Make a donation

Author Topic: for sale help  (Read 706 times)

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
for sale help
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »
Wondered if anyone could help with reclaiming any money back for.some headlights I paid for and turned up damaged.

Basically bought, for 150 quid, some headlights in "excellent" condition. On delivery the outsides were indeed excellent, however the inside pivots on both lights on dipped and main were broken each on one.
The seller has got 20 quid back from the courier but that still leaves me 130 down minus what the bulbs are worth (say around 60) Thing is if it was the courier then surely the broken parts would be still in the headlights, which they are not, box and outside of the lights are intact.

It according to the seller cost 20 quid to send the lights, with only 20 quid insurance :confused:
I paid through direct online bank transfer which means I can't get the money back for the worthless lights.
I have now gone and bought some brand new from vw.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
Re: for sale help
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:28:40 pm »
Firstly, why has the seller got any money back from the courier?  Where did you buy the lights, if from eBay then you need to raise a dispute as the item is clearly not as described, personally I would be sending them back at the seller expense and would expect a complete refund!!

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
Re: for sale help
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:02:57 pm »
Bought off this very forum

Have asked for a refund but the seller has stated that they were perfect when they were sent, but like I said the broken bits weren't in there which seems odd.

The courier wanted pictures of the, broken parts of the lights, packaging inside and out and then values. All of which I sent to the seller.

Hey, Maybe the courier removed the broken bits and resealed the box? :stupid:

If i went through paypal I could have got my money back but i suggested online bank transfer not knowing you can't get money back like you can with paypal.

So for anyone buying things use paypal unless you know the person(seller)  :happy2: