Make a donation

Author Topic: just to clarify something about rist and warranty?  (Read 837 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
just to clarify something about rist and warranty?
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:57:39 pm »
 just done the pre motorway clean (sad but whatever) and noticed my right side skirt directly below where the door sits has patches of rust and bubbles from rust under rhe paint. now serious or bad or large but to me obvious. anyway i felt a bit and it peeled away leaving bear metal. iv coated with a good sealant and wax in the meantime to slow any rust down on that oart but am i right in thinking i can claim warranty for rust?

Its a 05 mk5 gti with 70000 on the clock.

Thanks!!

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
Re: just to clarify something about rist and warranty?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »
i had a bit of rust on the sill under where the front quarter pannel meets the sill (just behind the front wheel) and had it fixed under warranty  :happy2:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline TimG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »
12 yrs corrosion, but I think you'll find they'll say it was chipped causing the damage and then in turn rust. Its a inside out warranty so does not include external damage as the cause, typical of rust low on the car. Give it a go though.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:17:19 pm »
Whats the proceedure then? Sorry iv never had to use warranty.

Well thats typical. ill argue that its "technically" inside as it doesnt actually see any sunlight or weather until i open the car door. if not ill hace to pay a mate to do the respray which id rather not.

Offline TimG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:20:11 pm »
I guess just get yourself into the dealer and get it assessed, you might be lucky?