Make a donation

Author Topic: If there is one thing I loathe ........  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: If there is one thing I loathe ........
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 10:37:47 am »
You should have asked him to paypal a small £105 deposit. That way if he pulled out you at least covered the plate transfer. If he wouldnt agree to that in the first place then you would have found out earlier on in the deal that he is a likely messer. 

That wont work, he would have simply opened a paypal claim as you could not prove you sent him anything!, no tracking=full refund with paypal.

PayPal gift?

If the guy is extremely trusting, it would work, but there is only a very small %age of people who would do that or keep a positive balance in pp acc.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 03:25:12 pm »
I'm afraid there are too many people who do things like this. Always take a deposit when you sell a car otherwise you get stitched up!!  :drinking:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline flipmyflipper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 05:53:28 pm »
Yeah its a sad state of affairs when people do this, they are just selfish wasters only thinking of themselves. Unfortunately a lot of people don't have the same values and common courtesy as the rest of us. Don't worry mate I've had simular things happen in the past, it's all a leaning curve.

2005 Golf GTD - 18" Speedlines|Eibach Sportline Springs|Powerflow S/Steel Exhaust|GTI Lights, Fogs, Bumpers, Side Skirts & Grill|R32 Rear Lights

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »
You should have asked him to paypal a small £105 deposit. That way if he pulled out you at least covered the plate transfer. If he wouldnt agree to that in the first place then you would have found out earlier on in the deal that he is a likely messer. 

That wont work, he would have simply opened a paypal claim as you could not prove you sent him anything!, no tracking=full refund with paypal.

PayPal gift?

If the guy is extremely trusting, it would work, but there is only a very small %age of people who would do that or keep a positive balance in pp acc.

could you explain what the difference is in leaving a PayPal deposit or a cash deposit? the trust is exactly the same either way...
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+