Make a donation

Author Topic: RIP Whitney Houston  (Read 7526 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: RIP Whitney Houston
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »
BTW, it sounds like prescription drugs were the cause of death.

Quick, somebody find the doctor who prescribed them and arrest him!!!  :confused:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:09 pm »

Quick, somebody find the doctor who prescribed them and arrest him!!!  :confused:

My point was more linked to Sy's accusations of supporting terrorism through Cocaine use.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:32 pm »

My point was more linked to Sy's accusations of supporting terrorism through Cocaine use.

It wasn't a dig at you dude, just the American Blame culture!  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »
Was wrong about the cause of death

She was still a crack addict though,
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:59:01 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »

Worked with the death of MJ.

She was an addict, plain and simple. Doesnt really mattery what type of drugs she took. She had a massively addictive personality it appears.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 11:17:23 pm »
.....plain and simple

It isn't though, that's what people don't seem to realise!

For example, following the death of my brother 8 years ago my parents started taking sleeping pills. It was the only way they could find to get them through those terrible first months and years after his death. It became their coping mechanism. My Father is a Barrister and my Mother is a GP, so although they work under a fair amount of pressure day-to-day, they are educated people, and financially speaking they have no problems.

But, they've been left mentally ravished by something that happened to someone they loved, and despite all the help money can buy, they are still left with dreams that will haunt them until their death.

My point is that each case is different, and you're a fool if you simply class an addict as an addict without truly understanding the circumstances that led to their addiction.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:16 pm »
Andrew, sorry for the loss.

Ive said all i need to say on this matter.

I dont think she deserves the media attention she is getting. She hasnt done anything of note really for at least 20 years, and really had a short lived peak of a career. Adele got as many grammys in one night at the weekend that Whitney did in her entire music career.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 11:29:42 pm »
Did she sing???  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 11:39:17 pm »
.....plain and simple

It isn't though, that's what people don't seem to realise!

For example, following the death of my brother 8 years ago my parents started taking sleeping pills. It was the only way they could find to get them through those terrible first months and years after his death. It became their coping mechanism. My Father is a Barrister and my Mother is a GP, so although they work under a fair amount of pressure day-to-day, they are educated people, and financially speaking they have no problems.

But, they've been left mentally ravished by something that happened to someone they loved, and despite all the help money can buy, they are still left with dreams that will haunt them until their death.

My point is that each case is different, and you're a fool if you simply class an addict as an addict without truly understanding the circumstances that led to their addiction.

....Although every single case is different, I know something of how your parents must feel - My 4yo boy died in my arms. But my reaction was to totally give up all alcohol and smokin the weed. Such tragedies don't always lead to addiction, nor do they necessarily mentally ravish you. Your parents need to accept that death is inevitable for all of us and there is no guarantee of longevity - The sooner they can do this and dwell instead on the happier memories of when your bro was alive, the better. Hopefully they no longer take sleeping pills or anything else.

I hope my words don't make you think I'm not sorry for your family's loss - How could I not be?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:56 pm »
Not at all, but what you said supports my point. Some people are strong, some people aren't. You can't condem someone for having an addictive personality, it's how they were built. I don't believe that anyone chooses to be an addict.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 01:32:39 am »

Not at all, but what you said supports my point. Some people are strong, some people aren't. You can't condem someone for having an addictive personality, it's how they were built. I don't believe that anyone chooses to be an addict.

....I agree. I think that some people can have addictive personalities. We all have human weaknesses. I'm not saying that having such weaknesses excuses us from how we behave though.

The question then comes down to how tolerant we are of others who appear weaker than ourselves.

:happy2:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:34:33 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!