pressed, works dead, kids are just going out so will do some more in a bit :happy2:

Offline biglad65

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2012, 03:22:17 pm »
wont need one for inners just take feed from outers then will work the same as they do same as  oem ones as in diagram and video with them been leds, if you put black from inners in num 4 pin and red in num 2 pin you will get tail and brake the same on inners and outers
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:03:48 pm by biglad65 »

Offline SamDub

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2012, 11:21:02 am »
8 pages an no pictures of any fitted  :laugh:

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:34 pm »
Pics as requested! Kit was easy to install and well made! I might put something over the ends of the leds so the dots not so bright but overall pleased :)

2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »
Are they more ring like in the flesh?
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline perky85

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:54 pm »
the inner lights could do with brighter bulbs to match the outers

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2012, 09:53:42 pm »
Pics as requested! Kit was easy to install and well made! I might put something over the ends of the leds so the dots not so bright but overall pleased :)

Ideal glad you found them easy to fit, i did think about maybe a little black paint on the tip of the LED, that way i think the spot wouldnt be there and it will make the ring appear brighter, as the spot wouldnt be as bright, if that makes sence?