Make a donation

Author Topic: Picked up my Edition 30 today - need some advice  (Read 7764 times)

Offline Lazye

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Picked up my Edition 30 today - need some advice
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »
I'm glad you got your issue resloved and you decided to keep the car!

I work for a main dealer (not VW) and if I was to detail some of the events that I have seen you would be seriously shocked...  :scared:

Offline Tinytim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »
I'd be asking for the tyre FOC from the stealer considering their terrible service.
I'm shocked that they have also charged you a massively over inflated price for it.

Why didn't you go and by a better tyre cheaper from else where?

Offline reflex11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »
dam.. should have used camskill instead of the stealers

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 9
  • I was born a while ago and I'm not dead yet.
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 10:45:20 pm »
I usually use Camskill but the car was in the dealers getting the service etc done and I just wanted it all fixed and done there and then so I could just get driving the car without worrying about it!

PSW

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:07 am »
But the question still arises.    Why did you buy a car that's been badly keyed?? Alarm bells ringing and walk away.    And all this ballache would. never have happened.       Plenty of decent cars out there just separating the wheat from the chaff that takes time  :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:31:35 am by PSW »

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:28 am »
But the question still arises.    Why did you buy a car that's been badly keyed?? Alarm bells ringing and walk away.    And all this ballache would. never have happened.       Plenty of decent cars out there just separating the wheat from the chaff that takes time  :happy2:

I took the dealers word for it that the bodywork was in great condition - and it mostly is apart from these two scratches which will be removed without too much fuss next week hopefully. And since I live in Glasgow and the car was in Peterborough I had to go on that and some pictures the dealer had sent me.

I had to take a day off work to fly down to get the car, arrange my brother to meet me and pick me up and take me to the garage, I had the insurance already in place etc. That's why I bought the car!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great car, I've just had a few initial bumps in the road that need(ed) sorting out.

Just looking forward to enjoying the car now and getting a few wee initial mods done, starting with a trip to Dundee on Sunday to have an RNS 510 that I've bought fitted and coded up by Golfman :smiley:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:39:36 am by Billy »

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 09:37:46 am »
Glad to hear its all sorted and you can start enjoying it....beware of Golfman Scott hes a bad influence!!!!! :grin:

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 02:32:47 pm »
I think it's a decent resolution. All the people telling you to return the car probably don't know how hard it is to find a good one, and I'm guessing good Edition 30s are becoming more scarce  with age. It had a few (minor) problems but the advantage you get from buying from a dealer is that those problems can be rectified pretty easily. With the returns policy you effectively have them over a barrel. If you'd bought privately it may have been a different story altogether.

Offline Billy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
Yep, plus I have the year's warranty  :happy2: