Make a donation

Author Topic: If there is one thing I loathe ........  (Read 3959 times)

Offline JamesH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
If there is one thing I loathe ........
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:55:57 pm »
It's mother f*ckers that go back on their word.

A guy came and saw my s3 last Friday week and we went for a test drive and he ummd and ahhhhhd and then after a number of calls and emails and texts we agreed a on a price.

As the deal was done on the phone it was difficult to ask for a deposit to secure the car so I told the buyer that I didn't want to be fracked about but was happy to accept a gentlemans agreement to secure the car. What a mistake.

Deal done.

He then decided that he wouldn't take the car immediately as it had the private plate was on and so he would wait until I had got the original plate back on. I then reminded him that we had a verbal agreement and if I went ahead and paid for the plate transfer we were signed sealed and ready to deliver.

Sent the DVLA the documents and a cheque for £105 last week and been sat waiting.

Got a text this morning from the buyer saying that he had changed his mind and he didn't want to go ahead. Didn't even have the decency to call me do I called him and asked what the frack he was playing at. Said He had found another one and that it was my fault for not budging enough on price and that I was asking too much etc etc. We had agreed on a price and had a verbal agreement. He then told me it was my hard luck and that he wasn't prepared to make good the cost of the DVLA fees as I had told him that if I didnt sell to him I would be keeping it.

Anyway. Thoroughly pissed off and now can't decide what to do.

So if FRAZER or PHIL DAINTON from Bracknell are reading this - you are a bunch of tossers that have no concept of what a decent person would do when they make a verbal agreement and what we even agreed was a gentlemans agreement and "I would never f*ck anyone around". f*ck you. I hope you buy some piece of sh*t and save a couple of hundred quid and have years of misery.

Lesson learned. I'm a big fat schoolboy. Should have demanded a bank transfer as a deposit but thought a verbal agreement would do. Ho hum.

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: If there is one thing I loathe ........
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »
Let's hope all their kids have small dicks......and that includes the girls!  :booty:

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »
That's sh*t mate.
Nowadays you need a deposit people don't seem to understand what making an agreement means.
I hope you find a new home for her.

Sent from my iPhone
MISANO RED RS3

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:02:23 pm »
takes the piss mate, I trust everyone (while not my EX wife but everyone else) and ive been bitten a few times, i now think what goes around comes around and this world is a very small place and at some point your paves will cross again
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:55 pm »
Always get a deposit as it covers any messing around

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »
You did well to even get the txt.....

I've had a similar situation but the guy didn't even had the decency to call or txt. Just ignored my emails, txts and phone calls!!  :fighting:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 11:28:56 pm »
I had this but as a buyer. Price agreed on a set of recaros, all set to make the trip to liverpool to collect when last minute he emails me saying to not make the trip as his dog has chewed up one of the seats. Got my mate to ring up and turns out he sold em to someone else.

Tosser! Lost money aswell by not scheduling any work in that day  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

People dont stick to their word these days.

GLWTS

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:06 pm »
I had this but as a buyer. Price agreed on a set of recaros, all set to make the trip to liverpool to collect when last minute he emails me saying to not make the trip as his dog has chewed up one of the seats. Got my mate to ring up and turns out he sold em to someone else.

Tosser! Lost money aswell by not scheduling any work in that day  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

People dont stick to their word these days.

GLWTS

Bottom line is Items are still for sale until (non refundable) deposit is paid, its the only way these days.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline JamesH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 02:11:02 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys - as i said, I made a big fat school boy error and now I'm paying the price.  :ashamed:

Question is, do I try and sell it again or do I buy some new rims and fit my FBMFSW and give it a good coat of wax and get on with enjoying it?!?!  :laugh:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 02:41:45 pm »
Learn from your mistakes. If you still want to sell the car, don't let one bad experience put you off but learn from it and next time charge a deposit.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 04:07:24 pm »
Let's hope all their kids have small dicks......and that includes the girls!  :booty:

Now that's funny!  :signLOL:

Offline Dubflecta

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 04:29:33 pm »
You should have asked him to paypal a small £105 deposit. That way if he pulled out you at least covered the plate transfer. If he wouldnt agree to that in the first place then you would have found out earlier on in the deal that he is a likely messer. 

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »
You should have asked him to paypal a small £105 deposit. That way if he pulled out you at least covered the plate transfer. If he wouldnt agree to that in the first place then you would have found out earlier on in the deal that he is a likely messer. 

That wont work, he would have simply opened a paypal claim as you could not prove you sent him anything!, no tracking=full refund with paypal.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 07:00:29 pm »
Not everybody goes back on their word. But the plonkers are out there. Usually I'm prepared to take a chance as long as I can afford for it to go wrong.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:57:58 am »

That wont work, he would have simply opened a paypal claim as you could not prove you sent him anything!, no tracking=full refund with paypal.

PayPal gift?
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+