Make a donation

Author Topic: Courier  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Courier
« on: February 15, 2012, 03:24:47 pm »
Anyone know of a decent courier for a bumper?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: Courier
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 03:30:13 pm »
Sent one this week using "courier-queen" on eBay - they are an agent using City Link and it got picked up next morning, delivered working day after.

Just had UPS bring my new one. Always happy with their service.

These are bumpers effectivaly bubble wrapped once/twice in bin bags/brown paper.

You could probably book cheaper through Parcelmonkey etc but for oversized stuff i like paying the extra to an agent who specifically advertises bumpers etc so if collection is refused, it's on them.

People will say the usual - Paisley Freight etc but they are double the price almost for what seems to be the same service (have used them also).
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:33:30 pm »
Noticed some couriers will not take bumpers.....

Will have a look at courier queen. Mind me asking prices? and what stats you use? size/weights?

do you know which ones WILL NOT take a bumper?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »
They were about £14 - I doubt you'll get much cheaper. Can book up til 2330 for next day collection.

They must input their own sizes, as the auction was for a 'car bumper delivery'. I think these agents just list dimensions up to the maximum possible for the price.

I know if you use P2Go, Parcelmonkey etc the costs will be way more as when you put the dimensions in it shoots the prices up (over 150 cm length etc).

Offline TimG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:01:27 pm »
Not sure is Paisley freight do bumpers?

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:11 pm »

£27 on their eBay account

Offline TimG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 05:14:47 pm »

£27 on their eBay account

There we go  :happy2:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »
while ive been trying to send a side skirt, now first off its about 2 metres, so i bubble wrap it and go to the PO, woman says sorry to big take it to parcel force, so i drive 40mile round trip, woman in there says because its over 1.5 metres it has to go in the big parcel bit and for that id need to box it, FFS so i go over the road to Halfords and get a bike box, buy a roll of rape tape and a stanley knife, cut the box up and pack said side skirt in the car park walk back into parcel farce and the woman tells me that because it is bigger now its boxed instead of it being £13 (like she said before) it will now be £33  :surprised: WTF i bit my tongue but i felt like grabbing her round the throat and saying why the f*ck didnt you tell me that before i spent £10 on packing it again and 40mins in halfords fanning around the thick stupid ****!!!

sorry rant over  :signLOL:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline AdeMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 05:35:17 pm »
while ive been trying to send a side skirt, now first off its about 2 metres, so i bubble wrap it and go to the PO, woman says sorry to big take it to parcel force, so i drive 40mile round trip, woman in there says because its over 1.5 metres it has to go in the big parcel bit and for that id need to box it, FFS so i go over the road to Halfords and get a bike box, buy a roll of rape tape and a stanley knife, cut the box up and pack said side skirt in the car park walk back into parcel farce and the woman tells me that because it is bigger now its boxed instead of it being £13 (like she said before) it will now be £33  :surprised: WTF i bit my tongue but i felt like grabbing her round the throat and saying why the f*ck didnt you tell me that before i spent £10 on packing it again and 40mins in halfords fanning around the thick stupid ****!!!

sorry rant over  :signLOL:

Sorry I mustn't but that made me laugh....you can't write this stuff.....well obviously you can...but you know what I mean  :laugh:

Offline TimG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »
 :signLOL:

Sorry, I feel you pain!

hugh jass

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 05:44:32 pm »
http://www.interparcel.com/  These guys do a good job. Used them 3 times this year without any trouble and saved quite a bit

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:45 pm »
I work for ups. As above use interparcel then i think you can chose ups as your carrier.
You can book for same day pick up with a time slot to suit.
We will carry most goods including bumpers as long as its well packaged.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 01:17:18 am »
Looked at interparcel < they are saying in the site, bumper etc. are classed as restricted items? is it best to contact them by phone to book it?

Restricted Items

The following items are deemed unsuitable for shipment by our services, and are therefore restricted. Any of these items being sent may result in surcharges, delays or confiscation by authorities where appropriate. No transit cover or guarantees whatsoever will apply to these items. THESE ITEMS ARE SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

- Car bumpers

Offline xjscx

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:58 am »
Try parcels2go.com I've used them a few times before and always had good service from them.

hugh jass

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:39 am »
Didnt notice the bumper restrictions on interparcel :ashamed: Have a look here https://www.paisleyfreight.com/?source=google&segment=cars&gclid=CPeEl6b8pq4CFcEntAodDiF7RA