Make a donation

Author Topic: free steak at waitrose!  (Read 721 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
free steak at waitrose!
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:16 am »
Morning folks,

Only posting as this type of thing never seems to happen for me!

Went to Waitrose for some mile last night , seen 2 packs of Aberdeen Angus thin sirloin steak reduced from £6.99 to £1.99 - great, a bargain i thought, so a duly grabbed both packs. Picked up some milk as well (which is why we went in the first place).

At the checkout, scanned everything in, the total came to £1.25 (the price of the milk).. checked the screen, everything was on there but they had left the 2 for £10 on the packs of steak - which meant a discount of £3.98!!

so, i guess its a heads up if you ever see reduced stuff like this in the future - might be worth checking if the multi-buy discounts still apply as well!

Anyone have decent ways of cooking steak?? i very rarely cook it at home...

thanks

Rich

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: Re: free steak at waitrose!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:09:27 am »
Bit of olive oil and seasoning on the steak, tiny bit in the pan with some crushed garlic, heat a girdle pan (ideally) till its really hot. Bang the steaks in, lots of sizzle, turn over. Don't harass the steak while its cooking-leave it be and don't be frightened of the smoke and splatter. Then leave it sitting on a warm plate for as long as you cooked it for before serving.

Timing is individual and depends on how thick they are. Personally 2 to 3 minutes a side is good for me. Bit longer if they are thick.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant