Make a donation

Author Topic: SFS Performance - Turbo Hose kit for 2.0T FSI (200ps)  (Read 35716 times)

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
Re: SFS Performance - Turbo Hose kit for 2.0T FSI (200ps)
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 01:38:56 pm »
TD...have you just caught RR with his pants down??  :signLOL:

re: vRSy....I'd beg to differ on the discharge pipe making the most diff. I reckon its the IC>TB pipe actually...u can see how restrictive a flow the OEM pipe is compared to SFS's version.

But you need to be aware my gains were done with both pipes replaced, not just one.

I still have the SFS Turbo > IC pipe on the car along with OEM IC>TB pipe. But not been on any RR tho to see if that discharge pipe alone has made a diff compared to running OEM on both pipes previously. Could do it but i can't be bothered!!  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 01:53:35 pm »
^^^^
I stand corrected :grin: and already said as much before your post, tony_d et al.

It's very easy to put a spin on things to suit a view and we all know how my enthusiasm and support for some companies, which I'm entitled to have, can put some people's backs up. But I'm not saying that SFS are rubbish and Neuspeed's or someone else's more expensive solution is better, am I.

Think of it another way, my much earlier criticism (since found to be mistaken) has served to highlight the SFS solution's strengths for all and sundry to read.

Can we now stop Robin-bashing for today.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:58:50 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2009, 01:56:34 pm »

I'm sure the theory on removing the metal sections is flow dynamics. The fewer obstructions, joints, changes in bore size, the smoother and more efficient the flow. I can see why this SFS solution works and why it gives better results than the competition. You get faster spool with your pipes, the SFS ones likewise, in addition increasing power and torque because they have less loss over the length.

It's also worth noting that the MKV uses the same crap design of couplings the MKIV had, which blow past the O-rings - removing as many of these as possible can only be a good move.

....Damn you, Mike! Now you've explained the benefits I'm regretting my ineffective Neuspeed solution. However, throwing more money at this particular mod simply isn't worth my while. We all make mistakes.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »
it would be if you factor in the money you would get back when selling the neuspeed discharge pipe and IC/TB pipe.

Ive seen second hand sets go for more than £250 for the two(which is still cheap in comparison to the new price of them)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2009, 02:38:54 pm »

it would be if you factor in the money you would get back when selling the neuspeed discharge pipe and IC/TB pipe.

Ive seen second hand sets go for more than £250 for the two(which is still cheap in comparison to the new price of them)

....Very good point, Sy. I suppose I'd have to use the dreaded eBay as no-one here will want them in preference to the SFS.

Someone was actually looking for some in the Wanted area IIRC.

Hmm.. That front mounted intercooler might come earlier than anticipated.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 06:20:12 pm »

I may be mis-reading this Robin, but it seems you're beating them down for openly admitting they revised their product in the early stages of pre-production before releasing a finished item ready for the open market? They've never sold 1 of the pipes with an issue to a customer, so what's the problem?

Chungsters was a test car, that's why you have test cars to shake things down and ensure it's right. SFS have been open and honest about their product evolution, I think that's better then trying to cover it up.

Milltek realised they had a design issue with their mounts snapping after full production had been released and fixed it, do you treat them with the same scepticism?

I also seem to remember you defending VWR to the hilt when one of their shortshift kits ballsed up because it hadn't been designed properly before full release.

I have to say Robin you pulled your own pants down with this one, and you deserve something large and dry inserted.  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »

I have to say Robin you pulled your own pants down with this one, and you deserve something large and dry inserted.  :laugh:

....It happens to the best of us. At least I can laugh at myself.  :happy2:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »

Just spoke to a chap at SFS, he wasnt sure how the KO4 items would differ and asked if I could find out.  He said he thinks it would be the Intercooler end, I think surely its the Turbo end?

Thanks in advance

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 03:58:56 pm »
well for starters you have a different turbo, so if the discharge pipe is going to change then it will be there and not at the intercooler because you have the cupra and ED30 have the same IC as the K03. (S3 is the exception so that very well might change)

however the intercooler/throttle body pipe will be where the difference is. I believe there is a take off on K04 cars in that(k04 guys correct me if im wrong), but not on the K03.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 03:59:32 pm »
sounds to me that they are begging for a guinea pig there mike

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2009, 06:52:02 pm »

Having spent most of today chatting with Jim at JKM while he worked on my car, the convo turned to silicone - Not implants but hoses/piping. We discussed the whole turbo charge/discharge tract and he pointed out the importance of having the Nomex(?) section at the turbo end and silicone (just at the turbo union) in his opinion would not be up to the job longer term because of the heat.

Food for thought. Not trying to rubbish anything but just to share a consideration.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2009, 07:03:00 pm »

Having spent most of today chatting with Jim at JKM while he worked on my car, the convo turned to silicone - Not implants but hoses/piping. We discussed the whole turbo charge/discharge tract and he pointed out the importance of having the Nomex(?) section at the turbo end and silicone (just at the turbo union) in his opinion would not be up to the job longer term because of the heat.

Food for thought. Not trying to rubbish anything but just to share a consideration.

Will mention this to SFS when the time comes cheers RR  :drinking:

Offline Bogwoppit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2010, 12:04:38 pm »
My SFS Intercooler hoses arrived today, so I thought I'd post some pictures up. As you can see the cold side pipe has changed slightly to give more clearance behind the rad fans:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:06:16 pm by Bogwoppit »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »
get em fitted then, i want info lol

Offline Bogwoppit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »
get em fitted then, i want info lol

Hopefully that will be next weekend, gonna be removing the pre cat and fitting revision D divertor valve at  the same time though.