Make a donation

Author Topic: AMD Stage 1  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: AMD Stage 1
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 05:55:10 am »
Simon is a top guy and very knowledgeable, he has looked after my Rs6 S3 and Mk5 over the years and really does give first rate customer service and support.

He certainly isn't new to the game and has been in the industry for years, he did take over the Amd brand at the same time big boys toys in Essex changed to Amd but also worth noting he was in the the tuning world long before Amd.

My 2 pence....

:smiley:
Thanks mate, that's certainly the impression I got  today. I am more interested in the health of my engine than chasing big numbers, so I am going to go with them as I think it's  important to be local to be able to get that level of service and support.  :happy2:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 06:01:23 am »
Last year I had a stage 2+ GTi with an AMD map. It drove nicely and I had no issues with it.
I went to a JKM RR day and only had 253bhp - for a stage 2+ I'd say thats excessively low.
I called AMD up the next day and told them I wasn't happy with their map and I'd like them to remove it, and I'd pay the difference for a Revo map.  They agreed and were very helpful.  When I got the car back it was far more aggressive, and you could really feel the extra power, she was definitely a different beast!!  :happy2:
If I was you I'd definitely choose Revo, no bones about it!

But JKM quote only 225-235 bhp for Revo at Stage 1, and it's 550 + VAT for package including DV, & Pipercross PF.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39:24 pm »
some people would say you get what you pay for! buy cheap buy twice ect!

but with Remaps i think it depend on how your car takes to it as from reading the countless threads on here, i have come to realise theres good and badin the remap world and it don't boil down to price. 
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »
Does anyone know if AMD Woking has a rolling road?

Cheers,

Ian