Make a donation

Author Topic: Webby`s Black GTI- now with smooth bumpers, coilovers and new winter wheels  (Read 20052 times)

Offline Dan.b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Someone on SCN bought it off eBay about 6 months ago needing some tlc. Had green wheels iirc.

I've got a steel grey 07 plate coming in p/x at work. It's a standard one but has low miles and will be cheap.

How's your clutch doing with the stage 1 map? Any in car videos? Curious to see what they go like.

I sold my stage 2 ko3s Ibiza bought a few diesels and currently own a ep3 type r which is for sale!

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Someone on SCN bought it off eBay about 6 months ago needing some tlc. Had green wheels iirc.

I've got a steel grey 07 plate coming in p/x at work. It's a standard one but has low miles and will be cheap.

How's your clutch doing with the stage 1 map? Any in car videos? Curious to see what they go like.

I sold my stage 2 ko3s Ibiza bought a few diesels and currently own a ep3 type r which is for sale!

i havent got any video`s unfortunately, map is defo worth doing tho, makes a big difference! had the map on for about 3.5k miles and the clutch is fine, hasnt slipped in the slightest, going for a stage 2 soon so will see how it lasts then :s

i would advise getting a map pretty soon after buying it as i was a lil dissapointed with the standard performance

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
Saw your car up at Beaconsfield services on Friday night. Looked very nice. I Loved the alloys  :happy2:

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

im interested in swapping my wheels for something with abit of dish so if anyone has something then let me know :)

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Webby`s Black GTI- now with smooth bumpers, coilovers and 997 turbo wheels :)
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »
Your motor Looked nice @ Players, you were parked accross from me lol

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Webby`s Black GTI- now with smooth bumpers, coilovers and 997 turbo wheels :)
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 05:46:28 pm »
quick update. please excuse the rubbish iphone pics!

before players i had a quick rush to get the car ready. it went into the bodyshop to have the front and rear bumpers re smoothed, front grills painted black and the arches rolled and pulled out :)

then Sat night the car got a full detail by a mate.

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »
Your motor Looked nice @ Players, you were parked accross from me lol

cheers man. do u have bbs wheels on now?

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 08:17:01 am »
you got ur sitting nice

Yeh thats right I've got a set of BBS CH reps for the time being I had the R7KYX number plate

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline hunter

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
hi mate looks mega wae the porsche wheels and the smoothed rear bumper  :happy2:

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
im too lazy to be cleaning my car over winter alot so iv gone for a dirty low look on my new winter wheels.. i swapped the 997 wheels for these bbs ch which i think suit the car alot better!

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Did they plastic weld your rear bumper mate do you know? and what bumper was it too start with? front end looks mint smoothed too!

Personally I think the porsche wheels ruin it (for me anyway) each to their own and all that jazz tho :)

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Did they plastic weld your rear bumper mate do you know? and what bumper was it too start with? front end looks mint smoothed too!

Personally I think the porsche wheels ruin it (for me anyway) each to their own and all that jazz tho :)

yeah i was never 100% on them either, just bought them as they were going silly cheap and i hated the standard 17in monza`s that were all curbed!

i think the bbs ch wheels look so much better!

it is standard gti bumpers front n rear that have been plastic welded and filled over. was quite impressed they managed to get rid of the step on the rear

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
I seee, explains it... don't get me wrong there nice wheels... on a porsche :)

mind you this is a little pot & kettle for me - I had D90's on my old Polo  :stupid:

BBS look nice, I happen to have them on mine ;) lol

Spray/PC them the same colour as the centre section on your grill and it'l look mint!!!

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I seee, explains it... don't get me wrong there nice wheels... on a porsche :)

mind you this is a little pot & kettle for me - I had D90's on my old Polo  :stupid:

BBS look nice, I happen to have them on mine ;) lol

Spray/PC them the same colour as the centre section on your grill and it'l look mint!!!

yeah my boss has just bought a company that does powder coating so my plan was to get them done once he has fully taken over. hopes be at a nice discounted rate :)

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
My CH's are off the car awaiting some powder coating love! Im doing them in anthracite (ish) ill post you a pic up if there done before yours so you get an idea of what yours will look like!

:happy2: