Make a donation

Author Topic: AGR - Autoglym Gloss Rinse  (Read 1598 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
AGR - Autoglym Gloss Rinse
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:44:13 pm »
Whats folks opinions of the Autoglym gloss rinse also known as AGR.
I have used it myself a few times and looks good when the water beads. You simply spray it on after washing then use an open hose to rinse of (also aids with drying) buff up :happy2:. I use a 1.5 litre pump spray so 15ml in that with warm water and its job done, I normally use it in the winter months.
If theres enough interest i was thinking of GB again with 250ml bottles which roughly give 16 uses if used in 1.5L sprayer like so -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-5-LITRE-HAND-PRESSURE-SPRAYER-WEED-CONTROL-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ130212124963QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Fertiliser_CV?hash=item130212124963&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1686%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
YOU would have to get your own sprayer, so dilution is 1-100 water.If theres enough folk interested I could makes this a go'er
price hopefully would be £8.50 delivered

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: AGR - Autoglym Gloss Rinse
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:55:43 pm »
i can understand these kind of prodcuts, but i really dont see the use.

It might be the water in my area is suited for good beading off the car, but ive always been able to sheet water off cars (90%+) on a detailed car. with an open ended hose obviously! then follow up with a miracle drying towel.

Maybe im more opposed to this than others because now i have to think of detailing in a commercial way. In that sense its a total no-no.

but as i am still passionate about detailing as a hobby of mine, there is still a part of me wanting to try this, or time to dry.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:37:27 am »
Thats why i thought rather than have to buy the AGR in its 5L form people can try the 250ml sample size first before deciding if the like it. it suits my needs as a quick protectant as i said in my 1st post.
There was another GB for this stuff on another forum and it was well recieved.

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:15:23 pm »
I've just got to the end of my big container of this stuff. I've had it for about 3-4 years.
It's OK in my opinion and useful in winter when it's cold and you want to get as much water off the car as possible. It also helps it stay clean a bit longer too.

I wouldn't buy it again though (hence why it lasted so long!). Carplan Demon Shine works much better and you don't need to rinse it off again either. Much underrated stuff in my opinion as not only does it allow for minimal drying, it also leaves a finish comparable to many QD sprays.

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:39:57 pm »
Is the AGR a trade product?