Make a donation

Author Topic: Child Seat  (Read 764 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Child Seat
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »
Just a quick one (can't see anything you see)

If you have a std child seat - held in by the seat belt.....

can you just but ISOFIX straps to convert the car seat, or does it have to be a factory made ISOFIX from the start?

Many thanks
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
Re: Child Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »
The seat has to have isofix from the start.  I don't know of anyway to make a non isofix seat into an isofix that would be legal and safe to use.  If the seat you have can mount into an isofix base then that's ok.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Child Seat -
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:00:46 pm »
 :happy2: thanks

I just wondered - seen the bases. Kinda thought there maybe a universal fixing.

Mrs brought the wrong one, told her to get the isofix.
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights