Make a donation

Author Topic: What to do?!  (Read 772 times)

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
What to do?!
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »
I've recently sold 5 transit vans on eBay that were surplus to requirements. All 5 got bid on and bought.

One of the winning bidders registered address was in Romania so I looked at his feedback and he had 100% feedback, including buying a few cars. He got in touch quickly but said he couldn't pick up for 9 days. The advert clearly stated that they had to be collected within 7 days so I told him I would need a £200 deposit via Paypal if he wanted me to keep it for him. A day or so later I got the £200 deposit via Paypal and immediately withdrew it to my bank account. Once it was in my bank account, I transferred it to another account, emptying the one he paid it into incase he tried to reclaim it.

He mentioned he was leaving Luton train station and would be getting into Carlisle at 18:05 last night and could we pick him up. I replied saying yes and asked him for his number to which I never got a reply. I sent him a further 2 messages over the course of the week (including my mobile number and asking to confirm he had booked a train and his time of arrival) to which I also got no response. We went to the station last night to wait for him and we're there from 17:40 until 18:30. We checked the train from Luton was on time which it was but he never turned up. We waited for the next two trains but there was still no sign of him. We went to our yard to see if he had got a taxi there but there was no sign of him there either and one of the lads that was still there said he hadn't seen anyone. I messages him straight away via eBay (the only way I can contact him) and still havn't had a reply as of yet

So my question is, what do I do with the £200 deposit he has sent me?! Do I give it back or keep it for him wasting my time?!

Cheers,
Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

hugh jass

Re: What to do?!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:39:33 pm »
 Common sense says wait until you hear from him then decide. If he wants the money back let him have it, but work out and take your selling costs from it.
 Perhaps ebay can help negotiate. Good luck

ps Romany gypsies on your front lawn in the morning :signLOL:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:47:14 pm by hugh jass »

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: What to do?!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »
Common sense says wait until you hear from him then decide. If he wants the money back let him have it, but work out and take your selling costs from it.
 Perhaps ebay can help negotiate. Good luck

ps Romany gypsies on your front lawn in the morning :signLOL:

Wise advice mate :happy2: